unpaid D-II football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
WITblitztrend
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: unpaid D-II football

Post by WITblitztrend »

What makes DII exciting this year is the high level of defense being played. The team with the defense who peaks entering the postseason will make that run to the DII title. Kapa'a , Nanakuli, Kamehameha Hawaii, Radford, all got solid defenses anchored by great impact players...

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Someone told me to check out this article...

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/spo ... -ii-crowns

They smoking some good stuff out there.

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

Naue wrote:I guess snickers don't work on everyone...lol
I'll eat a snickers for you after we demolish Kealakehe this Friday. Then we will take care of pathetic Hilo High and wait for the States.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

leadership wrote:
I'll eat a snickers for you after we demolish Kealakehe this Friday. Then we will take care of pathetic Hilo High and wait for the States.
Wow, Leadership- you beat Kalaheo, King K., and Waiakea!! Hilo High played Punahou and Kamehameha Kapalama.....dude, relax! Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the score 8-6 at half against Waiakea?

WITblitztrend
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by WITblitztrend »

Forgot to mention the Damien and St. Francis, two good DII teams who could represent the ILH in the DII States Tourney.

Damien is the most intrigueing team in the DII with Chris Mellor as the new OC implementing the Veer Option attack.

They will not blow teams out, but instead play steady football, manage the clock, win field position, and play great defense.

The DII state tourney matchup will be fun this season!!

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

leadership wrote:
This is actually an interesting prospect. I do believe that KS-Hawaii will win out against the other Division II teams in the BIIF for a berth at states. But if KS-Hawaii is going to lose before play-offs, it will be to Hilo. And if the Warriors aren't careful and lose to Konawaena too, you can say bye-bye to your tournament berth. I see KS-Hawaii losing to Hilo and fighting tooth and nail to stay ahead of Kona for the rest of the season. September will be a big month for your Warriors.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Saturday thoughts,

Being near but not at the very top of the rankings has not been a good thing so far this year. First,Nanakuli fell down a little with the loss to Kapaa,and now Kamehameha-Hawaii will fall a little with their loss to Kealakehe. Radford figures to move up to No.2 after Saturday's games.The Rams had better be prepared for Kaimuki next weekend.

Kamehameha-Maui effectively takes the MIL D-II first round with the win over King Kekaulike. Lahainaluna has their work cut out for them now.

Tough loss for St.Francis to Murrieta Mesa,and a shutout loss at that. Still,the Saints are trying to build a championship program,and to do that,you have to schedule competition like Mesa and test yourself so I think St.Francis' program will learn from this loss.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I guess I could sum up last nights game between KSH and Kealakehe in two words. Arrogance and inexperience at key positions. QB likes to throw the deep streak and had success early, but you can't keep throwing up prayers and expect to connect all the time. Its a very low percentage pass when your opponent is dropping six deep! KSH looks like the team they had back in 2009-2010. very talented but only looking for the homerun ball on every play. I recall last year they totally picked apart kealakehe with short strikes that opened up the run. Last night the only adjustment Kealakehe made was cover over the top. I knew KSH woke a sleeping giant when their receiver caught a pass in the first qtr after the corner fell down and he decided to taunt and dance his way into the endzone like Dion Sanders. Sad thing is Coach Lyons and the AD stood right there and did nothing!! the AD actually walked over to the boy and gave him a shoulder massage! Amazing to say the least.....but Kealakehe was the ones dancing in the end.

Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Naue »

leadership wrote:
Let this be a lesson in humility and with that said................bwaaaaahahahahaha!! Lol
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

unpaid wrote:Saturday thoughts,

Being near but not at the very top of the rankings has not been a good thing so far this year. First,Nanakuli fell down a little with the loss to Kapaa,and now Kamehameha-Hawaii will fall a little with their loss to Kealakehe. Radford figures to move up to No.2 after Saturday's games.The Rams had better be prepared for Kaimuki next weekend.

Kamehameha-Maui effectively takes the MIL D-II first round with the win over King Kekaulike. Lahainaluna has their work cut out for them now.

Tough loss for St.Francis to Murrieta Mesa,and a shutout loss at that. Still,the Saints are trying to build a championship program,and to do that,you have to schedule competition like Mesa and test yourself so I think St.Francis' program will learn from this loss.
@unpaid: Do you really think Radford should be worried about Kaimuki? I mean, Kaimuki might be better than Kalani, but Radford steamrolled Kalani 53-6. That really opened my eyes. Isn't Radford a shoo-in for the OIA D2 title? Would Nanakuli be able to knock them off?

