Politclyincrekt's 2015 Football Rankings & Predictions

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Politclyincrekt's 2015 Football Rankings & Predictions

Post by politclyincrekt »

Unpaid already has his thread's out and, with the season less than a month away, I'll create mine. I have a new formula that I'll be using to rank the teams this year, I'll see how it goes:

1. Mililani: Repeating as state champions is harder than ever. But if anyone can do it, it'll be the Trojans.
2: Punahou:: Punahou is coming into this season with a chip on its shoulder. Look for them to fight tooth and nail for another title shot.
3. St. Louis: If anyone is going to knock Punahou out of the state tournament, the Crusaders are gonna be the ones to do it.
4. Kahuku: Always resilient, expect the Pride of the North Shore to reload this yard and wreak havoc on the OIA Red.
5. Farrington: The boys from Kalihi are looking good this year. This may be the year the ground and pound wins it for the Govs.
6. Campbell: The dark horse as usual; consider this a vote of confidence in their abilities to grow and adapt this year.
7. KS-Kapalama: A member of the Big 3, the Warriors are poised to throw a wrench in either Punahou or St. Louis' season.
8. Iolani: I forsee the Raiders doing exceptionally well in the Division I...better than what many expect.
9. Leilehua: I don't expect anything different from the Mules this season. But who said they needed to change anything?
10. Kaiser: They beat Kahuku last year. They can probably do it again this year.
11. Kapolei: They win games they shouldn't. It won't be any different this season.
12. Lahainaluna: Their brand new stadium is going to shock teams into losses this season and post-season.
13. Waianae: Expect another slow start from the Seariders. But if they can weather the regular season storm, be ready for them in the play-offs.
14. Hilo: I expect another dominant season from the Vikings.
15. Moanalua: Like Kapolei, Moanalua can shock just about any team that hasn't prepared for them.
16. Kapaa: I am not ready to hand them the title the way Unpaid is (jk, Unpaid) but I see them doing exceptionally well in the KIF this year.
17. Maui: Expect a repeat of last year with Maui. Lahaina is still the team to beat on the Valley Isle, but Baldwin isn't going to touch the Sabers this year.
18. Damien: This is Damien's year to finally capture the ILH Division II after a long hiatus.
19. KS-Hawaii: The Warriors on the Big Island shouldn't have any problems having the BIIF all to themselves this year.
20. Castle: We saw some flashes of awesome last year with Castle and this year shouldn't be any different. Win some, lose some.
21. Aiea: Perhaps I am being optimistic; I'd really like to see Na Ali'i do well this year.
22. Konawaena: They'll blow it up in the BIIF as usual. But they aren't getting passed Kamehameha.
23. Nanakuli: They'll face stiff competition in the OIA White this year. I'm sure they'll be more than up for it, though.
24. Pac-Five: If they can keep up with Damien, they have a decent shot at getting into states. Maybe...
25. Kailua: Maybe next year...
26. Pearl City: Another OIA White contender. I expect another battle for the top this season with Nanakuli.
27. Waipahu: They might beat McKinley.
28. Kauai: They'll come out a'swingin' this season, but the KIF is a gauntlet that I can't see Kauai getting out of.
29. St. Francis: I expect a better season than last. They could even challenge Pac-Five for a shot at Damien for a berth.
30. Baldwin: Remember when Baldwin was a shoe-in for the state tournament?
31. Kealakehe: I'd certainly like to see them compete against Hilo for the BIIF Division 1.
32. Radford: Another contender that could drop a bomb in the OIA White.
33. KS-Maui: Unlike their brothers on O'ahu and the Big Island, I can't see KS-Maui as a threat to the MIL.
34. Waimea: Na Menehune could be the wild card in the KIF this year...or not.
35. Hawaii Prep: How the Ka Makani do this season could decide whether Konawaena or Kamehameha go to states.
36. McKinley: *sigh*
37. King Kekaulike: They were state champions in 2006, y'know.
38. Kalani: More spoiler than contender this year.
39. Honoka'a: The road to states goes through Kona and Keaau. And, boy, what a long road it is.
40. Waiakea: Meh.
41. Waialua: Could play spoiler to some.
42. Kaimuki: Kaimuki dominated the OIA White a few years back. Maybe they could do it again? Maybe?
43. Roosevelt: You would think that a decently sized school in town would be more kids going out for football.
44. Kalaheo: I hope Unpaid is right on this one.
45. Keaau: Whelp.
46. Anuenue: "I wish God would put your heart in some of my players' bodies." -Ara Parseghian (Rudy, 1993)
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: Politclyincrekt's All-HHSAA Football Ranking 2015

