Suprise Teams in Preseason Thus Far

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
WITblitztrend
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Suprise Teams in Preseason Thus Far

Post by WITblitztrend »

Suprise Squads:

THE REFOCUS TO THE RUN GAME PHILOSOPHY:

Kailua:
So far, displaying a balanced attack on offense That has been productive enough to allow their defense to close out games...Win vs. Leilehua solidified a renewed culture of competitiveness for the Kailua program...With their offensive running philosophy, they have a good shot to win games against the OIA blue pass heavy teams...

Waianae:
With a return to a more gritty approach to executing the wing-t and power I offensive sets, Waianae is also poised to compete in the same way as Kailua in the OIA Red...Teams should fear a power running team being able to score 43 points against a no huddle, high octane team like Moanalua...which leads me to-

HIGH OCTANE, FUN AND GUN:

Moanalua:
They style of play is in the year 2 phase of the program, where players will shape the true identity of a program. The player friendly, uptempo offense Coach Cauley runs has Moanalua playing fast, and having fun...If they can outscore opponents by scoring 35-48 points per game, they should elevate to the upper echelon of OIA Blue division.

Who does everyone else got as suprise sleeper teams based on the first two weeks of High School Football?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Suprise Teams in Preseason Thus Far

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

WITblitztrend wrote:Suprise Squads:

THE REFOCUS TO THE RUN GAME PHILOSOPHY:

Kailua:
So far, displaying a balanced attack on offense That has been productive enough to allow their defense to close out games...Win vs. Leilehua solidified a renewed culture of competitiveness for the Kailua program...With their offensive running philosophy, they have a good shot to win games against the OIA blue pass heavy teams...

Waianae:
With a return to a more gritty approach to executing the wing-t and power I offensive sets, Waianae is also poised to compete in the same way as Kailua in the OIA Red...Teams should fear a power running team being able to score 43 points against a no huddle, high octane team like Moanalua...which leads me to-

HIGH OCTANE, FUN AND GUN:

Moanalua:
They style of play is in the year 2 phase of the program, where players will shape the true identity of a program. The player friendly, uptempo offense Coach Cauley runs has Moanalua playing fast, and having fun...If they can outscore opponents by scoring 35-48 points per game, they should elevate to the upper echelon of OIA Blue division.

Who does everyone else got as suprise sleeper teams based on the first two weeks of High School Football?
@WITblitztrend:

Without a doubt, the surprise team to me is Kailua. They had been suffering losses and blowouts the past two years, and all of a sudden they come out this year like gangbusters. The Star-Advertiser has also noticed, and has ranked them at #10 this week. When Kailua had beaten Castle, well, I wasn't too sure how good Castle was; certainly not ranked. But when they beat Leilehua, I kind of stood-up and took notice.

I see Waianae as something of a disappointment, actually. Didn't Iolani beat them rather convincingly in a scrimmage? Then Kamehameha blitzed them. Waianae was able to beat Moanalua, but they needed a last-second TD in overtime to do it, and yielded a ton of points in the process. Really, Waianae's D doesn't seem to be living-up to the defense that Waianae has been known for during its storied past. They yielded lots of points to all three teams they've played so far.

Moanalua had a high-octane O last year, too, but Moanalua's Achilles' heel has always been D. They've simply never had the kind of D that other teams like Kahuku, St Louis, and Punahou have had. When Moanalua plays tough teams, they're going to have to win by outscoring them in wild shootouts where each team scores 35 points or more (like when they played Waianae). It's as though Moanalua's O will have to frantically score enough points to keep ahead of the points the D is surrendering.