unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by leadership »

Yea, all the hype around the Kona QB, yet our QB is way way better. Kona will lose again on their field and this time it won't be close. States here we come.

Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Naue »

I'm starting to like this guy. :lol: :lol: :bootyshake:
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Kona QB Austin Ewing is the better QB by far. Compare stats against Hilo High. KS Hawaii QB 0-5 0 yards 2 Interceptions. Ewing 25-39 340 2TD's 1 int. The other factor I look at is if the team can win a big game without the player. Obviously KSH can win without their QB, while Kona although a good team all around, becomes a better team with Ewing. KS Hawaii's true test will be on grass at Konawaena against a Kona team at home with Ewing at QB.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

Naue wrote:
politclyincrekt wrote:
unpaid wrote:No. 5 Nanakuli and No.10 Kalani. I think there is too much heart on the Golden Hawk team to lose this one. Picking Nanakuli here.
I don't think Nanakuli has so much heart that they'll risk play-off crippling injury in a game that doesn't matter. The Golden Hawks could care less about who loses to Radford in the first round. While Radford is gunning for a perfect season, Nanakuli should be focused on staying healthy. They have a short week before playing a Kaimuki team that is VERY different from the one they played earlier in the season (this Kaimuki can beat Nanakuli on the road if the Hawks aren't careful). If Nanakuli were undefeated and trying for a perfect season, then I would give the edge this week to them. But that dream died in Week 1. Up and up, Nanakuli would win. But given the circumstances, you have to pick the Golden Hawks to opt for staying healthy and shooting for states and giving Kalani the win.
Huh? Nanakuli is coming out with guns blazing. It's their senior night and a chance to build confidence and momentum going into the playoffs. I'm not guessing either. I'm here at their practices watching and i know these kids and what they're going to be doing in this game. They already lost starters to season ending injury from game 1. Their best defensive lineman gone from Game 1, acl injury on an illegal targeting hit. Had 2 or 3 sacks against waianae in their scrimmage. He was a beast that couldn't play last year cause he got kicked out of school for knocking out a campus security. Their best O lineman Kalae Wong gone for the season from the last 3 games. They took big hits but one thing they don't do is slow down. Their line is the weakest point right now and hopefully they can get that ball out quicker cause the qb ain't got enough time. The coaches won't put that injury free strategy in their mind. The boys mostly got hurt in practice. They putting in their minds to work and play hard. They'll come out doing just that.
It appears I stand corrected! I hope the Hawks are prepared for Kaimuki this week. It is a very different team than when they first played.

Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Naue »

politclyincrekt wrote:
Naue wrote:
politclyincrekt wrote: I don't think Nanakuli has so much heart that they'll risk play-off crippling injury in a game that doesn't matter. The Golden Hawks could care less about who loses to Radford in the first round. While Radford is gunning for a perfect season, Nanakuli should be focused on staying healthy. They have a short week before playing a Kaimuki team that is VERY different from the one they played earlier in the season (this Kaimuki can beat Nanakuli on the road if the Hawks aren't careful). If Nanakuli were undefeated and trying for a perfect season, then I would give the edge this week to them. But that dream died in Week 1. Up and up, Nanakuli would win. But given the circumstances, you have to pick the Golden Hawks to opt for staying healthy and shooting for states and giving Kalani the win.
Huh? Nanakuli is coming out with guns blazing. It's their senior night and a chance to build confidence and momentum going into the playoffs. I'm not guessing either. I'm here at their practices watching and i know these kids and what they're going to be doing in this game. They already lost starters to season ending injury from game 1. Their best defensive lineman gone from Game 1, acl injury on an illegal targeting hit. Had 2 or 3 sacks against waianae in their scrimmage. He was a beast that couldn't play last year cause he got kicked out of school for knocking out a campus security. Their best O lineman Kalae Wong gone for the season from the last 3 games. They took big hits but one thing they don't do is slow down. Their line is the weakest point right now and hopefully they can get that ball out quicker cause the qb ain't got enough time. The coaches won't put that injury free strategy in their mind. The boys mostly got hurt in practice. They putting in their minds to work and play hard. They'll come out doing just that.
It appears I stand corrected! I hope the Hawks are prepared for Kaimuki this week. It is a very different team than when they first played.
You aint lying....they're playing some good football at a time where the Hawks are struggling offensively.
On another note Radford really only earned 2 td in that game against the hawks. The other 2 were mistakes but Radford did capitalize on the fumble return and the funny looking punt formation that ended up turning over the ball inside the 10 gave the rams their 3rd score. Hawks killed themselves in that game. The hawks defense gave their own offense 3 chances to score and they didnt.
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