I've decided to separate the rankings by Division. It should be a little more accurate and easier to read this way.

Division I
Image - TOP TEN
1. Mililani: Repeating as state champions is harder than ever. But if anyone can do it, it'll be the Trojans.
2: Punahou:: Punahou is coming into this season with a chip on its shoulder. Look for them to fight tooth and nail for another title shot.
3. St. Louis: If anyone is going to knock Punahou out of the state tournament, the Crusaders are gonna be the ones to do it.
4. Kahuku: Always resilient, expect the Pride of the North Shore to reload this yard and wreak havoc on the OIA Red.
5. Farrington: The boys from Kalihi are looking good this year. This may be the year the ground and pound wins it for the Govs.
6. Campbell: The dark horse as usual; consider this a vote of confidence in their abilities to grow and adapt this year.
7. KS-Kapalama: A member of the Big 3, the Warriors are poised to throw a wrench in either Punahou or St. Louis' season.
8. Iolani: I forsee the Raiders doing exceptionally well in the Division I...better than what many expect.
9. Leilehua: I don't expect anything different from the Mules this season. But who said they needed to change anything?
10. Kaiser: They beat Kahuku last year. They can probably do it again this year.
Image - MID-CARD
11. Kapolei: They win games they shouldn't. It won't be any different this season.
12. Waianae: Expect another slow start from the Seariders. But if they can weather the regular season storm, be ready for them in the play-offs.
13. Hilo: I expect another dominant season from the Vikings.
14. Moanalua: Like Kapolei, Moanalua can shock just about any team that hasn't prepared for them.
15. Maui: Expect a repeat of last year with Maui. Lahaina is still the team to beat on the Valley Isle, but Baldwin isn't going to touch the Sabers this year.
16. Castle: We saw some flashes of awesome last year with Castle and this year shouldn't be any different. Win some, lose some.
17. Aiea: Perhaps I am being optimistic; I'd really like to see Na Ali'i do well this year.
18. Kailua: Maybe next year...
19. Waipahu: They might beat McKinley.
20. Baldwin: Remember when Baldwin was a shoe-in for the state tournament?
Image - EMERGING
21. Kealakehe: I'd certainly like to see them compete against Hilo for the BIIF Division 1.
22. McKinley: *sigh*
23. Waiakea: Meh.
24. Keaau: Whelp.

