unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HaterOfElitists
High-quality H20 provider

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by HaterOfElitists »

Congrats to Damien. And having seen the ILH D2 teams play, they wouldn't be as healthy as they are know if they played Iolani 2x or 3x. For them, playing Iolani is as much as a safety risk as playing Punahou, St. Louis, or Kamehameha.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Go to the Iolani thread. You want to talk about D-II games ...I'm all for it. Want to trash Iolani in particular....Go away. Got a problem with Iolani...tell it to Coach Look's face or ,even better,go write a letter or e-mail and send it to Iolani's admins...then see where you wind up.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Headliner this week,

No.3 Kamehameha-Hawaii and No.4 Konawaena,

I am not expecting five Konawaena turnovers like last time. Apparently both teams have everyone back and ready to play this week.Getreal$ has already broken it down better than I could.I will just add that I believe having Ewing back at QB for Konawaena is the difference in this game. Advantage Konawaena.

HaterOfElitists

Post by HaterOfElitists »

Unpaid, my post can apply to the Iolani thread and this one. I was commending the ability of the D2 teams to stay healthier than they had in the past. I hope Damien stays healthy. I think they can capitalize on their accomplishment, even though Radford and Kapaa seem like better teams.

kauwildman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kona Buries Kamehameha 44-21

Post by kauwildman »

So Leadership how would you like your Humble Pie served?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

Kudos to Konawaena for winning the BIIF D-II championship.The Maui entrant is the last team to be determined as Kamehameha-Maui and Lahainaluna face off in a rubbermatch to decide the MIL D-II titlewinner. The OIA championship is about the title,but for states it's more about seeding since both teams get in. Right now,I feel like Lahainaluna and Radford should be the favorites in those games. A Radford win should get the Rams a 1 or 2 seed. A Lahainaluna win gets them in the tournament maybe as a 5 or 6 seed.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Last year Coach Dan Lyons spoke proudly about winning the DII Championship, but he was equally proud of also winning the sportsmanship trophy. Well what I saw last night at the end of the game was the most disgusting display of sportsmanship ever in a championship game. Kamehameha-Hawaii should be ashamed of themselves and the league should impose serious penalties for the way the coaches and players acted that resulted in the game being called with 30 seconds left on the clock! Coaches and players swearing and acting like idiots and the referees trying their best to restore order by ejecting a coach. It didn't stop there, it continued and a good decision was made to call the game. Get a grip coaches, you hyped those kids up ( and as it appears, a few parents too) and made them believe they were going to contend for the state title. As I've said all year long, the lack of "leadership" is and was evident on this team. Sad to see those seniors go out like that but it IS A REFLECTION ON LEADERSHIP!

kauwildman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kauwildman »

The ending of the BIIF championship game will be an embarrassment for Kamehameha for some time. Couldn't finish a championship games? Shame.

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

You can keep your humble pie, coaches lost the game. Coach Lyons should get his *ss fired. I pau my boy last year so i no care.

Read option
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Read option »

[quote="unpaid"]Saturday thoughts,

Kudos to Konawaena for winning the BIIF D-II championship.The Maui entrant is the last team to be determined as Kamehameha-Maui and Lahainaluna face off in a rubbermatch to decide the MIL D-II titlewinner. The OIA championship is about the title,but for states it's more about seeding since both teams get in. Right now,I feel like Lahainaluna and Radford should be the favorites in those games. A Radford win should get the Rams a 1 or 2 seed. A Lahainaluna win gets them in the tournament maybe as a 5 or 6 seed.[/quote

well you never know when it comes to the HHSAA an their seedings. In 2012 when Radford won the OIA they were sent to Kauai for the first round which many thought they would get a 1 or 2 seed with their D2 best record of 11-1. 2013 Kaiser didn't get a bye but hosted many thought they would get a top seed. Last year Nanakuli was UNBEATEN and still was a low seed(5) an went on the road. HHSAA director Chris Chun is an Iolani grad so this year he can't protect iolani like he did in 2013 when he put Kaiser in the same side of the bracket as Lahainaluna thus making iolani's road to the championship much easier. Didn't work because Kauai beat iolani who in my opinion didn't deserve a top seed that season Kaiser did an proved it winning it all that year!!!! Since Chun took over in 2010 iolani as been in the tournament with them not in D2 this year who will he put as a top seed next to kapaa? Radford or Damien or maybe Kona?