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Week Four,

1.Kapaa 3-0 The Warriors look capable of running the table until states.
2.Radford 3-0 Dominating performance against Kalani.
3.Nanakuli 2-1
4.Kamehameha-Hawaii 3-1 2-point loss to Kealakehe in a game the Warriors could have won,I think.
5.Damien 3-0 DNP
6.Konawaena 3-0 Looking better and better....maybe a threat to Kamehameha-Hawaii.
7.Pac-Five 2-0 DNP
8.Kamehameha-Maui 2-1 take the MIL D-II first round with the victory over King Kekaulike.
9.Roosevelt 2-2 Defeated previously ranked Waialua to move into the top ten.
10.St.Francis 2-2 Hanging on at 10 after shutout loss at the hands of Murrieta Mesa CA.

Lahainaluna and Waialua drop out with their losses this week. I just couldn,t see keeping a 1-3 team in the top ten.Baldwin beat the Lunas by around 20 this weekend....not close,so I couldn'T even try to justify keeping them ranked because of a close loss....just didn't play out. Lahainaluna still has time to right the ship.

HS Football Fanatic,
I don't think Radford should be worried by Kaimuki,but the Rams should not take them lightly either. Being No.2 or No.3 in my rank this year has generally meant getting trapped by someone. In preseason ,I had Kapaa at No.1 and Nanakuli at No.3. They play each other and Nanakuli loses.Kamehameha-Hawaii moves up to No.2 for three weeks and loses to Kealakehe this week,so down go the Warriors.

In most years ,getting to 2 or 3 is an opportunity to take over No.1 when No.1 loses.Kapaa isn't losing so far and the runnersup are getting beat. Now Radford is at No.2. I am just saying ,for 2015, if you are ranked No.2,just don't get complacent,or cocky,and keep working towards the team goal.
Last edited by unpaid on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

unpaid wrote:Week Four,

1.Kapaa 3-0 The Warriors look capable of running the table until states.
2.Radford 3-0 Dominating performance against Kalani.
3.Nanakuli 2-1
4.Kamehameha-Hawaii 3-1 2-point loss to Kealakehe in a game the Warriors could have won,I think.
5.Damien 3-0 DNP
6.Konawaena 3-0 Looking better and better....maybe a threat to Kamehameha-Hawaii.
7.Pac-Five 2-0 DNP
8.Kamehameha-Maui 2-1 take the MIL D-II first round with the victory over King Kekaulike.
9.Roosevelt 2-2 Defeated previously ranked Waialua to move into the top ten.
10.St.Francis 2-2 Hanging on at 10 after shutout loss at the hands of Murrieta Mesa CA.

Lahainaluna and Waialua drop out with their losses this week. I just couldn,t see keeping a 1-3 team in the top ten.Baldwin beat the Lunas by around 20 this weekend....not close,so I couldn'T even try to justify keeping them ranked because of a close loss....just didn't play out. Lahainaluna still has time to right the ship.

HS Football Fanatic,
I don't think Radford should be worried by Kaimuki,but the Rams should not take them lightly either. Being No.2 or No.3 in my rank this year has generally meant getting trapped by someone. In preseason ,I had Kapaa at No.1 and Nanakuli at No.3. They play each other and Nanakuli loses.Kamehmeha-Hawaii moves up to No.2 for three weeks and loses to Kealakehe this week,so down go the Warriors.

In most years ,getting to 2 or 3 is an opportunity to take over No.1 when No.1 loses.Kapaa isn't losing so far and the runnersup are getting beat. Now Radford is at No.2. I am just saying ,for 2015, if you are ranked No.2,just don't get complacent,or cocky,and keep working towards the team goal.
Too bad KSH fell into that complacent, cocky, and extremely arrogant category. They do have a very good offensive line and a solid defense, and the offense with maturity (QB inexperience) can score points, but the way they score on the deep ball will be hard to come by as the season goes on and adjustments made. But the cocky attitude shown during the Kealakehe game (high stepping and dancing, taunting Kealakehe) was a reflection on the lack of leadership on this team. What KSH has to watch out for is a tough skilled Kona team that is building steam and is well coached that will be clicking on all cylinders come playoff time. On a side note: Kealakehe played this game without four starters who are impact players, two of them are very good power runners, that would have made their win a lot easier.

The rankings are shaping up with a lot of football to play. Damien looked good against HPA and if Kona beats Hilo this week, Kona should move up as well.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

Getreal$ wrote:
leadership wrote:
Wow, Leadership- you beat Kalaheo, King K., and Waiakea!! Hilo High played Punahou and Kamehameha Kapalama.....dude, relax! Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the score 8-6 at half against Waiakea?
Yeah, Leadership, keep things in perspective. Humble yourself and keep plugging away. "Demolish" is a strong word!

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

We put 20 on them in the first QTR mauiguy! We should have ran away with the game and we should have demolished them. OC gotta let the QB throw deep, Kealakehe is weak on pass coverage. Whatever, we going smash Waiakea and our QB going throw for 500+ yards.

MauiSun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MauiSun »

Who votes in Scoring live rankings? Lahainaluna is 0-2 in MIL D-2 rankings and yet ranked above Kamehameha-Maui at 2-0 and defeated the Lunas.