unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by leadership »

I hate to say it but this was the year KSH had a chance to compete with Konawaena and the state. Next year we lose too much in the way of skilled positions on O, Batacan, and most receivers, and D, LB's and DL and of course our entire OL are seniors. Kona brings back most of their team and HPA recruiting so going be hard.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Radford is going to get moved up to D-I. I don'T know if the coaches/admins are going to try to stay down...but I don't see how they can make a successful case for staying down when the football team just won the D-II state title.If they petition to stay down,Radford would be denied ,I think.

Dog 96707
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Dog 96707 »

Radford and nanakuli moving up and McKinley and Waipahu going down I believe

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Is Radford losing a lot of players this year?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Bus3001
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bus3001 »

Radford as of right now return 4 on Defense(2 DB's,LB & 1DL) and 4 on offense(3OL 1 WR) now that could change cause some are military dependents so it could be less? However they Have the Last 2 seasons JV "White" Champions however a lot of those kids have transferred due to the Military. Now with the Military you never know who will come in?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Bus3001 wrote:Radford as of right now return 4 on Defense(2 DB's,LB & 1DL) and 4 on offense(3OL 1 WR) now that could change cause some are military dependents so it could be less? However they Have the Last 2 seasons JV "White" Champions however a lot of those kids have transferred due to the Military. Now with the Military you never know who will come in?
@Bus3001: That's one thing about Radford; I think they have more military kids than any other high-school on Oahu. Servicemen/servicewomen are constantly being deployed/re-deployed to different bases/locales, and of course their kids go with them. Therefore at Radford, kids are constantly coming and going. When you're a coach at Radford, when there's a military kid on your roster, you don't know how long you'll have him (or her. Obviously, this applies to the school's girls' teams as well). Two other high schools--Leilehua and Kalaheo--also get a lot of military kids, but not as many as Radford. I think Radford draws kids from as many as three military bases, whereas Leilehua draws kids from Schofield (an Army base), and Kalaheo draws kids from KMCAS (Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Station). Kalaheo's situation is interesting; Kalaheo is actually located in Kailua. The high-school that's supposed to draw kids from Kaneohe is Castle. So, how come kids from Kaneohe Air Station go to Kalaheo? Perhaps KMCAS, despite its name, is closer to Kalaheo High? I don't know.

backyard ballaz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by backyard ballaz »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Bus3001 wrote:Radford as of right now return 4 on Defense(2 DB's,LB & 1DL) and 4 on offense(3OL 1 WR) now that could change cause some are military dependents so it could be less? However they Have the Last 2 seasons JV "White" Champions however a lot of those kids have transferred due to the Military. Now with the Military you never know who will come in?
@Bus3001: That's one thing about Radford; I think they have more military kids than any other high-school on Oahu. Servicemen/servicewomen are constantly being deployed/re-deployed to different bases/locales, and of course their kids go with them. Therefore at Radford, kids are constantly coming and going. When you're a coach at Radford, when there's a military kid on your roster, you don't know how long you'll have him (or her. Obviously, this applies to the school's girls' teams as well). Two other high schools--Leilehua and Kalaheo--also get a lot of military kids, but not as many as Radford. I think Radford draws kids from as many as three military bases, whereas Leilehua draws kids from Schofield (an Army base), and Kalaheo draws kids from KMCAS (Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Station). Kalaheo's situation is interesting; Kalaheo is actually located in Kailua. The high-school that's supposed to draw kids from Kaneohe is Castle. So, how come kids from Kaneohe Air Station go to Kalaheo? Perhaps KMCAS, despite its name, is closer to Kalaheo High? I don't know.
I don't think that's a big deal to have military kids. Usually they leave but get replaced...it's all relative. Every school deals with similar situations. You can look forward to a kid coming back the following year but he could get hurt, not make grades, decide to not play or even the rare instance of transferring to a better school. I feel more bad for a team like Kalani that thought Manabe and Faumui was coming back...then boom they were gone like a military child!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

backyard ballaz wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
I don't think that's a big deal to have military kids. Usually they leave but get replaced...it's all relative. Every school deals with similar situations. You can look forward to a kid coming back the following year but he could get hurt, not make grades, decide to not play or even the rare instance of transferring to a better school. I feel more bad for a team like Kalani that thought Manabe and Faumui was coming back...then boom they were gone like a military child!
@backyard ballaz: Well, I mean, Kalani? No offense to Kalani alumni, but really: It's been over 35 years since Kalani had a championship vars football team. When Coach Cal Lee left Kalani a couple of years ago to return to St Louis, Kalani just didn't have much to hold-on to good players. I still think Lee should have stayed at Kalani; that's his alma mater. It disappointed me when he turned his back to them. And, imagine how they felt? It's like, "Hey, he graduated from our school!"
Back to Radford: Actually, it is worse when you have military kids. In addition to kids leaving the school for whatever reasons--such as the two Kalani kids you mentioned--you constantly have military kids leaving due to their parents' deployment to other military bases. Sure, you have military kids coming in, too, but there's no guarantee they'll be as good--(as football players, for example)--as the kids who left. Since Kalani doesn't draw kids from any military base(s), coaches there have a lot more stability on their rosters year-to-year than coaches at Radford do.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Mahalo,Coach Salanoa for everything you and your staff over the years have to done to mentor young people.Only the best wishes for you and your family as you enter the next journey in life.It's good to be a Ram!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

unpaid wrote:Mahalo,Coach Salanoa for everything you and your staff over the years have to done to mentor young people.Only the best wishes for you and your family as you enter the next journey in life.It's good to be a Ram!
@unpaid: Yes; Salanoa is a Radford alumnus. He's resigning as HC? I didn't know.

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

Life Champions bowl this week. KSH field with some of the top KSH senior players in the game. Madriaga, Batacan, Kalili, Manuia, Manlinguis, Chin...Go get um boys!

Bus3001
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bus3001 »

leadership wrote:Life Champions bowl this week. KSH field with some of the top KSH senior players in the game. Madriaga, Batacan, Kalili, Manuia, Manlinguis, Chin...Go get um boys!
Anybody gonna stream the game? wanna see some of the Radford kids play too Ramdowm baby!!!!

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

Scoringlive will have the game live stream from what i heard.

Bus3001
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Bus3001 »

leadership wrote:Scoringlive will have the game live stream from what i heard.

Mahalo!!!