Mililani brought back to Earth

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Mililani brought back to Earth

Post by soleu »

huki-lau-lau wrote:im woried about kahuku qb situation as factor against mill, they got worse at the qb situqtion from lastyear
if they do get pased mill and meet stluis the qb will even more factor. on paper stlouis look like the favored but i still got my invisible money on kahuku win it all.
Since the Torres era, when has Kahuku's QB situation ever factored into them winning titles? It's always been defense and the run. You guys always control the tempo with that defense the the offense makes just enough at least to get through.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

soleu wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:im woried about kahuku qb situation as factor against mill, they got worse at the qb situqtion from lastyear
if they do get pased mill and meet stluis the qb will even more factor. on paper stlouis look like the favored but i still got my invisible money on kahuku win it all.
Since the Torres era, when has Kahuku's QB situation ever factored into them winning titles? It's always been defense and the run. You guys always control the tempo with that defense the the offense makes just enough at least to get through.
They had one of the best offenses in the history of Hawaii FB in 2010 (we'll never know what they could've done in the state tournament because of the idiotic clerical error) and beat us with passes in the state title games in 2011 and 2012. We stacked the box and made the run a lot of times those two years and got killed because of it.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote:
soleu wrote:
They had one of the best offenses in the history of Hawaii FB in 2010 (we'll never know what they could've done in the state tournament because of the idiotic clerical error) and beat us with passes in the state title games in 2011 and 2012. We stacked the box and made the run a lot of times those two years and got killed because of it.
@gopunahou:
But the question is: Can Kahuku beat Punahou with the pass this year?

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
gopunahou wrote:They had one of the best offenses in the history of Hawaii FB in 2010 (we'll never know what they could've done in the state tournament because of the idiotic clerical error) and beat us with passes in the state title games in 2011 and 2012. We stacked the box and made the run a lot of times those two years and got killed because of it.
@gopunahou:
Kahuku doesn't need to beat Punahou with the pass this year. Kahuku's defense will take away Punahou's own passing game. It'll be up to Punahou's defense to hold the Red Raider offense.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

politclyincrekt wrote:
gopunahou wrote:They had one of the best offenses in the history of Hawaii FB in 2010 (we'll never know what they could've done in the state tournament because of the idiotic clerical error) and beat us with passes in the state title games in 2011 and 2012. We stacked the box and made the run a lot of times those two years and got killed because of it.
@gopunahou:
Kahuku doesn't need to beat Punahou with the pass this year. Kahuku's defense will take away Punahou's own passing game. It'll be up to Punahou's defense to hold the Red Raider offense.
If our offense can avoid a slew of turnovers, our defense can hang with anyone, or so it's shown in the first three games.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

soleu wrote:
since tores era no high schools were as deadly offense as mill and stlouis right now, no longer can we win by scoring 9 pts, we need to score alteast 21 now days
-------------------

joesmako44
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by joesmako44 »

@HS football fanatic

You keep referring to the scrimmage that Mililani and St Louis had. Did you watch it? Couple things to think about that scrimmage since you feel that the scrimmage not a game is the main reason Mililani is better.

1- Nate, Drew, Tufaga, etc... Did not play.

2- St Louis ran the same plays all night

3- Everyone got reps

4- it was a scrimmage

St Louis has not played a REAL game yet. Lets watch their first game this saturday and then let's talk again.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

SM96753 wrote:
politclyincrekt wrote: I think everyone (including people in Nevada) will know that St. Louis had Liberty's number and that the Crusaders are a much better squad than Mililani.

I would've loved to see that game though.
I hope your right because I in no way can root for Mililani to win this year's state title. I can't have team from Nevada claiming that they defeated this year's eventual Hawaii state champion!
@SM96753: I think the question each of us has to ask is: Which school would you prefer to hear bragging about being D1 state football champs? Mililani, St Louis, or Punahou? Of those three, I have to root for Mililani. Note: I'm not a Mililani alumnus. As for Liberty, they can say whatever they want; they're not here. This is a Hawaii thing.

I see Hawaii vs. out of state as way more important than state championships from a national perspective. It makes me happier to see a team from Hawaii defeat a mainland foe than winning a state title.

St. Louis was able to gain recognition on a national scale by beating top quality mainland teams like Clovis, Bakersfield, Hart, etc. Had the Crusaders not beaten those teams and only won Prep Bowls, publications like the USA Today would not have respected them enough to place them in their Super 25 poll. In 2001, if St. Louis had been able to defeat Concord De LaSalle, it would have carried way more credibility for Hawaii prep football than winning a state title (which they eventually did).

I don't really care about the Hawaii thing, I care about the United States of America thing. I want to see our teams (ANY of the Hawaii high schools) in The USA Today Super 25, The National Prep Poll, and other national prep ranking publications.

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

joesmako44 wrote:@HS football fanatic

You keep referring to the scrimmage that Mililani and St Louis had. Did you watch it? Couple things to think about that scrimmage since you feel that the scrimmage not a game is the main reason Mililani is better.

1- Nate, Drew, Tufaga, etc... Did not play.