Division II
Image - TOP TEN
1. Lahainaluna: Their brand new stadium is going to shock teams into losses this season and post-season.
2. Kapaa: I am not ready to hand them the title the way Unpaid is (jk, Unpaid) but I see them doing exceptionally well in the KIF this year.
3. Damien: This is Damien's year to finally capture the ILH Division II after a long hiatus.
4. KS-Hawaii: The Warriors on the Big Island shouldn't have any problems having the BIIF all to themselves this year.
5. Konawaena: They'll blow it up in the BIIF as usual. But they aren't getting passed Kamehameha.
6. Nanakuli: They'll face stiff competition in the OIA White this year. I'm sure they'll be more than up for it, though.
7. Pac-Five: If they can keep up with Damien, they have a decent shot at getting into states. Maybe...
8. Pearl City: Another OIA White contender. I expect another battle for the top this season with Nanakuli.
9. Kauai: They'll come out a'swingin' this season, but the KIF is a gauntlet that I can't see Kauai getting out of.
10. St. Francis: I expect a better season than last. They could even challenge Pac-Five for a shot at Damien for a berth.
Image - MID-CARD
11. Radford: Another contender that could drop a bomb in the OIA White.
12. KS-Maui: Unlike their brothers on O'ahu and the Big Island, I can't see KS-Maui as a threat to the MIL.
13. Waimea: Na Menehune could be the wild card in the KIF this year...or not.
14. Hawaii Prep: How the Ka Makani do this season could decide whether Konawaena or Kamehameha go to states.
15. King Kekaulike: They were state champions in 2006, y'know.
16. Kalani: More spoiler than contender this year.
17. Honoka'a: The road to states goes through Kona and Keaau. And, boy, what a long road it is.
18. Waialua: Could play spoiler to some.
19. Kaimuki: Kaimuki dominated the OIA White a few years back. Maybe they could do it again? Maybe?
20. Roosevelt: You would think that a decently sized school in town would be more kids going out for football.
Image - EMERGING
21. Kalaheo: I hope Unpaid is right on this one.
22. Anuenue: "I wish God would put your heart in some of my players' bodies." -Ara Parseghian (Rudy, 1993)
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Politclyincrekt's 2015 Football Rankings & Predictions

Post by Getreal$ »

I'm not sure what leads you to believe KSH will walk through the competition on the Big Island, but I will say without a doubt Konawaena is the team to beat. Last year I kept saying KSH would beat Kona and although no one agreed with me, they did and then went on to beat Nanakuli by a 22 points. The reason I picked KSH last year was because they had studs on both sides of the line. Most of those kids are gone. The BIIF is predominately a running league and if you look back five or ten years on the teams that won championships in any division, they had a passing game that complimented the run. That's why my prediction this year is Kona will win the DII championship and Hilo will pull it out too, but it will be close between them and Kealakehe. The ability to pass the ball will separate the teams here. Hilo and Kona have QB's that can do that.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

I posted KSH above Kona because I've seen a downward trend with Konawaena over the last few seasons. The last great season they had was with Kahoali'i Karratti before he transferred to Kaiser. If anyone is going to beat KSH for the berth, it'll be Kona (no doubt). But that's "if."

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I hope you are right about Punahou taking the ILH.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

ImageImage
#4 Kahuku over #6 Campbell @ Kahuku - BIG GAME
If the game were in Ewa, it'd be another story; expect Campbell to hold their own against Kahuku, but the learning curve is simply too steep for the Sabers to overcome the Beasts of East in Kahuku.

ImageImage
#3* Damien over #17 Aiea @ Aiea
Whether poached by Mililani or simply a decline in tryouts, Aiea needs major rebuilding. It'll be close but Damien has made enough strides over the last couple of seasons that I think they'll out the win from Na Ali'i.

ImageImage
#13* Waimea over #19* Kaimuki @ Waimea
Kaimuki has to travel to Hanapepe to take on always feisty Waimea. If played on Oahu, the game would swing to Kaimuki. But traveling and a tough opponent won't be easy for the Bulldogs.

ImageImage
#10 Kaiser over #11 Kapolei @ Kapolei - BIG GAME
I expect a close, low scoring game. In recent seasons, Kapolei has shown it can grind out games with the best of them. Expect Kaiser to capitalize on Hurricane mistakes and do just enough to sneak away a win.

ImageImage
#7 KS-Kapalama over #12 Waianae @ Waianae - BIG GAME
A new head coach and their traditional slow season start, Waianae has a lot to overcome if they expect to beat a surging Kamehameha.

ImageImage
#2 Punahou over #9 Leilehua @ Leilehua - BIG GAME
Punahou should bring more fireworks to this party despite being the visiting team. Disciplined football will prevail in Wahiawa and I expect Punahou to rack up their first win of many.

ImageImage
#18 Kailua over #19 Waipahu @ Kailua
Kailua will catch a much needed break early in the season and start with momentum. It'll be close as both teams can benefit greatly from a win at the start of the season, but Kailua will pull out a win at home.