Eight-0-Eight
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Eight-0-Eight »

Kona seemed to be the better team all year, when at full-strength. Radford and Kapaa should no doubt be the top 2 seeds in this year's tournament. If I were setting up the bracket, I would have the MIL and Kona host first round games against the OIA #2 and ILH Champ. Of course if Kaimuki upsets Radford that would throw a bit of uncertainty in the air. Historically the MIL has gotten a lot of respect in Division 2 seeding. But again, if I was setting it up, I'd have Damien at the MIL winner, advancing to meet Radford in one semi. The other side would be Kaimuki at Kona, with the winner going to Kapaa in the other semi.

alleyezonme
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by alleyezonme »

1. Kapaa
2. Radford
3. Konawaena
4. Kaimuki
5. Lahainaluna/Kamehameha
6. Damien

Damien @ Kona (Radford)
MIL @ Kaimuki (Kapaa)

That's what it's gonna be.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week 12,

1.Kapaa 8-0 Went through a six game KIF schedule without surrendering any points.
2.Radford 10-0 DNP No.5 Kaimuki next for OIA D-II title.
3.Konawaena 10-1 Thumped Kamehameha-Hawaii. Wildcats are the 2015 BIIF D-II champs.In states.
4.Damien 6-1 Monarchs waiting to see who first opponent in states will be.
5.Kaimuki 7-3 DNP. No.2 Radford next for OIA D-II title.
6.Kamehameha-Hawaii 9-3 Season over.
7.Nanakuli 7-3
8.Pac-Five 3-3
9.Waialua 5-5
10.Lahainaluna 5-5 DNP. Kamehameha-Maui next for MIL D-II title and state playoff berth.

If Kaimuki were to beat Radford next week,my guess is Kapaa and Konawaena would get the top two seeds.Radford and Kaimuki would wind up in the 4,5,or 6 spots possibly.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

leadership wrote:You can keep your humble pie, coaches lost the game. Coach Lyons should get his *ss fired. I pau my boy last year so i no care.
I thought in an earlier post you said he was the best Coach? Go back and read what you said about him...first dry your tears so you can see your posts clearly. Congratulations to your team for a great season and to you, for the enthusiastic dialogue. No one can doubt your passion for your team. Kudos to you, Leadership!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

MauiGuy wrote:
leadership wrote:You can keep your humble pie, coaches lost the game. Coach Lyons should get his *ss fired. I pau my boy last year so i no care.
I thought in an earlier post you said he was the best Coach? Go back and read what you said about him...first dry your tears so you can see your posts clearly. Congratulations to your team for a great season and to you, for the enthusiastic dialogue. No one can doubt your passion for your team. Kudos to you, Leadership!
Not surprised at the response leadership gave kauwildman, but the bottom line is KSH was thoroughly outcoached at every facet of the game. With near perfect game conditions (no excuses), it was obvious from the onset that Konawaena was going to stop the run and force them to the air. With an inexperienced QB in a big game, that became a problem. I know its a coaching decision and I don't have all the facts, but why take the Soph QB out in the Third Q and replace him with a freshman? Let the boy gain experience and finish the game he started, good or bad outcome. The young QB comes in and throws two TD's and parents are saying they should have started that kid.....no....Duarte would have had the same result had they left him in as well, since Kona was already up big and just trying to run the clock. But my biggest issue with KS-Hawaii was the uncontrolled and out of control coaches and players. That was terrible and uncomfortable to sit and watch and I hope the school or league takes severe action to prevent this from happening in the future.