Iolani belongs in D1. Period.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
WhoAmI?
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Iolani belongs in D1. Period.

Post by WhoAmI? »

And as for Infidel/Auffrey78/Big Dog/STL79, you know why he's obsessed with Punahou and hates them so much? His son went there in 9th grade and tried out for the wrestling team. But he wrestled a coach--as an initiation ritual--who proceeded to kick his okole. He left Punahou and got that wrestling coach fired. His dad thinks every Punahou person is like the wrestling coach, even though Punahou fired him. My advice for him is to stop letting his bitterness and animosity toward Punahou rub off on everybody. Don't expect everybody to hate Punahou and share your opinion of them!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I think most people agree with the sentiment that Iolani is not in the same tier as Pun, KSK, and STL. But most of these people are smart enough to know that Iolani also ain't in the same tier as Damien, Pac-Five, and St. Francis. If the OIA and ILH were to merge, wouldn't it be stupid and preposterous to put Iolani in the same division as Pac-Five, Damien, St. Francis, Waialua, Kalani, and Anuenue? In truth, they are a second-tier team and would belong with the likes of Castle, Kailua, Aiea, McKinley, Waipahu, Pearl City, and Radford. If you don't think Iolani belongs with ANY of those teams in an all-Oahu conference (and really belongs with Pac-Five, Damien, St. Francis, Waialua, Kalani, and Anuenue), put the crackpipe down. Just search for the posts that I've made proposing a schedule just for Iolani, because I don't wish to beat a dead horse.

I felt the need to comment on this since this should be the only place people should comment on Iolani and where they belong.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

mikathedog
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mikathedog »

Hey gopunahou ... doesn't matter what you think ... Iolani will be heading back to D2 with their 0-6 ILH DI record and their will hopefully will again be D2 contenders. They only field like 40+ kids plus a girl. They will lose a lot of size to graduation this year. Intermediate looks small. My guess is the level of talent will decrease next year. They got a handful of big kids and a few studs but that about it. Half the big kids are soft and look soft when the helmet and pads come off. Good for Iolani and good for the ILH. It would be nice if the ILH could sent their DI runner up to the D2 championship but I'd rather have a team like Iolani a top notch D2 team take it rather than a team from another league. But the whole D2 should be thrown away, it's like if you are a true D1 ... who cares. In my mind it's like whoopee deal ... Iolani D2 champion ... go brag about it but you are not even ranked in the top 10 in the state or over rated and over ranked. Iolani football players can go wear their D2 championship t-shirts at school and at home. They'd be the laughing stock if they wore it at a DI football game or to the Punahou carnival. Hey ... St. Louis was boasting that they were Math Team champions a few years back when they had 1 super smart math student but then I found out they were champions of the lower division which they failed to mention. Dump D2 then no complaints.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

mikathedog wrote:Hey gopunahou ... doesn't matter what you think ... Iolani will be heading back to D2 with their 0-6 ILH DI record and their will hopefully will again be D2 contenders. They only field like 40+ kids plus a girl. They will lose a lot of size to graduation this year. Intermediate looks small. My guess is the level of talent will decrease next year. They got a handful of big kids and a few studs but that about it. Half the big kids are soft and look soft when the helmet and pads come off. Good for Iolani and good for the ILH. It would be nice if the ILH could sent their DI runner up to the D2 championship but I'd rather have a team like Iolani a top notch D2 team take it rather than a team from another league. But the whole D2 should be thrown away, it's like if you are a true D1 ... who cares. In my mind it's like whoopee deal ... Iolani D2 champion ... go brag about it but you are not even ranked in the top 10 in the state or over rated and over ranked. Iolani football players can go wear their D2 championship t-shirts at school and at home. They'd be the laughing stock if they wore it at a DI football game or to the Punahou carnival. Hey ... St. Louis was boasting that they were Math Team champions a few years back when they had 1 super smart math student but then I found out they were champions of the lower division which they failed to mention. Dump D2 then no complaints.
I doubt that the players would wanna stop playing the Big 3.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HaterOfElitists
High-quality H20 provider

Post by HaterOfElitists »

mikathedog wrote:Hey gopunahou ... doesn't matter what you think ... Iolani will be heading back to D2 with their 0-6 ILH DI record and their will hopefully will again be D2 contenders. They only field like 40+ kids plus a girl. They will lose a lot of size to graduation this year. Intermediate looks small. My guess is the level of talent will decrease next year. They got a handful of big kids and a few studs but that about it. Half the big kids are soft and look soft when the helmet and pads come off. Good for Iolani and good for the ILH. It would be nice if the ILH could sent their DI runner up to the D2 championship but I'd rather have a team like Iolani a top notch D2 team take it rather than a team from another league. But the whole D2 should be thrown away, it's like if you are a true D1 ... who cares. In my mind it's like whoopee deal ... Iolani D2 champion ... go brag about it but you are not even ranked in the top 10 in the state or over rated and over ranked. Iolani football players can go wear their D2 championship t-shirts at school and at home. They'd be the laughing stock if they wore it at a DI football game or to the Punahou carnival. Hey ... St. Louis was boasting that they were Math Team champions a few years back when they had 1 super smart math student but then I found out they were champions of the lower division which they failed to mention. Dump D2 then no complaints.
mikathedog, are you an Iolani parent?

