unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Kaneohe boy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by Kaneohe boy »

Getreal$ wrote:
gopunahou wrote:In all honesty, Getreal, I know you love your BIIF teams, but do you really think Hilo or Kealakehe would be head and shoulders above Radford? I think if they were to play in the D2 tournament they'd be like Radford or Kapaa this year.
Correct me if i"m wrong but wasn't I responding to a post that said all BIIF teams should play DII? The post didn't say this year, it said play DII. To answer your question, If Hilo was to play DII, yes, they would be better than Radford the past three years and I would favor them over Radford this year if they played DII. I love football in general and I'm not stupid when it comes to OIA, ILH and the neighbor Island talent pool. I do however, think you LOVE the ILH and don't believe anyone else besides the top two OIA teams are worthy of even being mentioned. So lets just say this, you are always right and i'm wrong and forgive me for even mentioning or defending the BIIF. The BIIF 8 teams and the 20% state population base that is spread out over 4023 sq miles cannot compete with a district-less ILH that can pull talent from across the state to make one team...that my friend is the truth. Truth be told, but we don't cry we just ask to compete and be given a chance.
Please tell me what OIA team besides Mililani and Punahou would beat either Saint Louis or Punahou poop even Kamehameha. Even that Kahuku will run 100 times a game, SLS, PUN and KAM all had great front 7s. All you people who think Mililani is head and shoulders over every one watch the games what comptition have they had all year they played Kahuku. I think it would have been way different if you threw in Punahou vs Waianae for that last spot. This week would most likely have been SLS vs Mililani and PUN vs Kahuku wouldn't that be exciting ?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

St. Louis won the ILH and is representing the ILH. The best ILH team is in the "State" tournament. If what I'm reading is even remotely close to being true, Kahuku, Waianae and Mililani doesn't stand a chance. Lets wait and see how that plays out. I was actually an ILH fan until I started reading some of this "we are better than you" crap. Be humble and represent your schools with class. The best team will win, like Mililani (OIA) did last year.

And to you Read Option-How many OIA DI teams fit that billing too, numbers don't lie? Should they all go down to DII?

HaterOfElitists
High-quality H20 provider

Post by HaterOfElitists »

Markeke wrote:This discussion will be moot as St.Louis WILL WIN tomorrow's game and it will be another OIA VS.ILH final.
You make it sound like its a done deal that STL will beat Mililani, which it ain't. Even some hardcore fans of STL think Mililanis got the edge in some areas. An all-OIA final almost happened last year, and remember, many thought Kahuku had less of a chance of beating Punahou in the semis last year than Mililani does of beating STL.

Dog 96707

Post by Dog 96707 »

HaterOfElitists wrote:
Markeke wrote:This discussion will be moot as St.Louis WILL WIN tomorrow's game and it will be another OIA VS.ILH final.
You make it sound like its a done deal that STL will beat Mililani, which it ain't. Even some hardcore fans of STL think Mililanis got the edge in some areas. An all-OIA final almost happened last year, and remember, many thought Kahuku had less of a chance of beating Punahou in the semis last year than Mililani does of beating STL.

An all-OIA final is very possible this year. It's bound to happen sooner or later, the OIA has 3 spots in the 6 team tournament. and the way the HHSAA sets the brackets every year( having the OIA 2 v. ILH 1 in the semis) it's got to happen soon. I thought it was going to happen last year, but this year looks pretty damn good. mil, kahuku and stl are all pretty even. and if it doesn't happen this year , so be it. i'd also love to see a good old school kahuku v. stl match up. gonna be fireworks tonight, I can't wait.

HaterOfElitists

Dog 96707 wrote:
HaterOfElitists wrote:

An all-OIA final is very possible this year. It's bound to happen sooner or later, the OIA has 3 spots in the 6 team tournament. and the way the HHSAA sets the brackets every year( having the OIA 2 v. ILH 1 in the semis) it's got to happen soon. I thought it was going to happen last year, but this year looks pretty damn good. mil, kahuku and stl are all pretty even. and if it doesn't happen this year , so be it. i'd also love to see a good old school kahuku v. stl match up. gonna be fireworks tonight, I can't wait.
It almost happened last year, but IIRC, many picked Punahou to clobber Kahuku.

HaterOfElitists

And Getreal$, you sound like you are taking everything personal here. What gives?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

HaterOfElitists wrote:And Getreal$, you sound like you are taking everything personal here. What gives?
Personal? No not at all... unlike some of these personal attacks and defending one team at all costs, that I do recall maybe you have done, I am speaking to those who say the NI teams are crap and shouldn't be a part of the DI "State" tournament. Just standing up for the little guy who keeps getting kicked. And please look back on my previous posts, I defended Konawaena, KSH, Hilo, Baldwin, Lahainaluna.....I don't defend one team like some do. I cheered on Mililani last year and Punahou the year before, and I've liked Kahuku and Waianae's style of play for many years, how can I take this personal? Seems like you may be taking my comments personal? This year I'm excited for all the teams and will enjoy the games tonight and tomorrow and may the best teams win.

Kaneohe boy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Kaneohe boy »

Boy does it feel good. All you people who said Mililani was all tis and that when Ive been trying to tell you from the start. Who do they play no one any one can look good but when it really mattered what happened ?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

HaterOfElitists wrote:Markeke, St. Louis by 28 points or more? Don't you think that's a stretch? With all of the seniors Mililani's got, don't you think they'll fight like hell to end their careers on a high note?
Dam I should have stuck to my +28 pts. for StL. Why do I listen to static?

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

OK....Who will pony up for Milton's college education? York? Mililani Band wagon Fan base?

York almost ruined Vavae, when he went down. He should have never come back in. It could have been disastrous. the game was already out of hand and he was still in the game, doing I don't know what. Oh Yeah, breaking the record. He had it long before the injury.

York, shame on YOU !!!!

newguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by newguy »

St. Louis dominated in every aspect of the gane Offense, Defense and Special Teams....

Crusaders!!!

Everybody Picked Mililani Scoring Live, Hawaii Prep World...Haha keep picking against um guys first they pick Punahou then they picked Mililani. ..please pick Kahuku...Scoringlive Da Five is the curse..hahaha...

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

That was an impressive performance by St.Louis. Crusaders were already up 28-14 when Milton left the game.Would the result have been different had he been able to stay in the whole game?I don'T think so. He seemed to be inconsistent on his passing which was not the case in previous games.

Kahuku won ugly again. The championship game will be a classic in the making. Crusader O better than Mililani,Kahuku D better than any team in Hawaii.This is going to be good.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 15,

1.Kahuku 12-0 defeat Waianae.No.2 St.Louis for the championship.
2.St.Louis 9-1 defeat Mililani. No.1 Kahuku for the championship.
3.Punahou 8-2
4.Mililani 10-3 drop one spot with the loss to St.Louis.Season over.
5.Kamehameha 5-4
6.Waianae 9-4 drop one spot with the loss to Kahuku.SO
7.Farrington 7-4
8.Kapolei 6-4
9.Kailua 7-3
10.Hilo 7-5

Looks like another irresistable force vs immovable object contest. Isn't physics a blast?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Must say that the targeting against Tufaga was warranted. Too bad he out of the Big game.

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

The ejection was not warranted.