ImageImage
#16* Kalani over #7* Pac-Five @ Aloha Stadium - UPSET ALERT
I've ranked Kalani under Pac-Five because of strength of schedule among other things. However, I expect a strong performance from the Falcons against the Pac-Five and they'll start their season with a big, fat 'W'.

ImageImage
#1 Mililani over #3 St. Louis @ Mililani - GAME OF THE WEEK
This was a tough one. Don't expect St. Louis to get lit up and roll over like they did last year. This'll be a tough game for Mililani - possible the toughest until the post-season. I think the Trojans will score just enough to catch the Crusaders off guard for an early season win.

ImageImage
#8 Iolani over #12* KS-Maui @ Aloha Stadium
I guess Iolani wants to give it to one last Division II team before they hit it against the Big Boys. And poor KS-Maui has to come all the way here too.

ImageImage
#4* KS-Hawaii over #21* Kalaheo @ Kailua
We'll see a lot of improvement from Kalaheo this season. Unfortunately, KS-Hawaii is also vastly improved and they'll showcase this in Kailua.

ImageImage
#15 Maui over #21 Kealakehe @ Kealakehe
Kealakehe is a tough team. But their ground and pound won't be a match against Maui fighting for another HHSAA berth. It'll be close, especially with the game on the Big Island, but Maui will pull out a win against the Waveriders.

ImageImage
#2* Kapaa over #6* Nanakuli @ Kapolei
Nanakuli is Oahu's dream team. But Kapaa will carry Kauai over the Golden Hawks with a defensive performance that few teams in their division will be able to overcome.

ImageImage
#14 Moanalua over #23 Waiakea @ Moanalua
I absolutely love all the inter-island games that kick off the season. That being said, I suspect that I am more excited than Waiakea is. Traveling and playing anyone is hard. Moanalua is in another league from Waiakea, however, and I expect Na Menehune to take it.

ImageImage
#17* Honokaa over #18* Waialua @ Honokaa
Honokaa is fighting for a state berth and a win at home against Waialua will be huge step in the right direction. And they know it and will act on it.

*Division II Ranking

ImageImage
ImageImage
ILH Division I
It is interesting to note that the Big 3 could all potentially lose their games this week putting Iolani one game ahead of all three at the very start of the season. The pressure is on Punahou to beat Leilehua this week as both St. Louis and Kamehameha are looking for an early division lead for a playoff and a state berth.

HaterOfElitists
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Politclyincrekt's All-HHSAA Football Ranking 2015

Post by HaterOfElitists »

politclyincrekt wrote:I've decided to separate the rankings by Division. It should be a little more accurate and easier to read this way.

Division I
Image - TOP TEN
Image - MID-CARD
12. Waianae: Expect another slow start from the Seariders. But if they can weather the regular season storm, be ready for them in the play-offs.
13. Hilo: I expect another dominant season from the Vikings.
14. Moanalua: Like Kapolei, Moanalua can shock just about any team that hasn't prepared for them.
15. Maui: Expect a repeat of last year with Maui. Lahaina is still the team to beat on the Valley Isle, but Baldwin isn't going to touch the Sabers this year.
16. Castle: We saw some flashes of awesome last year with Castle and this year shouldn't be any different. Win some, lose some.
17. Aiea: Perhaps I am being optimistic; I'd really like to see Na Ali'i do well this year.
18. Kailua: Maybe next year...
19. Waipahu: They might beat McKinley.
20. Baldwin: Remember when Baldwin was a shoe-in for the state tournament?
Image - EMERGING
21. Kealakehe: I'd certainly like to see them compete against Hilo for the BIIF Division 1.
22. McKinley: *sigh*
23. Waiakea: Meh.
24. Keaau: Whelp.

