unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by unpaid »

I know there's around 8 minutes left..but after another pick by the Kahuku D, St.Louis isn't showing me anything to make me believe they can stop Kahuku from running out the clock now.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

This game reminded me of the 2012 title game, where Kahuku gave Tuileta the first taste of harsh pressure all season and forced about four or five turnovers off of us. Needless to say, the Red Raiders won, 42-20.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

i tink its safe to say now.......all teams look good til they face kahuku
-------------------

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Final rank 2015,

1.Kahuku 13-0 2015 State champion.
2.St.Louis 9-2 2015 State runnerup
3.Punahou 8-2
4.Mililani 10-3
5.Kamehameha 5-4
6.Waianae 9-4
7.Farrington 7-4
8.Kapolei 6-4
9.Kailua 7-3
10 Hilo 7-5

Congratulations to Kahuku and St.Louis on fine seasons.Kahuku defense came as advertised and held the St.Louis offense down.Are we back to picking Kahuku and St.Louis 1 and 2 in preseason?

I have a feeling Kapolei will be fun to watch. Kailua was a pleasant surprise.Will the Surfriders keep it going.We will see.

MauiSun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MauiSun »

Can we please get a better officiating crew next year. Horrible crew, that couldn't even
get the right number called on ejection and had to have a cameraman tell them extra point was good.
Grade is a BIG F for this crew.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

MauiSun wrote:Can we please get a better officiating crew next year. Horrible crew, that couldn't even
get the right number called on ejection and had to have a cameraman tell them extra point was good.
Totally agree!!! It's an emotional and physical game, at some point they just need to let the kids play.. Almost ruined the damn game!!

rednblue
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by rednblue »

bigD wrote:
MauiSun wrote:Can we please get a better officiating crew next year. Horrible crew, that couldn't even
Totally agree!!! It's an emotional and physical game, at some point they just need to let the kids play.. Almost ruined the damn game!!
Couldn't agree more... Id say this whole season the reffing was very below average. They gave the NFL replacement refs a run for their money.

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Unpaid. At this point in the year, I would put Waianae ahead of Kamehameha. When those two teams first met, basically they had a new coach, new beginning. Waianae has 4 more wins and experience. Just my opinion.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

I have noted your comment and will consider it for the pre-season ranking for 2016 if I am around to continue next year.
Thank you for your input. It is hard to say which teams that did not make the championship final should be ranked above other teams but....in my mind, Kamehameha did not make the postseason because they didnot win their league which only had one state berth. Waianae was in states because the OIA has three slots for states and they couldn't get to the championship final. Would Waianae have beaten Kamehameha in a rematch.....maybe but in the only game they played each other this year...Kamehameha won and that is all I have to go on.

A couple of Crusader fans who are on this board want to give me the stinkeye because I never had St.Louis ranked No. 1 at any time this year. I am a facts guy,last year the Trojans beat the Puns for the state title...and both teams had enough coming back for me to believe they would be serious contenders for the state title. St.Louis lost more than two games last year,but showed some promise,but Punahou and Mililani had just as much or more coming back as St.Louis had,so nevah going to put St.Louis No.1 based on a lesser 2014 record compared to Mililani and Punahou.

I give people credit though,newguy said I would never rank St.Louis above Kahuku until St.Louis beat Kahuku and he was right because based on the Crusader record and final rank for 2014 they were going to have to prove something to me....and if St.Louis had defeated Kahuku,i would have put them at No.I.....but Kahuku beat St.Louis and I ranked Kahuku No.1 just like I had them ranked No.1 for many of the last few weeks of the season.