I think both the Hawks and Bulldogs are looking for one win. Kaimuki, at least, knows that they are no match for Radford. So if they can beat Nanakuli, they'll have a very favorable seed in states (with Radford and Kapaa taking the byes and leaving a favorable road game against Damien or the BIIF champion into the next round). If Pac-Five somehow beats Damien this week, the winner of the Nanakuli-Kaimuki game will have an even easier path deep into the state tournament.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Brackets are not yet determined,but maybe we can make some guesses. Right now you could assume Radford and Kapaa would get first round byes and be at the top of the two brackets. Nanakuli would be in the Kapaa bracket because traditionally the OIA teams get put in separate brackets.No matter who the OIA teams are in the end,they will probably wind up in different brackets. The question is where do the ILH,BIIF,and MIL land in the two brackets?

I think that both Kamehameha-Hawaii and Konawaena have shown more firepower the either of the Maui possibilities(Kamehameha-Maui or Lahainaluna.) ...so i could see the BIIF winner being in the Radford/OIA champ bracket. I think I would have pick the ILH winner as better than the MIL winner is going to be so the MIL winner might go to the Kapaa bracket.

So,my way to early prediction right now would be Kapaa-Nanakuli-Kamehameha-Maui or Lahainaluna in one bracket. The other bracket could be Radford,Kamehameha-Hawaii or Konawaena,and Damien in the other.

Still some football to be played though ...these brackets could get busted in the next two weeks.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Here's my guess for DII playoffs: Kapaa and Radford 1st round bye- OIA vs MIL winner plays Kapaa. ILH vs BIIF winner plays Radford

kawai60
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kawai60 »

Nanakulis offense took a big hit. They'll be without wide out clifford cunningham due to season ending collarbone injury. And Running back sunshine anuenue due to academics.so it'll be interesting seeing how they do this week against kaimuki

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliners this week,

No.2 Radford and No.9 Waialua,

The Rams are probably too much for the Bulldogs over four quarters.Waialua should have plenty of fight in them as it has been awhile since the Bulldogs have been to postseason. Picking Radford to win.

No.4 Nanakuli and No.7 Kaimuki,

I am impressed with Coach Watson and what he has done for the Nanakuli program. That said,its been a nightmare year with injuries sidelining players all the way through the season ,and academics not being paid full attention to. I like Nanakuli's heart ,but they are down right now. I think Kaimuki is on a winning streak and the Bulldogs should take this game. Kaimuki is my pick to win here.

No.6 Damien and No.8 Pac-Five. Unless Pac-Five can get as big and run-oriented as St.Francis is,I think the Wolfpack will lose to the Monarchs. Damien can clinch the ILH title without a playoff by beating Pac-Five. Damien should take this one.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

Kaimuki and Nanakuli showed the power one play has to change a game irreversibly. Nanakuli had every reason to believe they had won. They would have to kickoff ,but there was little time left and 99 times the returner would be stopped...end of game.Hats off to Kaimuki on that return for the winning touchdown on that 100th time.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 11,

1.Kapaa 7-0 DNP.Warriors are in states and have one more league contest next week.
2.Radford 10-0 Pulled away late from Waialua to win.Rams in states.
3.Kamehameha-Hawaii 9-2 Warriors hammered Hawaii Prep.
4.Konawaena 9-1 Wildcats and Kamehameha-Hawaii will have to decide who gets state tournament slot.
5.Damien 6-1 Victory over Pac-Five clinches berth for states.Damien is the ILH D-II champ for 2015.
6.Kaimuki 7-3 Bulldogs in states. Radford next for OIA D-II title.
7.Nanakuli 7-3.Season over.
8.Pac-Five 3-3 SO
9.Waialua 5-5 SO
10.Lahainaluna 5-5 Lunas and Kamehameha-Maui to decide MIL slot for states.