2- St Louis ran the same plays all night

3- Everyone got reps

4- it was a scrimmage

St Louis has not played a REAL game yet. Lets watch their first game this saturday and then let's talk again.
I agree. Mililani and everyone posting that Mililani can't be beat and referring to how unbeatable they are off the scrimmages, now are scratching their heads as to how they lost to a team that Saint Louis demolished just a week before. Saint Louis did not scrimmage with the intent of winning. They did it to evaluate players in game conditions. They mixed starters with 2nd and evern 4th stringers from the start. They wanted to see what they had NOT what the other team had.

I think what Mililani did backfired. Now they are scrambling to see who else they have To plug the very large hole they have on defense. Guess what? Saint Louis already did that while they were scrimmaging.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

Its tough for a high school team to travel. Liberty traveled here to play and wasnt ready. Then mililani traveled there and their defense got stuck at security screening. LoL, jus kidding. York needs to do some better recruiting on defense, how ugly does that score look? Props to mililani offense, put up nice numbers and points against a decent defense. Im not 100% convinced that St Louis is that much better than both Liberty and Mililani. But it does give STL some respect points! Lets see if they can keep it going against the other ILH powerhouses!

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
soleu wrote:
since tores era no high schools were as deadly offense as mill and stlouis right now, no longer can we win by scoring 9 pts, we need to score alteast 21 now days
The issue isn't just at QB though, he doesn't have enough time to set his feet to at least get to the 2nd read. Those kind of things with Kahuku are more mental than lack of physicality. I think it'll come around as the season goes on and this new coaching staff keeps working. I really want to see how they try to contain Milton and Tagavailoa on the other side of the ball. Now that I think back to it, the last time that kind of matchup happened was against Mariota but, like you said, that's when Kahuku had a complete offense to work with.

KindergartenCop

eonatoa wrote:Its tough for a high school team to travel. Liberty traveled here to play and wasnt ready. Then mililani traveled there and their defense got stuck at security screening. LoL, jus kidding. York needs to do some better recruiting on defense, how ugly does that score look? Props to mililani offense, put up nice numbers and points against a decent defense. Im not 100% convinced that St Louis is that much better than both Liberty and Mililani. But it does give STL some respect points! Lets see if they can keep it going against the other ILH powerhouses!
Your confusing me.

Liberty not only had to travel to Hawaii and play Saint Louis,, they had to travel back to play Mililani. They put more mile in than Mililani did and had to play two games.

Punahou traveled to the Mainland and won the same weekend.

Why are you making excuses for Mililani. Rod You said this was a business trip. Let call it for what it is They got beat by a better team. I believe that if the played again this Friday it would be the same result. If they played Saint Louis again. Liberty would lose again.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

What I don't like about all this is that Mililani has been the team to beat for the better part of 2 years. And it was a mainland team that did it.

eonatoa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by eonatoa »

KindergartenCop wrote:
eonatoa wrote:Its tough for a high school team to travel. Liberty traveled here to play and wasnt ready. Then mililani traveled there and their defense got stuck at security screening. LoL, jus kidding. York needs to do some better recruiting on defense, how ugly does that score look? Props to mililani offense, put up nice numbers and points against a decent defense. Im not 100% convinced that St Louis is that much better than both Liberty and Mililani. But it does give STL some respect points! Lets see if they can keep it going against the other ILH powerhouses!
Your confusing me.

Liberty not only had to travel to Hawaii and play Saint Louis,, they had to travel back to play Mililani. They put more mile in than Mililani did and had to play two games.

Why are you making excuses for Mililani. Rod You said this was a business trip. Let call it for what it is They got beat by a better team. I believe that if the played again this Friday it would be the same result. If they played Saint Louis again. Liberty would lose again.
My guess is youve never traveled to play a football game before. Your logic is the obvious, but reality says otherwise. Traveling back home to play a home game is nowhere near as difficult as traveling away.

And im not defending anyone, I actually took a few shots at millilani by suggesting their defense didnt show up and that they need to recruit more.

The observations i stated are my reasoning for not being convinced that STL is a far superior team to Mililani or Liberty. Following your logic, we should all assume that STL is a nationally top 10 school, and should run the table against the likes of Punahou, Kam, and eventually Mililani. In reality, i dont see that happening. And i also dont see them winning twice against Punahou. Once maybe.

KindergartenCop

eonatoa wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
Your confusing me.

My guess is youve never traveled to play a football game before. Your logic is the obvious, but reality says otherwise. Traveling back home to play a home game is nowhere near as difficult as traveling away.

And im not defending anyone, I actually took a few shots at millilani by suggesting their defense didnt show up and that they need to recruit more.

The observations i stated are my reasoning for not being convinced that STL is a far superior team to Mililani or Liberty. Following your logic, we should all assume that STL is a nationally top 10 school, and should run the table against the likes of Punahou, Kam, and eventually Mililani. In reality, i dont see that happening. And i also dont see them winning twice against Punahou. Once maybe.
My point was to not give so much credit to the travel as to the reasoning for not performing well.

Yes I did play at the next level and have traveled.

Explain, not just to me but the rest. how do you think Punahou can win against Saint Louis. Don't give me past stats. Just this years teams, because this year is what we're discussing.