HaterOfElitists

Iolani just wants to play at D2 so they can dish it but not take it. That's Coach Look for ya! Guess what? Blowouts will ALWAYS happen. Utah smashed Oregon 62-20 over the weekend. Punahou clobbered St. Louis 55-7 last year. St. Louis clobbered Punahou when Mariota played. Iolani WILL NOT lose every game by 30+ points like some think they will.

HaterOfElitists

To all of the people that want Iolani back in D2--Punahou's "blowout" win really helped your case! NOT!

And don't make excuses that Punahou did all they could to give Iolani the game. Iolani proved today that D1 is where they belong! How many times has Iolani come within 15 points? Two! What happened to everybody that insisted Iolani would lose every game to the big 3 by 40 points or more?

Iolani is a D1 team period!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HaterOfElitists wrote:To all of the people that want Iolani back in D2--Punahou's "blowout" win really helped your case! NOT!

And don't make excuses that Punahou did all they could to give Iolani the game. Iolani proved today that D1 is where they belong! How many times has Iolani come within 15 points? Two! What happened to everybody that insisted Iolani would lose every game to the big 3 by 40 points or more?

Iolani is a D1 team period!
There are three tiers of teams on the ILH.

The Big 3, Iolani, and the Little 3. Only an idiot devoid of football knowledge would insist that Iolani is in the same tier as the "Little 3".

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Why do you nerds foam like rabid pencil pushing little boys when commenting about Iolani. What a wasted negative post.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I think the fact that Iolani has come within 15 points twice against the Big 3 shows that they ought to play at D1 at least one more year. I don't think they lose a lot of players either. Ain't nothing stopping them from scheduling D2 teams in the preseason either if they wish avoid "bigger teams".

HaterOfElitists

U know what I've noticed? Fewer people are complaining about Iolani than they were in the past! That outta tell ya something! That Iolani belongs in D1!

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

Started talking to several parents at Iolani who said that Iolani's Head AD Schorers was the sole person who instigated the push to D1 in 2014. The head AD has now since retired and Look has taken his place. The coach has already shared his strong desire to return to D2 with staff and the school's admin. Just a heads up......don't be surprise if he petitions to return next year. Look continually blamed kids by saying they weren't enough players to win this year instead of trying to step up and coach the team at the D1 level. haterofelitists..as I said before, there is only person who benefits from Iolani staying in D2. Its better for his image. But we've more than beaten this dead horse ten times over. I liked that Iolani went up and I think with the right coach they can be competitive but this is probably the last entry for this topic. Going to go back to reading the threads lol Alojahz.

HaterOfElitists

If Look gave the players the option they'd go back just like that. Iolani came within 15 points three times against the Big 3 and didn't suffer horrific injuries. That ought to tell you something.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Dog 96707 wrote:Iolani has the best coaching staff in the state. They don't have too many D-1 athletes on their team but they're coached well and their scheme fits their players.
@Dog 96707: OK, I don't know about that. I think St Louis' coaching staff is just as good as Iolani's, particularly when you consider head coach Lee; the guy's a legend. And isn't Passas--the QB coach--still there? I mean, Cal Lee and Vince Passas: Both of those guys are legends.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HaterOfElitists

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Dog 96707 wrote:Iolani has the best coaching staff in the state. They don't have too many D-1 athletes on their team but they're coached well and their scheme fits their players.
@Dog 96707: OK, I don't know about that. I think St Louis' coaching staff is just as good as Iolani's,particularly when you consider head coach Lee; the guy's a legend. And isn't Passas--the QB coach--still there? I mean, Cal Lee and Vince Passas: Both of those guys are legends.
I wonder if you think St. Louis could beat De La Salle if there was a rematch. I also wonder if you think all of the coaches on STL are better than Ladouceur.

You seem to think St. Louis can do no wrong. Even hardcore St. Louis FANS like saynotomercs and rednblue are rational enough to know that they are infallible. gopunahou loves his team but hasn't come across as sounding like his team is infallible and can do no wrong. I could say the same about Kahuku supporters who know their teams got flaws.

Face it, St. Louis is not head and shoulders above the whole state. If they DO win the ILH, they might not even make it to the state title game.