St.Francis drops out. It is interesting in D-II this year with Iolani gone.Those top four could all win the trophy and 5 and 6 could sneak up on that first group along the way.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

unpaid wrote:Week 11,

1.Kapaa 7-0 DNP.Warriors are in states and have one more league contest next week.
2.Radford 10-0 Pulled away late from Waialua to win.Rams in states.
3.Kamehameha-Hawaii 9-2 Warriors hammered Hawaii Prep.
4.Konawaena 9-1 Wildcats and Kamehameha-Hawaii will have to decide who gets state tournament slot.
5.Damien 6-1 Victory over Pac-Five clinches berth for states.Damien is the ILH D-II champ for 2015.
6.Kaimuki 7-3 Bulldogs in states. Radford next for OIA D-II title.
7.Nanakuli 7-3.Season over.
8.Pac-Five 3-3 SO
9.Waialua 5-5 SO
10.Lahainaluna 5-5 Lunas and Kamehameha-Maui to decide MIL slot for states.

St.Francis drops out. It is interesting in D-II this year with Iolani gone.Those top four could all win the trophy and 5 and 6 could sneak up on that first group along the way.
I think Radford has dominated the OIA White kind of like the way Iolani dominated D2 in years past. Nevertheless, if those two were to play, Iolani would win around 35-21.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Radford hasn't really been anywhere near as dominant in D-II OIA White as Iolani was in ILH D-II . Love my Rams ,but the record speaks for itself. Iolani had around 10 ILH D-II titles. Radford had two White titles. Radford has no D-II titles.Iolani has 8 or 9 D-II state titles. Appreciate the thought but,Iolani has made far more of a mark in D-II than Radford. Radford also spent four of those years in D-I when they were promoted,so they weren't in D-II the whole time Iolani was in D-II. Hoping that staying down in D-II these past two years was just an aberration. Once your players realize they will never compete in D-I ,even if they earn it on the field,then your best players will transfer and wilt the program. It's happening with Pearl City.Don't want to see it happen with Radford. Rams have the record,they need to go up. Got an enrollment of 1300+,they are really too big for D-II.

Iolani-Radford this year would be interesting. I would have to say that Radford has a physical running attack that they never had from 2003 until this year...and they still pass...I am not sure that Iolani would win by the score that you suggest...or that they would win at all. We won'T know because they won't play each other this year. Oh well.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

BIIF DII title game between Kona and KS Hawaii will be very good and worth attending. Here's my thoughts on the game and my prediction:

Konawaena - Overall a very solid team with Ewing at QB and their defensive front healthy. The first meeting between the two teams wasn't a very good indication of what to expect this time around. The weather played a factor in turnovers and the QB play wasn't where it should have been once they got into the red zone. I believe Kona got inside the Red zone five times and turned the ball over each time, while on Defense Kona dropped two pick six interceptions that would have changed the momentum at crucial times. The game also featured Batacan carrying the ball 40 times for a mere 99 yards, less than three yards a carry, so the rush D did a great job of containing Batacan. Kona will be playing at home and on grass...those quick cuts won't work as well on grass.

KS-Hawaii- Their strength is their offensive line with all five seniors having years of experience. Although they did get dominated by Hilo and Kealakehe, they've had a few weeks of playing against horrible competition to work on their game. Batacan is the key to the offense and Manliguis has become the threat he was last year by piling on lots of YAC and the fastest 110 m hurdler Evans Dumaran, is a deep threat. They need to get Batacan off to a good start and then those quick passes to their slots and receivers will open up. If they need to go to the pass because the run isn't working, they'll have serious problems. Duarte will only go to his first option and the ball is out of his hands quickly. The results are either good or bad depending on what is going on at the time he releases. He is not a progressions read then throw QB, he will heave it up and see what happens, lots of his terrible throws are of such a surprise that the defenders simply drop the ball, but the receiver are fast and just blow by the defenders so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Prediction: Konawaena 35 KS-Hawaii 28