St. Louis vs Liberty

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: St. Louis vs Liberty

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

KindergartenCop wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:I saw Kamehameha scrimmage Millilani and they looked good on both sides of the ball, they hung with Millilani for most of the scrimmage. Your right though, I don't think they can stay with STL for all four Quarters. It might be a good first half.

The comparisons will begin right after Millilani plays Liberty. I think STL D is better than Millilani's D.
@KindergartenCop: Oh yeah. I think Mililani's D is only above-average. It's just that, the way Mililani's O scores points, the D doesn't have to be any better than it is right now.

I think by the time the championship game comes around, not only will STL's D get better, but so will their offense. I don't see much improvement on the offense for Millilani. McKenzie is playing at the top of his abilities (by far the best QB in the OIA not State) and Malepeai will have difficulties running on STL's LB crew, Kalakaua will get his catches (when he shows up to play), but what else do they have? Even if their D gets better I don't think it will good enough to hold back STL's offense. STL will have the advantage as they will be playing against Millilani's "above average" Defense, but Millilani will have to keep up, while playing against STL's much stronger Defense, stronger than what they have been and will be playing.

Kahuku's D will slow Millilani's O down and if Kahuku's offense does the Ground and Pound and eat up the clock keeping Millilani's O off the field I smell a big W for Kahuku. We wont see that until the OIA championship game.
@KindergartenCop: OK, I agree that Tagovailoa is the best QB in the ILH, but I still have him behind Mililani's McKenzie. I think McKenzie can do everything Tagovailoa can do--pass and run--but I think he does both a little better. Malepeai is the best RB in the state, while St Louis has the best LBs in the state; interesting match-up. I think the critical ingredient is Mililani's O-line: How well can it block St Louis' LBs? I still see Mililani as being a little too much for both Kahuku and St Louis, even towards the end of the season.

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

The only way to decide who is the best QB in the state is in the last game of the season, if not the semi finals, depending on how they bracket the teams in the State Tournament. The first big test for Millilani will be the game against the Govs and after that Kahuku in the OIA play-off. I think then, we will see how a little resistance will affect Millilani's confidence.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

KindergartenCop wrote:The only way to decide who is the best QB in the state is in the last game of the season, if not the semi finals, depending on how they bracket the teams in the State Tournament. The first big test for Millilani will be the game against the Govs and after that Kahuku in the OIA play-off. I think then, we will see how a little resistance will affect Millilani's confidence.
@KindergartenCop: I'm beginning to wonder how good Farrington really is. I mean, they almost lost to Moanalua. That's not to say Moanalua is a pushover; no sir. In fact, I would rank Moanalua at #9 right now. But really, if Moanalua could almost beat Farrington, I don't think Farrington is as big a test as I thought before the Moanalua game. I mean, I think Farrington is still dangerous, but I'm starting to wonder about their D. I think the only team Mililani should really, really worry about for now is Kahuku.

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

KindergartenCop wrote:The only way to decide who is the best QB in the state is in the last game of the season, if not the semi finals, depending on how they bracket the teams in the State Tournament. The first big test for Millilani will be the game against the Govs and after that Kahuku in the OIA play-off. I think then, we will see how a little resistance will affect Millilani's confidence.
@KindergartenCop: I'm beginning to wonder how good Farrington really is. I mean, they almost lost to Moanalua. That's not to say Moanalua is a pushover; no sir. In fact, I would rank Moanalua at #9 right now. But really, if Moanalua could almost beat Farrington, I don't think Farrington is as big a test as I thought before the Moanalua game. I mean, I think Farrington is still dangerous, but I'm starting to wonder about their D. I think the only team Mililani should really, really worry about for now is Kahuku.
@HFF - Kapolei hung tough for the first half. It was a one score game at 2:00 something before the half. Millilani/Milton thrives on broken plays. That is when you see what separates him from the rest. Milton can make things happen when the original play goes south. This is where Millilani excels. Milton caries that team, he will extend the plays and if the defense is out of position he will score on them. I see him scoring more on broken plays than any other QB in the OIA. I think Tua dose it extreemly well to. The Govs match up better to Millilani. I just don't see any other team in millilani's way other than the Gov's. Kailua may have a shot but they don't score fast enough.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

KindergartenCop wrote:
@HFF - Kapolei hung tough for the first half. It was a one score game at 2:00 something before the half. Millilani/Milton thrives on broken plays. That is when you see what separates him from the rest. Milton can make things happen when the original play goes south. This is where Millilani excels. Milton caries that team, he will extend the plays and if the defense is out of position he will score on them. I see him scoring more on broken plays than any other QB in the OIA. I think Tua dose it extreemly well to. The Govs match up better to Millilani. I just don't see any other team in millilani's way other than the Gov's. Kailua may have a shot but they don't score fast enough.
@KindergartenCop: OK, Farrington is the biggest threat to Mililani during the regular-season schedule. But if Moanalua could score on them the way they did, could you imagine what Mililani could do? For one thing, Malepeai is a better RB than Moanalua's Feliciano. Farrington pretty-much contained Feliciano, but they aren't going to contain Malepeai. Also, Mililani's passing game is better than Moanalua's.
As for Kapolei, well, Mililani's D was shaky for a while. But once Mililani's O caught fire, that O was like a freight train.
As for Kailua, well, no. It's not just a matter of Kailua not scoring points fast enough; Kailua's D can't handle Mililani's O. I think Kailua has no realistic shot against Mililani.

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

Wish I was there to witness this game!!! Liberty ranked #2 in Nevada... Under Bishop Gorman. Very impressive win for St Louis!!

Congrats and Best of Luck this season!!!

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

Eastside Hooligan wrote:Wish I was there to witness this game!!! Liberty ranked #2 in Nevada... Under Bishop Gorman. Very impressive win for St Louis!!

Wow, really? Liberty sucks, Mililani will blow them out too! No wonder Bishop Gorman plays majority of their games out of state. Too bad St Louis didnt play them this year!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Just wondering how Luca Vartic did against Liberty?

#LouGang
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #LouGang »

Luca sat out the last game but has been practicing and should be good to go by ILH season

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

reignjah11 wrote:
Eastside Hooligan wrote:Wish I was there to witness this game!!! Liberty ranked #2 in Nevada... Under Bishop Gorman. Very impressive win for St Louis!!

Wow, really? Liberty sucks, Mililani will blow them out too! No wonder Bishop Gorman plays majority of their games out of state. Too bad St Louis didnt play them this year!
Yup. Honestly, being #2 in Nevada doesn't really mean much. Its kinda like being #2 in Hawaii back when the Crusaders were a dynasty. In most years, the drop off from 1 to 2 was significant. B G is light years ahead of any other team in Nevada.