Division II
Image - TOP TEN
1. Lahainaluna: Their brand new stadium is going to shock teams into losses this season and post-season.
2. Kapaa: I am not ready to hand them the title the way Unpaid is (jk, Unpaid) but I see them doing exceptionally well in the KIF this year.
3. Damien: This is Damien's year to finally capture the ILH Division II after a long hiatus.
4. KS-Hawaii: The Warriors on the Big Island shouldn't have any problems having the BIIF all to themselves this year.
5. Konawaena: They'll blow it up in the BIIF as usual. But they aren't getting passed Kamehameha.
6. Nanakuli: They'll face stiff competition in the OIA White this year. I'm sure they'll be more than up for it, though.
7. Pac-Five: If they can keep up with Damien, they have a decent shot at getting into states. Maybe...
8. Pearl City: Another OIA White contender. I expect another battle for the top this season with Nanakuli.
9. Kauai: They'll come out a'swingin' this season, but the KIF is a gauntlet that I can't see Kauai getting out of.
10. St. Francis: I expect a better season than last. They could even challenge Pac-Five for a shot at Damien for a berth.
Image - MID-CARD
11. Radford: Another contender that could drop a bomb in the OIA White.
12. KS-Maui: Unlike their brothers on O'ahu and the Big Island, I can't see KS-Maui as a threat to the MIL.
13. Waimea: Na Menehune could be the wild card in the KIF this year...or not.
14. Hawaii Prep: How the Ka Makani do this season could decide whether Konawaena or Kamehameha go to states.
15. King Kekaulike: They were state champions in 2006, y'know.
16. Kalani: More spoiler than contender this year.
17. Honoka'a: The road to states goes through Kona and Keaau. And, boy, what a long road it is.
18. Waialua: Could play spoiler to some.
19. Kaimuki: Kaimuki dominated the OIA White a few years back. Maybe they could do it again? Maybe?
20. Roosevelt: You would think that a decently sized school in town would be more kids going out for football.
Image - EMERGING
21. Kalaheo: I hope Unpaid is right on this one.
22. Anuenue: "I wish God would put your heart in some of my players' bodies." -Ara Parseghian (Rudy, 1993)
Are there as many D1 prospects for Iolani as there were in 1999, the last year they played the Big 3 twice? That team had FIVE prospects--Donny Mateaki, Uriah Moenoa, Willy Kava, Brent Wong, and Teo Bennett.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

politclyincrekt wrote:Image
ImageImage
#4 Kahuku over #6 Campbell @ Kahuku - BIG GAME
If the game were in Ewa, it'd be another story; expect Campbell to hold their own against Kahuku, but the learning curve is simply too steep for the Sabers to overcome the Beasts of East in Kahuku.

ImageImage
#3* Damien over #17 Aiea @ Aiea
Whether poached by Mililani or simply a decline in tryouts, Aiea needs major rebuilding. It'll be close but Damien has made enough strides over the last couple of seasons that I think they'll out the win from Na Ali'i.

ImageImage
#13* Waimea over #19* Kaimuki @ Waimea
Kaimuki has to travel to Hanapepe to take on always feisty Waimea. If played on Oahu, the game would swing to Kaimuki. But traveling and a tough opponent won't be easy for the Bulldogs.

ImageImage
#10 Kaiser over #11 Kapolei @ Kapolei - BIG GAME
I expect a close, low scoring game. In recent seasons, Kapolei has shown it can grind out games with the best of them. Expect Kaiser to capitalize on Hurricane mistakes and do just enough to sneak away a win.

ImageImage
#7 KS-Kapalama over #12 Waianae @ Waianae - BIG GAME
A new head coach and their traditional slow season start, Waianae has a lot to overcome if they expect to beat a surging Kamehameha.

ImageImage
#2 Punahou over #9 Leilehua @ Leilehua - BIG GAME
Punahou should bring more fireworks to this party despite being the visiting team. Disciplined football will prevail in Wahiawa and I expect Punahou to rack up their first win of many.

