Kailua Is Possibly Overrated

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kailua Is Possibly Overrated

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

Title says all.

Kailua won their first game of the season at home against Castle 34-24. Nobody cared. This victory against Castle only look great on paper after Castle won against Campbell the next week 33-32. Well, the Castle win over Campbell doesn't mean anything either. Campbell is to an 0-3 start and the Sabers defense gave up 132 points in their first three games. Campbell's rich football history is what is making them still relevant , which they are not.

Kailua then received praise and top ten votes after winning against a rebuilding Leilehua team who has been out scored 72-21 by their appointments the past two games. This is another win that looks good on paper but isn't a big deal at all. People are still keeping Leilehua relevant as well because of their rich football history, just like what people are doing with Campbell. There is proof: Politclyincrekt has Leilehua ranked 15 on the Politclyincrekt's 2015 Football Rankings & Predictions, the Mules should be a lot lower.

This previous week Kailua won against Kapolei, another overrated team. Don't get me started on the Hurricanes...

Kailua plays at Aiea next. I expect a very close game. Aiea has home field advantage and they are hungry after their loss to Moanalua last week. I wouldn't be surprised if Aiea wins, Kailua is coming in probably thinking they can run over the Na Ali'i but Kailua has yet to win a game against Aiea the past three meetings.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Kailua Is Possibly Overrated

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

IFeelThat¿ wrote:Title says all.

Kailua won their first game of the season at home against Castle 34-24. Nobody cared. This victory against Castle only look great on paper after Castle won against Campbell the next week 33-32. Well, the Castle win over Campbell doesn't mean anything either. Campbell is to an 0-3 start and the Sabers defense gave up 132 points in their first three games. Campbell's rich football history is what is making them still relevant , which they are not.

Kailua then received praise and top ten votes after winning against a rebuilding Leilehua team who has been out scored 72-21 by their appointments the past two games. This is another win that looks good on paper but isn't a big deal at all. People are still keeping Leilehua relevant as well because of their rich football history, just like what people are doing with Campbell. There is proof: Politclyincrekt has Leilehua ranked 15 on the Politclyincrekt's 2015 Football Rankings & Predictions, the Mules should be a lot lower.

This previous week Kailua won against Kapolei, another overrated team. Don't get me started on the Hurricanes...

Kailua plays at Aiea next. I expect a very close game. Aiea has home field advantage and they are hungry after their loss to Moanalua last week. I wouldn't be surprised if Aiea wins, Kailua is coming in probably thinking they can run over the Na Ali'i but Kailua has yet to win a game against Aiea the past three meetings.
@IFeelThat: You make some good points. Guys really shouldn't give a school's football "history" or "tradition" much credence. After all, history and tradition don't suit-up and play. Having said that, I'm not so sure that Aiea really has as much of a chance against Kailua as you might think. The only reason Aiea played Moanalua relatively close is that Moanalua lost the ball some three times, and Aiea turned each of those turnovers into scores, I believe. And, you don't want to get caught-up in that same "history" trap yourself: It doesn't really matter how many times Kailua beat Aiea in the past. It's: Can Kailua beat Aiea this year? I certainly think they can.

IFeelThat¿
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Kailua Is Possibly Overrated

Post by IFeelThat¿ »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
IFeelThat¿ wrote:Title says all.

@IFeelThat: You make some good points. Guys really shouldn't give a school's football "history" or "tradition" much credence. After all, history and tradition don't suit-up and play. Having said that, I'm not so sure that Aiea really has as much of a chance against Kailua as you might think. The only reason Aiea played Moanalua relatively close is that Moanalua lost the ball some three times, and Aiea turned each of those turnovers into scores, I believe. And, you don't want to get caught-up in that same "history" trap yourself: It doesn't really matter how many times Kailua beat Aiea in the past. It's: Can Kailua beat Aiea this year? I certainly think they can.
You got me on the history trap but that doesn't take away from my previous statement, Aiea is hungry after their loss to Moanalua. We have already saw Aiea win as underdogs when they played Kaiser, that's why I am saying I wouldn't be surprised if Aiea can win against Kailua.