unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by unpaid »

gridiron22,

Actually, high school,college ,and professional football is not getting more wussified as you put it.With the increased emphasis on hitting opponents as opposed to actually tackling and wrapping them up,there is now increased injuries and the result of increasing calls for implementation of concussion protocalls.

I remember being taught to wrap up and bring down opponents. Even back then ,though guys would still try to just hit you ,but ,if you had good balance you could keep going. Kids now just don't seem to get it.

Football was in danger of being banned back in the 1920's because of the number of player deaths that were happening. Colleges and pro teams made some corrections and added protective gear....do you really want to go back to the days when there was no real padding or protection and watch your kid,brother ,dad ..yeah even sister ,these days get laid out for good as long as they aren'T playing so-called wussified football....I think you would rather see them play,have fun,and not die or have a life changing injury.

But ,if you all want to see that big hit every once in a while...well,someone is going to pay for it ...hope it isn'T your family.

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

KindergartenCop wrote:
leadership wrote:Can someone explain to me why Tua doesn't need to play with a mouthpiece? I thought it was required, am I wrong?
REALY......
Take his name out and my question is the same. I just happened to see him and noticed it. My question is for my own knowledge and nothing more, I could care less about the outcome of the Mililani game. Equipment warnings are given from time to time so wanted to know the rules.

KindergartenCop
High-quality H20 provider

Post by KindergartenCop »

He must have fitted ones that are done with a cast molding of his mouth made by a dentis. I had one made for me back in the mid eighties. But yes all participant must have a mouth guard on before every snap but may take them out between plays.

Sorry miss read your post,

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

Thanks, I would have asked the same question if I saw Milton without one.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

gridiron22 wrote:
Getreal$ wrote:
HaterOfElitists wrote:And Getreal$, you sound like you are taking everything personal here. What gives?
Personal? No not at all... unlike some of these personal attacks and defending one team at all costs, that I do recall maybe you have done, I am speaking to those who say the NI teams are crap and shouldn't be a part of the DI "State" tournament. Just standing up for the little guy who keeps getting kicked. And please look back on my previous posts, I defended Konawaena, KSH, Hilo, Baldwin, Lahainaluna.....I don't defend one team like some do. I cheered on Mililani last year and Punahou the year before, and I've liked Kahuku and Waianae's style of play for many years, how can I take this personal? Seems like you may be taking my comments personal? This year I'm excited for all the teams and will enjoy the games tonight and tomorrow and may the best teams win.
Getreal$ you and all the Big Island folks can now claim stake in the D1 title game, thanks to Cal Lee all neighbor islands are now representing in a Crusader uniform.
@gridiron22 - Yes, but I would go one step further and say we ALL can claim stake since top athletes are represented from around Oahu as well...hard to beat a team with the best talent pool from around the state and coached by some of the best. But if anyone can do it, it will be Kahuku and their strong D. Will be worth the PPV.

HaterOfElitists

Post by HaterOfElitists »

Getreal$ wrote:
gridiron22 wrote:
Getreal$ wrote:
Personal? No not at all... unlike some of these personal attacks and defending one team at all costs, that I do recall maybe you have done, I am speaking to those who say the NI teams are crap and shouldn't be a part of the DI "State" tournament. Just standing up for the little guy who keeps getting kicked. And please look back on my previous posts, I defended Konawaena, KSH, Hilo, Baldwin, Lahainaluna.....I don't defend one team like some do. I cheered on Mililani last year and Punahou the year before, and I've liked Kahuku and Waianae's style of play for many years, how can I take this personal? Seems like you may be taking my comments personal? This year I'm excited for all the teams and will enjoy the games tonight and tomorrow and may the best teams win.
Getreal$ you and all the Big Island folks can now claim stake in the D1 title game, thanks to Cal Lee all neighbor islands are now representing in a Crusader uniform.
@gridiron22 - Yes, but I would go one step further and say we ALL can claim stake since top athletes are represented from around Oahu as well...hard to beat a team with the best talent pool from around the state and coached by some of the best. But if anyone can do it, it will be Kahuku and their strong D. Will be worth the PPV.
Getreal$, since you think every island should be represented, does that mean Kauai should have a team in the D1 tourney?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

@HaterOfElitists- What are you even talking about?? You need to get a grip or take a class in reading comprehension. Kauai can play whatever division they want, they choose DII and that fine with me. Could they compete in DI? Of course they could, but they don't! St. Louis has at least two starters from Kauai, and from what I saw, can compete really well at the DI level. Why do you constantly try to find conflict or stir up conflict? Stick to your hatred of Iolani and leave everyone else alone.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Day before gameday,

Picking Kahuku over St.Louis 20-14.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Getreal$ wrote:@HaterOfElitists- What are you even talking about?? You need to get a grip or take a class in reading comprehension. Kauai can play whatever division they want, they choose DII and that fine with me. Could they compete in DI? Of course they could, but they don't! St. Louis has at least two starters from Kauai, and from what I saw, can compete really well at the DI level. Why do you constantly try to find conflict or stir up conflict? Stick to your hatred of Iolani and leave everyone else alone.
I know that Nate Herbig starts, but who is the other guy?

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

unpaid wrote:Day before gameday,

About as useful as your weekly "ranking"

#LouGang
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by #LouGang »

saynotomercs wrote:
Getreal$ wrote:@HaterOfElitists- What are you even talking about?? You need to get a grip or take a class in reading comprehension. Kauai can play whatever division they want, they choose DII and that fine with me. Could they compete in DI? Of course they could, but they don't! St. Louis has at least two starters from Kauai, and from what I saw, can compete really well at the DI level. Why do you constantly try to find conflict or stir up conflict? Stick to your hatred of Iolani and leave everyone else alone.
I know that Nate Herbig starts, but who is the other guy?
Lanakila Wilson is the other #11 the wide out.

HaterOfElitists

Post by HaterOfElitists »

saynotomercs wrote:
unpaid wrote:Day before gameday,

About as useful as your weekly "ranking"
It's his opinion. So anyone that picks Kahuku or doesnt pick St. Louis to crush them is an idiot? U gonna bash Kahuku fans like huki-lau-lau and his pidgin posts, too? He's picking Kahuku, too.

I love your insight saynotomercs but u sound like Auffrey1979/Big Dog/STL79/Infidel (remember him?) with the way youve reacted to people that think Kahuku will win or lose but keep it close.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

So far,it looks like Kahuku is trying to play a mind game and St.Louis is trying to play a football game. Maybe the Red Raiders get humble and try to play football too,now.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

7 all now.Maybe Kahuku got the message now.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Both sides trying to shoot themselves in the foot on offense...supposed to gain yards,not give them away with penalties.