ImageImage
#18 Kailua over #19 Waipahu @ Kailua
Kailua will catch a much needed break early in the season and start with momentum. It'll be close as both teams can benefit greatly from a win at the start of the season, but Kailua will pull out a win at home.

ImageImage
#16* Kalani over #7* Pac-Five @ Aloha Stadium - UPSET ALERT
I've ranked Kalani under Pac-Five because of strength of schedule among other things. However, I expect a strong performance from the Falcons against the Pac-Five and they'll start their season with a big, fat 'W'.

ImageImage
#1 Mililani over #3 St. Louis @ Mililani - GAME OF THE WEEK
This was a tough one. Don't expect St. Louis to get lit up and roll over like they did last year. This'll be a tough game for Mililani - possible the toughest until the post-season. I think the Trojans will score just enough to catch the Crusaders off guard for an early season win.

ImageImage
#8 Iolani over #12* KS-Maui @ Aloha Stadium
I guess Iolani wants to give it to one last Division II team before they hit it against the Big Boys. And poor KS-Maui has to come all the way here too.

ImageImage
#4* KS-Hawaii over #21* Kalaheo @ Kailua
We'll see a lot of improvement from Kalaheo this season. Unfortunately, KS-Hawaii is also vastly improved and they'll showcase this in Kailua.

ImageImage
#15 Maui over #21 Kealakehe @ Kealakehe
Kealakehe is a tough team. But their ground and pound won't be a match against Maui fighting for another HHSAA berth. It'll be close, especially with the game on the Big Island, but Maui will pull out a win against the Waveriders.

ImageImage
#2* Kapaa over #6* Nanakuli @ Kapolei
Nanakuli is Oahu's dream team. But Kapaa will carry Kauai over the Golden Hawks with a defensive performance that few teams in their division will be able to overcome.

ImageImage
#14 Moanalua over #23 Waiakea @ Moanalua
I absolutely love all the inter-island games that kick off the season. That being said, I suspect that I am more excited than Waiakea is. Traveling and playing anyone is hard. Moanalua is in another league from Waiakea, however, and I expect Na Menehune to take it.

ImageImage
#17* Honokaa over #18* Waialua @ Honokaa
Honokaa is fighting for a state berth and a win at home against Waialua will be huge step in the right direction. And they know it and will act on it.

*Division II Ranking

ImageImage
ImageImage
ILH Division I
It is interesting to note that the Big 3 could all potentially lose their games this week putting Iolani one game ahead of all three at the very start of the season. The pressure is on Punahou to beat Leilehua this week as both St. Louis and Kamehameha are looking for an early division lead for a playoff and a state berth.
I follow BIIF Football really close and I am really interested to know what you may know about KSHawaii that I don't. You claim KS Hawaii has "Vastly improved?" in what way? Are you claiming that this years team is better than last year? So in your analysis they replaced Pono Davis, Alapaki Iaea, Preston Kalai, Micah Kanehailua, Chase Peneku, Kamaka Aiona, Grant Shiroma, Caleb Babtiste, Ryan Sanborn, Makani Pau, Isaiah Tauati and Bulla Rabang......all starters and all graduated. Wow, if they vastly improved over last year and those kids, Kalaheo is in big trouble and the BIIF to include Hilo will be no competitio. The list above includes two POY, 8 1st All BIIF and the rest Honorable mention.

SRJC
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by SRJC »

I don't think lahaina should be ranked so high they lost so much to graduation. I still think they will win M.I.L but Kapaa on paper looks very strong.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Rankings came out late this week. I'll try to get them in earlier. DNPs act as barriers for rank promotion and relegation so as not to give teams with byes any advantages or disadvantages in the rankings.

