St. Louis vs Liberty

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
95boyz
High-quality H20 provider

St. Louis vs Liberty

Post by 95boyz »

Anybody got a live stream for this game, please post link here if there is. Thank you!!!
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

KindergartenCop

Re: St. Louis vs Liberty

Post by KindergartenCop »

95boyz wrote:Anybody got a live stream for this game, please post link here if there is. Thank you!!!
STL's "D" is for real!!!!!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

KindergartenCop wrote:
95boyz wrote:Anybody got a live stream for this game, please post link here if there is. Thank you!!!
They'll need to be against the ILH D1 teams, including Iolani. But that's the challenge every ILH D1 team faces.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

KindergartenCop wrote:
I dont doubt the talent on the Crusaders squad, but like i mentioned before, other than BG, rest of Nevada football cant really match up with the top tier of Hawaii football.

KindergartenCop

gopunahou wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
They'll need to be against the ILH D1 teams, including Iolani. But that's the challenge every ILH D1 team faces.
Yeah. ILH is no walk in the park. All four team need to bring their A game every week, unlike the OIA. LIBERTY, I don't know if they were bad or was STL that good. I really think STL is lagit this year. I think they will come out to play and play to win, unlike last year when they were playing not to lose.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

rrforlifebaby wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
I dont doubt the talent on the Crusaders squad, but like i mentioned before, other than BG, rest of Nevada football cant really match up with the top tier of Hawaii football.
Liberty was shockingly bad on defense. It's hard to grade anything Saint Louis did on offense.

But Liberty wasn't so bad on offense, especially at the skill positions, and the Crusader defense was just too much. Saint Louis will have to prove themselves against Punahou (I don't think Kamehameha has the firepower to deal with Saint Louis) but those linebackers really are ridiculous. Isaac Slade-Matautia is probably the best defensive player in the state and Jordan Iosefa is so athletic that he's a big play waiting to happen. Dylan Toilolo and Noah Purcell are also very solid in the middle.

Tanielu Evaimalo is turning into an impact player on the line, Tristan Nichols is growing into his potential week to week and Sefo Noga at SS looks really solid. And we haven't figured out yet how Luca Vartic will contribute.

KindergartenCop

I saw Kamehameha scrimmage Millilani and they looked good on both sides of the ball, they hung with Millilani for most of the scrimmage. Your right though, I don't think they can stay with STL for all four Quarters. It might be a good first half.

The comparisons will begin right after Millilani plays Liberty. I think STL D is better than Millilani's D.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

KindergartenCop wrote:I saw Kamehameha scrimmage Millilani and they looked good on both sides of the ball, they hung with Millilani for most of the scrimmage. Your right though, I don't think they can stay with STL for all four Quarters. It might be a good first half.

The comparisons will begin right after Millilani plays Liberty. I think STL D is better than Millilani's D.
Mililani's D is the main reason why imho, for any national poll to have them ranked in the top 40 is a joke. The twin terrors in the Trioan backfield is Legit, but that D ??

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by saintlouisontop »

Idk what you guys stay watching. Matches make styles Saint Louis is by far the best all around team. Punahou week defensively Laa unreal linebacker but not enough. strong run game not really any elite receivers on offense. Kamehameha great d line but what else do they have ? nothing seriously nothing. Iolani welcome to d1 they maybe get 1 win. Saint louis runs through the Ilh this year with ease.

OIA the only team defensively that can stop Saint Louis is Kahuku with there above par Dbs and backers. Line is decent also. but then what do they do on offense nothing so saint louis beats Kahuku. Farmington please they barely beat moanalua. Mililani it comes down to matchup.

Millilani great offense vs great defense Millilni won't be able to score at will.

Saint louis offense vs Millilani Defense. Is this seriously a question who is playing defense for Millilani saint francis.

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

I came away pleasantly impressed with what I saw last night, some things of note:

-Tua may be the best dual-threat QB in the country in 2017. Incredible arm strength, accuracy, and ability to keep plays alive. He put on that necessary bulk this past offseason to be able to run and take hits.

-The defense as a whole looked really really good. I know everyone mentioned the LB core but again, absolutely beastly. Leaps and bounds improved from last season.

-WR core looks good! Seemed to be a storyline to watch during scrimmages was the no names at WR besides Kobayashi but they looked consistent. It appears Tua and Drew are still trying to get their timing down on the fly routes, Kobayashi was beating his guy every almost every play.

-I wasn't able to spot Luca Vartic on the sideline, not sure if he dressed last night. #1 right?

-Crusaders as a whole need to be more disciplined, they racked up a bunch of penalties. Tua and RB Jahred Silofau both had touchdowns called back on penalties on the same drive...

-They somehow someway need to get Jayce Smalley on the field more. He was one of the better young players last year. Hard with Iosefa and Slade-Matautia both locking down the OLB spots. Maybe in nickel packages if we see it, they seem confident in running the 3-4 with Slade-Matautia playing a rover position in space against 3 receiver sets.

-Special teams needs to improve, especially the kickoff coverage team. Liberty was able to get to mid-field pretty consistently.

