unpaid D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: unpaid D-I football

Post by saynotomercs »

I always thought the re-shuffling was stupid. High school football is all about rivalries, especially if you're not a title contender.

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by saintlouisontop »

I can't wait state championship game Saint louis best defense second best offense vs Mililani best offense and a very not up to par defense I think matches make styles and Saint Louis easily wins this year.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Four,

1.Mililani 3-0 St.Louis put up 43 against Liberty.How much do the Trojans put up on the Patriots in NV next week?
2.Kahuku 4-0 Red Raiders are scoring like a pinball machine.
3.Punahou 2-0 DNP vs Del Oro CA next.
4 St.Louis 2-0 Outmatched Liberty this week. Slade-Matautia was beastly on defense.
5.Farrington 3-0 Getting into a shootout with the Govs doesn't help this year...they can score with you, too.
6.Kamehameha 3-0 DNP
7.Kailua 4-0
8.Waianae 3-1 I think the old Waianae is back.
9.Iolani 2-1 DNP
10.Moanalua 2-2 Held leads over Farrington at times but lost in the end.

I am ready for the ILH and OIA heavyweights to start playing each other and begin sorting things out for states.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

saintlouisontop wrote:I can't wait state championship game Saint louis best defense second best offense vs Mililani best offense and a very not up to par defense I think matches make styles and Saint Louis easily wins this year.
Mililani doesn't merely have "the best offense in Hawaii".

They have one of "THE BEST OFFENSES IN THE COUNTRY."

Saint Louis has a much better defense than Mililani does, but that might not matter anyway.

I'll tell you one thing- Kahuku is absolutely devastating defensively, but they don't match up well with Saint Louis at all.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

unpaid wrote:Week Four,

1.Mililani 3-0 St.Louis put up 43 against Liberty.How much do the Trojans put up on the Patriots in NV next week?
4 St.Louis 2-0 Outmatched Liberty this week. Slade-Matautia was beastly on defense.
5.Farrington 3-0 Getting into a shootout with the Govs doesn't help this year...they can score with you, too.
6.Kamehameha 3-0 DNP
7.Kailua 4-0
9.Iolani 2-1 DNP

I am ready for the ILH and OIA heavyweights to start playing each other and begin sorting things out for states.
Thanks for your rankings again.

Farrington showed alarming weakness against Moanalua. That pass defense is woeful. I think Bishop Rapoza is one of the great surprises of the season thus far, but I would have Kamehameha above them.

I'm a fan of Waianae's program- they've been getting a lot out of not much talent recently- but this years team is a far, far cry from "old Waianae". Waianae used to play defense- this year's team isn't all that good at that. Not sure how Iolani sticks over Moanalua. Iolani has been hampered by QB play over the last few years.

saintlouisontop
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by saintlouisontop »

oh my

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

Waianae is setting up to have a good season. The SeaRiders are getting W's on the road and are within striking distance of a 1 or 2 seed with a first-round bye in the OIA playoffs.Maybe some of the old Waianae is back.
If the divisions had stayed geographical in composition. Kahuku would have had to face Farrington and Kailua in regular season games that I think would have been more of a struggle to win. As it is now,Waianae might be the only division foe that really tests Kahuku and it comes late.

I will add this disclaimer...Kahuku is a very good football team and might make any competition look bad.
Kahuku has a solid defense as usual. Sasaoka has added a weapon in the kicking game. Keeping the opponents on the 20 with touchbacks is like giving the defense a small victory. Now is the time to add more passing or at least get comfortable with it. If Kahuku can average 100 passing, that will be all it takes to get into the States. Kahuku is like Alabama. Smash mouth football, tough defense, special team plays, and a pass here and there to keep the other side honest. The best way too keep high scoring teams like Mililani ,Punahou and St.Louis off the boards is to keep them off the field. A time consuming power running game is the key. That and a very good defense like Kahuku's.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

saynotomercs wrote:

Saint Louis has a much better defense than Mililani does, but that might not matter anyway.

I'll tell you one thing- Kahuku is absolutely devastating defensively, but they don't match up well with Saint Louis at all.
if stlouis meet mill in championship it will be replay of lastyear shootout puns/mill. no defense just scoring at will bcause both mill and stlouis offense is unstoppable. stlous and miill offense spread the field and average highschool secondarys cant defend that, except kahuku secondary can defend it.

dont be decieved with the games this past weekend. mill offense looked precision accurate just like lastyear, nothing new, problem with kapolei they didnt blitz presuer milton. lastyear kahuk and farringt blitx the whole game holding mill offense under 22 pts.