Division I
Image - TOP TEN
-1. 000.00 Mililani (0-0): DNP. McKinley next.
-2: 070.00 Punahou: (1-0): Really laid the hurt on Leilehua. Hilo next.
-3. 000.00 St. Louis (0-0): DNP. Bye next.
-4. 500.00 Kahuku (1-0): The Red Raiders are rolling early this season. #7 Kapolei next.
-5. 000.00 Farrington (0-0): DNP. Waipahu next.
6. 025.38 KS-Kapalama (1-0): Recovered against a quick-to-score Waianae. Baldwin next.
7. 017.50 Kapolei (1-0): #4 Kahuku next.
-8. 017.15 Iolani (1-0): Beat up Division II KS-Maui. Kealakehe next.
9. 000.57 Kaiser (0-1): Didn't do as well as some thought vs. Kapolei. Aiea next.
10. 000.39 Waianae (0-1): Lost to KS-Kapalama after taking early lead. Moanalua next.
Image - MID-CARD
11. 000.14 Leilehua (0-1): Facing Punahou early on is never easy. Kailua next.
12. 000.00 Campbell (0-1): Couldn't get the gears going against Kahuku. Castle next.
-13. 00.000 Hilo (0-0): DNP. #2 Punahou next.
-14. 088.57 Moanalua (1-0): Really beat up Waiakea. #10 Waianae next.
18. 014.17 Kailua (1-0): Maybe this year... Leilehua next.
16. 000.93 Aiea (0-1): Lost a close one to Division II Damien. #9 Kaiser next.
17. 000.71Castle (0-1): Lost to a resurgent Kailua. Campbell next.
18. 000.25 Maui (0-1): Lost big to Kealakehe. Bye next.
-19. 000.00 Waipahu (0-0): DNP. #5 Farrington next.
-20. 000.00 Baldwin (0-0): DNP. #6 KS-Kapalama next.
Image - EMERGING
-21. 040.00 Kealakehe (1-0): An early win against Maui could prove useful later. #8 Iolani next.
22. 000.11 Waiakea (0-1): Couldn't stop Moanalua. Waimea next.
23. 000.09 Keaau (0-1): Wheels fell off against Lahainaluna. Honokaa next.
24. 000.00 McKinley (0-1): Blanked by Division II Roosevelt. #1 Mililani next.

Division II
Image - TOP TEN
-1. 108.33 Lahainaluna (1-0): Lahaina's real test comes this week. #2 Kapaa next.
-2. 050.000 Kapaa (1-0): Will challenge Lahainaluna for the crown this year. #1 Lahainaluna next.
3. 017.50 KS-Hawaii (1-0): Went to O'ahu and beat Kalaheo. King Kekaulike next.
4. 010.77 Damien (1-0): Damien could do it this year. #9 Kauai next.
-5. Konawaena: DNP. #10 St. Francis next.
6. 005.72 Pac-Five (1-0): Stole a last minute win from Kalani. Waimea next.
7. 000.10 Nanakuli (0-1): Tough loss to Kapa'a. Kalaheo next.
-8. Pearl City (0-0): DNP. Roosevelt next.
-9. Kauai (0-0): DNP. Bye next.
-10. 310.00 St. Francis (1-0): One doesn't drop 62 points simply because of luck. #5 Konawaena next.
Image - MID-CARD
11. 000.00 Radford (0-0): DNP. Anuenue next.
12. 065.00 Waimea (1-0): Started the season off right over Kaimuki. D1 Waiakea next.
13. 000.29 KS-Maui (0-1): Iolani's final victim this season. Bye next.
-14. 000.00 Hawaii Prep (0-0): DNP. Bye next.
-15. 000.00 King Kekaulike (0-0): DNP. #3 KS-Hawaii next.
16. 390.00 Roosevelt (1-0): Blanked Division I McKinley. #8 Pear City next.
17. 011.43 Waialua (1-0): Spoiled Honoka'a's season opener. Kalani next.
18. 000.88 Kalani (0-0): Lost a close one to Pac-Five. Waialua next.
19. 000.44 Honoka'a (0-1): Lost to Waialua. Bye next.
20. 000.29 Kalaheo (0-1): Lost to visiting KS-Hawaii. #7 Nanakuli next.
Image - EMERGING
21. 000.00 Kaimuki (0-1): Blanked by Waimea. Bye next.
22. 000.00 Anuenue (0-1): Blanked by St. Francis. Radford next.
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:21 am, edited 8 times in total.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Last Week's Score: 9 of 13 (0.692)
Overall: 9 of 13 (0.692)