KindergartenCop

rednblue wrote:I came away pleasantly impressed with what I saw last night, some things of note:

-Tua may be the best dual-threat QB in the country in 2017. Incredible arm strength, accuracy, and ability to keep plays alive. He put on that necessary bulk this past offseason to be able to run and take hits.

-The defense as a whole looked really really good. I know everyone mentioned the LB core but again, absolutely beastly. Leaps and bounds improved from last season.

-WR core looks good! Seemed to be a storyline to watch during scrimmages was the no names at WR besides Kobayashi but they looked consistent. It appears Tua and Drew are still trying to get their timing down on the fly routes, Kobayashi was beating his guy every almost every play.

-I wasn't able to spot Luca Vartic on the sideline, not sure if he dressed last night. #1 right?

-Crusaders as a whole need to be more disciplined, they racked up a bunch of penalties. Tua and RB Jahred Silofau both had touchdowns called back on penalties on the same drive...

-They somehow someway need to get Jayce Smalley on the field more. He was one of the better young players last year. Hard with Iosefa and Slade-Matautia both locking down the OLB spots. Maybe in nickel packages if we see it, they seem confident in running the 3-4 with Slade-Matautia playing a rover position in space against 3 receiver sets.

-Special teams needs to improve, especially the kickoff coverage team. Liberty was able to get to mid-field pretty consistently.

No doubt Saints have a much improved overall team. The slots are catching and turning it up field for more yards. Your right on the Tua and Drew connection, but by the Kamehameha game they should be spot on and connecting on those go routs. I really have high expectations for this team. They should win the ILH (wont be easy) and make it to the championship game. I think playing the ILH season will prepare them for the state tournament better than Millilani or Kahuku breezing through the OIA this year. Mililani was worried in the first half of last nights game. I think Kapolei put on a good fight but just didn't have enough to stay with Millilani the whole game.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:
@gopunahou: In the Liberty game, I think St Louis showed everyone that only Punahou can stand in their way of the ILH title. Not Iolani, not even Kamehameha. Actually, I think Kamehameha's D is just as good as St Louis', but Kamehameha can't run.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

KindergartenCop wrote:I saw Kamehameha scrimmage Millilani and they looked good on both sides of the ball, they hung with Millilani for most of the scrimmage. Your right though, I don't think they can stay with STL for all four Quarters. It might be a good first half.

@KindergartenCop: Oh yeah. I think Mililani's D is only above-average. It's just that, the way Mililani's O scores points, the D doesn't have to be any better than it is right now.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

saintlouisontop wrote:Idk what you guys stay watching. Matches make styles Saint Louis is by far the best all around team. Punahou week defensively Laa unreal linebacker but not enough. strong run game not really any elite receivers on offense. Kamehameha great d line but what else do they have ? nothing seriously nothing. Iolani welcome to d1 they maybe get 1 win. Saint louis runs through the Ilh this year with ease.

OIA the only team defensively that can stop Saint Louis is Kahuku with there above par Dbs and backers. Line is decent also. but then what do they do on offense nothing so saint louis beats Kahuku. Farmington please they barely beat moanalua. Mililani it comes down to matchup.

Millilani great offense vs great defense Millilni won't be able to score at will.

Saint louis offense vs Millilani Defense. Is this seriously a question who is playing defense for Millilani saint francis.
@saintlouisontop: I'd be more than happy to see St Louis take the ILH. (And no, I'm not a St Louis alumnus). I think Punahou is St Louis' biggest threat in the ILH, and I also agree that Punahou's D isn't as good as it was last year. As for Kamehameha, well, they can pass, but not much else on O. I also think they have the best D-line in the ILH, which might slow St Louis' O down a little. Iolani? No. I don't see them winning any games in ILH D1.
However, I don't see St Louis beating Mililani. Mililani simply has too much O. St Louis' D will be able to slow them down, but not stop them. I see St Louis losing to Mililani in the state title game in a high-scoring affair, maybe something like 42-35? I mean, it might be close like that, but I think Mililani simply has too much O to lose to anyone in States.

KindergartenCop

HS Football Fanatic wrote:

@KindergartenCop: Oh yeah. I think Mililani's D is only above-average. It's just that, the way Mililani's O scores points, the D doesn't have to be any better than it is right now.

I think by the time the championship game comes around, not only will STL's D get better, but so will their offense. I don't see much improvement on the offense for Millilani. McKenzie is playing at the top of his abilities (by far the best QB in the OIA not State) and Malepeai will have difficulties running on STL's LB crew, Kalakaua will get his catches (when he shows up to play), but what else do they have? Even if their D gets better I don't think it will good enough to hold back STL's offense. STL will have the advantage as they will be playing against Millilani's "above average" Defense, but Millilani will have to keep up, while playing against STL's much stronger Defense, stronger than what they have been and will be playing.

Kahuku's D will slow Millilani's O down and if Kahuku's offense does the Ground and Pound and eat up the clock keeping Millilani's O off the field I smell a big W for Kahuku. We wont see that until the OIA championship game.