2015 HS Football Pick 'em - Week 6

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2015 HS Football Pick 'em - Week 6

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

HighFlyer wrote:Punahou
Radford
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapaa
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
Kamehameha
@HighFlyer:
May I ask the same question of you that I asked of 2k_Hawaii: What makes you pick Kamehameha over St Louis? Just curious.

HighFlyer
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by HighFlyer »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Radford
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapaa
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
Kamehameha
@HighFlyer:
May I ask the same question of you that I asked of 2k_Hawaii: What makes you pick Kamehameha over St Louis? Just curious.
Because they've got a history of winning games they shouldn't.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Hope I can redeem myself this week:
Punahou
Mt Tahoma(WA)
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapa'a
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
St Louis

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

Here goes:
Punahou
Radford
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapa'a
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
St. Louis

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

HighFlyer wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Radford
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapaa
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
Kamehameha
@HighFlyer:
Because they've got a history of winning games they shouldn't.
@HighFlyer: But when was the last time they beat St Louis when they shouldn't have? In fact, it seems that more often they lose to St Louis when they shouldn't. Last year, guys were talking about how good Kamehameha's D was, yet Kamehameha lost to St Louis twice.

Localfan808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Localfan808 »

Punahou
Radford
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapaa
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
St. Louis

808ftblPOLYtics
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808ftblPOLYtics »

Punahou
Radford
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapa'a
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
Saint Louis

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

Punahou
Radford
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapaa
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
Saint Louis

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

reinjah11...just curious but how do you select the games every week? This week for instance, you have chosen 3 games that everyone will pick the same winner - Mililani, Kapaa, and Nanakuli. There are some really good games that you have left off the list such as: Pac5/St Francis, King K/Lahainaluna, Hilo/KS-Hawaii. Gotta make it a little tougher on these guys :)

backyard ballaz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by backyard ballaz »

also noticed that the lineups never involve the BIIf games.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Punahou
Radford
Baldwin
Nanakuli
Kapa'a
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Mililani
Saint Louis

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

University Ave wrote:reinjah11...just curious but how do you select the games every week? This week for instance, you have chosen 3 games that everyone will pick the same winner - Mililani, Kapaa, and Nanakuli. There are some really good games that you have left off the list such as: Pac5/St Francis, King K/Lahainaluna, Hilo/KS-Hawaii. Gotta make it a little tougher on these guys :)
Well i try to pick the 10 most popular games of the week. Sometimes its hard to choose them when only 5 or so games are really a toss up and the rest are mismatches. I get what your saying though but the matchups you listed arent very close either when you break them down. I guess King K/Lahainaluna is sorta interesting because lahainaluna has lost 4 in a row since their win. As for the rest, Pac5 and KS-Hawaii should be a good favorite over their opponents. Something I considered implementing is a line/spread for each game. That way it sorta levels out the matchups and ppl will have to factor in the spread when making their picks. Thing is though im not all that knowledgeable about every team so it would be difficult for me to set a line that would be fitting. I think ppl like unpaid, hsfootballfanatic, and politclyincrekt are more qualified for that stuff so if theyre down to do it then im in.

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

backyard ballaz wrote:also noticed that the lineups never involve the BIIf games.
I didnt notice, ill try to add more BIIF games for the future. Looking back at their schedule though, a lot of their good games were played on Thursdays which is probably why. The games i choose from are the Friday-Saturday matchups.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

reignjah11 wrote:
University Ave wrote:reinjah11...just curious but how do you select the games every week? This week for instance, you have chosen 3 games that everyone will pick the same winner - Mililani, Kapaa, and Nanakuli. There are some really good games that you have left off the list such as: Pac5/St Francis, King K/Lahainaluna, Hilo/KS-Hawaii. Gotta make it a little tougher on these guys :)
Well i try to pick the 10 most popular games of the week. Sometimes its hard to choose them when only 5 or so games are really a toss up and the rest are mismatches. I get what your saying though but the matchups you listed arent very close either when you break them down. I guess King K/Lahainaluna is sorta interesting because lahainaluna has lost 4 in a row since their win. As for the rest, Pac5 and KS-Hawaii should be a good favorite over their opponents. Something I considered implementing is a line/spread for each game. That way it sorta levels out the matchups and ppl will have to factor in the spread when making their picks. Thing is though im not all that knowledgeable about every team so it would be difficult for me to set a line that would be fitting. I think ppl like unpaid, hsfootballfanatic, and politclyincrekt are more qualified for that stuff so if theyre down to do it then im in.
@reignjah11: Thanks for the offer; I'm flattered that you consider me "more qualified." Quite frankly, I think you are more qualified than I. Notice, though, that I (almost) never take part in the "Pick 'ems." That's because I'm generally interested in only a few games each week, and I'd rather not bother trying to predict ten games, even though some of the games would seem to have obvious winners. Thanks again for the offer, but it's a bit much to me.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Punahou
Radford
Maui
Nanakuli
Kapa'a
Leilehua