"Head Scratching" Teams so far in the Pre-Season

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
WITblitztrend
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

"Head Scratching" Teams so far in the Pre-Season

Post by WITblitztrend »

Here is my list of the 3 teams so far that has left "head scratching" questions heading into the league play:

DEFENSIVE LIABILITIES:

Leilehua:
Ussually fielding a scrappy defensive unit every year no matter the personnel, they have struggled so far vs. Punahou and Kailua to
play good enough defense to compete against top teams. Trust must go into the seasoned coaching staff @Leilehua, one must wonder if
their defensive woes will hinder them from continuing their somewhat expected success no matter what type of personnel they field year in , year out...

Campbell:
The amount of points given up the first two games vs. Kahuku and Castle has to be worrisome. Can coach Amosa's offense score enough points to win
shootouts they will be involved in vs. a tough OIA Blue slate. It doesn't get easier this week vs. Mililani. Campbell could be on pace to surrender a staggering 125 points defensively in their first three games of the 2015 season...

Kaiser:
In the same boat as Campbell, they must rely on their offense to put up points in expected shootouts vs. OIA Red foes. Can their defense defend against the the power running teams offenses of Waianae and Kahuku...? Their move to the upper tier of the OIA Red may be in jeopardy for the 2015 season...

Who you guys got as the "HeadScratchers" of the Pre-Season thus far?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: "Head Scratching" Teams so far in the Pre-Season

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

WITblitztrend wrote:Here is my list of the 3 teams so far that has left "head scratching" questions heading into the league play:

DEFENSIVE LIABILITIES:

Leilehua:
Ussually fielding a scrappy defensive unit every year no matter the personnel, they have struggled so far vs. Punahou and Kailua to
play good enough defense to compete against top teams. Trust must go into the seasoned coaching staff @Leilehua, one must wonder if
their defensive woes will hinder them from continuing their somewhat expected success no matter what type of personnel they field year in , year out...

Campbell:
The amount of points given up the first two games vs. Kahuku and Castle has to be worrisome. Can coach Amosa's offense score enough points to win
shootouts they will be involved in vs. a tough OIA Blue slate. It doesn't get easier this week vs. Mililani. Campbell could be on pace to surrender a staggering 125 points defensively in their first three games of the 2015 season...

Kaiser:
In the same boat as Campbell, they must rely on their offense to put up points in expected shootouts vs. OIA Red foes. Can their defense defend against the the power running teams offenses of Waianae and Kahuku...? Their move to the upper tier of the OIA Red may be in jeopardy for the 2015 season...

Who you guys got as the "HeadScratchers" of the Pre-Season thus far?
@WITblitztrend: Certainly both Leilehua and Campbell have been disappointments thus far. I think both teams are going downhill, and it's still early in the season. Leilehua obviously just doesn't have the D this year; I wonder if they'll even make it to States. As for Campbell, I almost feel sorry for them. They were ranked #7 in the first poll, and they get murdered 50-0 by #4 Kahuku. In response, guys were saying, "Overrated." Then Campbell suffers a heartbreaking one-point loss to Castle. There's simply no way Campbell should have lost that game; it was a "perfect storm" of screw-ups on their part. Campbell is now 0-2; I think they've suffered a body-blow. I think the Castle game must have taken a lot out of Campbell, psychologically and emotionally.

I think Kaiser was in over its head from the very beginning. When they appeared at #8 in the first poll, I thought, "No way." For one, they lost their outstanding QB, Uahinui, to Farrington. Second, they have lots of guys going both ways. How would Kaiser expect to keep-up with deep, strong teams like Mililani and Kahuku? Kaiser seems to have a pretty good O nonetheless, but I think they have too many players going both ways.