also kahuku win over mckinly 78-0 was the worst game i seen kahuku play. they took a step backward as far as improving the offense, no passing at all. atleast lastyear with qb tuli he had a arm to threaten the ddeep pass, this year with the starting qb out the rest of the season, anyother qb is not looking good and yes a good run d like stlouis is not a good mathcup for kahuku. we rr nation just got to trust coach tata that his stanford offense will ticking at playoffs and if so then goodnight for the rest of the state.
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:

if stlouis meet mill in championship it will be replay of lastyear shootout puns/mill. no defense just scoring at will bcause both mill and stlouis offense is unstoppable. stlous and miill offense spread the field and average highschool secondarys cant defend that, except kahuku secondary can defend it.

dont be decieved with the games this past weekend. mill offense looked precision accurate just like lastyear, nothing new, problem with kapolei they didnt blitz presuer milton. lastyear kahuk and farringt blitx the whole game holding mill offense under 22 pts.

also kahuku win over mckinly 78-0 was the worst game i seen kahuku play. they took a step backward as far as improving the offense, no passing at all. atleast lastyear with qb tuli he had a arm to threaten the ddeep pass, this year with the starting qb out the rest of the season, anyother qb is not looking good and yes a good run d like stlouis is not a good mathcup for kahuku. we rr nation just got to trust coach tata that his stanford offense will ticking at playoffs and if so then goodnight for the rest of the state.
Ah hoy has a pretty good arm himself. Not much finesse, but his arm strength is pretty good. The O cant be changed over night. Im sure there are things hao and tata want to implement, but it will take time. Sure, practicing the paasing game against McKinley makes sense, but something tells me the score could've been alot worse.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

saynotomercs wrote:
unpaid wrote:Week Four,

6.Kamehameha 3-0 DNP
7.Kailua 4-0
9.Iolani 2-1 DNP

Thanks for your rankings again.

Farrington showed alarming weakness against Moanalua. That pass defense is woeful. I think Bishop Rapoza is one of the great surprises of the season thus far, but I would have Kamehameha above them.

I'm a fan of Waianae's program- they've been getting a lot out of not much talent recently- but this years team is a far, far cry from "old Waianae". Waianae used to play defense- this year's team isn't all that good at that. Not sure how Iolani sticks over Moanalua. Iolani has been hampered by QB play over the last few years.
@saynotomercs: Yeah, I don't see how Iolani should be ranked ahead of Moanalua. Iolani got blown-out badly by Farrington, while Farrington barely squeaked-by Moanalua, and had to come from behind to do it. Moanalua has to be better than Iolani.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:

@huki-lau-lau: OK, I don't know about last year, but I find it hard to imagine that blitzing Milton will stop Mililani. They have the best RB in the state in Malepeai. If you blitz Milton persistently, what's to stop him from handing-off to Malepeai, or even dumping-off short passes to him? Also, Milton is very mobile himself, and is a year older and better.

Surely, you didn't want Kahuku to be better against McKinley? As it was, the score was 78-0. Let Kahuku get better against stronger teams.

Finally, it would be a tall order for Kahuku to say, "Good Night" to Mililani or St Louis, wouldn't it? Even in the play-offs. (I'm assuming that St Louis can get past Punahou, which is certainly not guaranteed).

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Do not underestimate Mililani's defense. They are better than they get credit for here on this board. If Coach York finds something lacking on the D,he will motivate the defensive players like he did in the Kapolei game.

When playoff time comes ,expect them to be dialed in on both sides of the ball.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

unpaid wrote:Do not underestimate Mililani's defense. They are better than they get credit for here on this board. If Coach York finds something lacking on the D,he will motivate the defensive players like he did in the Kapolei game.

Very true! It's not like teams drove down on them. They still have a very tough defense and there on offense is there defense too

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

unpaid wrote:Do not underestimate Mililani's defense. They are better than they get credit for here on this board. If Coach York finds something lacking on the D,he will motivate the defensive players like he did in the Kapolei game.

Mililani did give up nearly 400 yards passing against Kapolei, with a majority of that in the first half against 1st team defense when the game was still competitive. I would call their defense slightly above average. If an opposing defense can keep the Trojans offense somewhere around 20 points or under, then they can be beat. That is not an easy task, but both the Govs and the Red Raiders did it last year.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

Aitorahi wrote:

Mililani did give up nearly 400 yards passing against Kapolei, with a majority of that in the first half against 1st team defense when the game was still competitive. I would call their defense slightly above average. If an opposing defense can keep the Trojans offense somewhere around 20 points or under, then they can be beat. That is not an easy task, but both the Govs and the Red Raiders did it last year.
Unfortunately I still feel mililani would put up more than 35pts on both defenses. kahuku needs more than a run game to compete against the Trojans while the govs need to solve its defensive problems.