Mililani brought back to Earth

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Mililani brought back to Earth

Post by SM96753 »

The loss to Liberty has got to be humbling to the Mililani players, fans, and coaches! I wonder if they took their Las Vegas opponent lightly after seeing St. Louis win in blowout fashion the previous week?

There is no doubt the Trojan's have been riding high since last years state championship. Everyone telling them how great they are with all their return players and D1 prospects. One thing's for sure, the players from Liberty are walking around talking about how they defeated the Hawaii high school defending state champions!

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Re: Mililani brought back to Earth

Post by politclyincrekt »

SM96753 wrote:The loss to Liberty has got to be humbling to the Mililani players, fans, and coaches! I wonder if they took their Las Vegas opponent lightly after seeing St. Louis win in blowout fashion the previous week?

There is no doubt the Trojan's have been riding high since last years state championship. Everyone telling them how great they are with all their return players and D1 prospects. One thing's for sure, the players from Liberty are walking around talking about how they defeated the Hawaii high school defending state champions!
All the credit goes to Liberty. Even sports writers in Nevada were predicting Mililani would win. And while, yes, they are happy to defeat the Hawaii state champions, I think everyone (including people in Nevada) will know that St. Louis had Liberty's number and that the Crusaders are a much better squad than Mililani.

I would've loved to see that game though.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

politclyincrekt wrote: I think everyone (including people in Nevada) will know that St. Louis had Liberty's number and that the Crusaders are a much better squad than Mililani.

I hope your right because I in no way can root for Mililani to win this year's state title. I can't have team from Nevada claiming that they defeated this year's eventual Hawaii state champion!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

goes to show when u graduate your dline studs from waianae and o line studs from kalihi u dont have a sustainable program to compete. what happen when the recruiting all dri out and u left with the real mill town players? das why they still a fluke, win 1 title great, win 2 title u catch our attntion, win 3 you on to something, win 4 u a dynasty
for some resaon york think he a dynasty mentionting taking on bishop gorman and libertys of this world? lol, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
-------------------

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

huki-lau-lau wrote:goes to show when u graduate your dline studs from waianae and o line studs from kalihi u dont have a sustainable program to compete. what happen when the recruiting all dri out and u left with the real mill town players? das why they still a fluke, win 1 title great, win 2 title u catch our attntion, win 3 you on to something, win 4 u a dynasty
for some resaon york think he a dynasty mentionting taking on bishop gorman and libertys of this world? lol, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
It's interesting because Liberty can't even compete with BG.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

SM96753 wrote:
politclyincrekt wrote: I think everyone (including people in Nevada) will know that St. Louis had Liberty's number and that the Crusaders are a much better squad than Mililani.

I hope your right because I in no way can root for Mililani to win this year's state title. I can't have team from Nevada claiming that they defeated this year's eventual Hawaii state champion!
Same when Leilehua defeated Service (Alaska's state champion). And considering Liberty is a contender year in and out for Nevada's state championship (always losing to Gorman), I don't think it's as bad as we think losing to Liberty.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

i rather our private shcool go mainland every year to rep hawaii. oia public schools are hit and miss so no good rep hawaii. kahuku lose to many times in mainland because they win state title 1 year an graduate all good player and rebuild. ilh have a constant stream of talent comeing in every year
-------------------

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

politclyincrekt wrote:
SM96753 wrote:

Same when Leilehua defeated Service (Alaska's state champion). And considering Liberty is a contender year in and out for Nevada's state championship (always losing to Gorman), I don't think it's as bad as we think losing to Liberty.
I don't care that Mililani loss to Liberty, what I care about is that if Mililani goes on to win the state championship, a team from Nevada will be able to claim that they are BETTER than the best team in Hawaii.

If Punahou had loss to Del Oro, it would bother me if Punahou went on to win the state championship because then Del Oro would have been able to say that they beat the best team in Hawaii.

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

Saint Louis will take ILH and Kahuku will take the OIA

Trojans can't fix their Defensive problems. Why, you might ask? They have no one to fix it with. Just like Saint Louis last year. High powered Offense under powered Defense. Saints got better as the year went on but it was not enough to beat Punahou. I just don't see them stopping Kahuku. You all agree Kahuku has a better ground game than Liberty, and their defense is one of, if not the strongest defense in Hawaii.

It'll be Saints the last one standing.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

im woried about kahuku qb situation as factor against mill, they got worse at the qb situqtion from lastyear
if they do get pased mill and meet stluis the qb will even more factor. on paper stlouis look like the favored but i still got my invisible money on kahuku win it all.
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

SM96753 wrote:The loss to Liberty has got to be humbling to the Mililani players, fans, and coaches! I wonder if they took their Las Vegas opponent lightly after seeing St. Louis win in blowout fashion the previous week?

@SM96753: If they're doing that, then they should also talk about how they were defeated by St Louis, another Hawaii high school.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

politclyincrekt wrote:

All the credit goes to Liberty. Even sports writers in Nevada were predicting Mililani would win. And while, yes, they are happy to defeat the Hawaii state champions, I think everyone (including people in Nevada) will know that St. Louis had Liberty's number and that the Crusaders are a much better squad than Mililani.

@politclyincrekt: Well, I still think Mililani's O is better than St Louis' O. It's just that St Louis' D is so much better than Mililani's D. But overall, yeah, I think St Louis is better. What's up with the scrimmage, though? How/why did Mililani win that?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

SM96753 wrote:

@SM96753: Makes you wonder whether Mililani will even make it to the title game. I think it's safe to assume that both Mililani and Kahuku will make it to States. Question is: Can Kahuku beat Mililani? If not, then Mililani should make it to the title game, playing either St Louis or Punahou. I simply cannot root for Punahou, and I apologize in advance to Punahou alumni for that. I'm kind of OK with St Louis, but I prefer Mililani to them. So, if Mililani makes it to the title game, I'll have to root for them. I think the question each of us has to ask is: Which school would you prefer to hear bragging about being D1 state football champs? Mililani, St Louis, or Punahou? Of those three, I have to root for Mililani. Note: I'm not a Mililani alumnus. As for Liberty, they can say whatever they want; they're not here. This is a Hawaii thing.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

huki-lau-lau wrote:goes to show when u graduate your dline studs from waianae and o line studs from kalihi u dont have a sustainable program to compete. what happen when the recruiting all dri out and u left with the real mill town players? das why they still a fluke, win 1 title great, win 2 title u catch our attntion, win 3 you on to something, win 4 u a dynasty
@huki-lau-lau: Well, Mililani's O is still pretty awesome, right? They still have Milton, Malepeai, and Timoteo. And their O-line can't be that bad, right? As a unit, Mililani's O is still putting-up lots of points against everyone, including Liberty. It's their D that must have really lost a lot of studs to graduation.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

huki-lau-lau wrote:im woried about kahuku qb situation as factor against mill, they got worse at the qb situqtion from lastyear
if they do get pased mill and meet stluis the qb will even more factor. on paper stlouis look like the favored but i still got my invisible money on kahuku win it all.
@huki-lau-lau: First, I'd like to make clear that if Kahuku and St Louis meet for the state title, I will root for Kahuku. But I think there's one thing standing in Kahuku's way: St Louis' D. I can kind of see Kahuku's D neutralizing St Louis' O; what I have trouble seeing is Kahuku's O overcoming St Louis' D, particularly their LB corps.