ImageImage Key Game
#4 Kahuku Red Raiders over #7 Kapolei Hurricanes @ Kapolei
This game can make or break either teams' momentum headed into the regular season. Looking at the chart, we can see that Kahuku's strong suit is Kapolei's weakness. Kahuku's defense is simply too strong on the run for Kapolei to stop it. Kahuku's run defense is also impeccable. Kapolei will have to depend on its air game if it wants the win. The Hurricanes will also have to shore up their defense.

ImageImage
Leilehua Mules vs. Kailua Surfriders @ Kailua
Both teams are in different places this early in the season. Leilehua will recover from last weeks loss to Punahou with a win over Kailua (who is coming of a huge win against rival Castle).

ImageImage UPSET ALERT - KEY GAME
Moanalua Na Menehune over #10 Waianae Seariders @ Moanalua
Moanalua is coming into this week with a huge wave of momentum. Waianae, on the other, is still getting used to its new system. Depending on the outcome, Moanalua could reach a very favorable 2-0 in the OIA Blue or both teams will reach a mid-card 1-1.

ImageImage
#9 Kaiser Cougars over Aiea Na Ali'i @ Aiea
Both teams are coming off tough losses. Expect Kaiser to run past Aiea to rebound this week.

ImageImage
#1 Mililani Trojans over McKinley Tigers @ Roosevelt
Mililani is simply too much for any team right now. Especially for McKinley, who is coming off a blanking loss to Roosevelt.

ImageImage
#5 Farrington Governors @ Waipahu Marauders @ Aloha Stadium
Farrington will show what kind of firepower it has this season.

ImageImage UPSET ALERT
Castle Knights over Campbell Sabers @ Aloha Stadium
I'm jumping on the Knight train here. Campbell has a lot to fix and I see Castle taking advantage.

ImageImage
#2 Punahou Buffnblu over Hilo Vikings @ Punahou
Punahou is looking too strong at the moment for Hilo to compete. Let's home the game will be closer than last week's though.

ImageImage UPSET ALERT
Kealakehe Waveriders over #8 Iolani Raiders @ Iolani
The Raiders open their 2015 Division I slate vs. Kealakehe. Kealakehe appears stronger than the ebb of last year.

ImageImage
#6 KS-Kapalama Warriors over Baldwin Bears @ Kamehameha
We've seen what Kamehameha is capable of. This will be our first gauge of Baldwin's strength headed into the MIL season.

ImageImage
Waimea Na Menehune over Waiakea Warriors @ Wong Stadium
Waimea is on a roll early with a win over Kaimuki. The opposite is true for Waiakea. The Warriors don't have enough for a win against a visiting Waimea.

ImageImage
#3* Damien Monarchs over #9* Kauai Raiders
Damien looks to be on a mission this year and Kauai isn't going to stop them.

ImageImage
#5* Konawaena Wild Cats over #10* St. Francis Saints @ Konawaena
St. Francis is riding high off a resounding win over Anuenue. Kona, however, is just the team to kill that momentum.

ImageImage
#4* KS-Hawaii Warriors over King Kekaulike Na Alii @ King Kekaulike
KS-Hawaii already has experience visiting a neighbor island. Although they may be very tired from the traveling, I foresee another win for the Warriors.

ImageImage GAME OF THE WEEK
#1 Lahainaluna Lunas over #2 Kapaa Warriors @ Kapaa Stadium
It's not too often that we have a clash of the titans this early in the season. Expect a lot of fireworks as Lahaina's offense moves against Kapaa's defense.

ImageImage
#8* Pearl City Chargers over Roosevelt Rough Riders @ Roosevelt
Roosevelt should play with more heart coming off their huge win against rival McKinley, but I don't expect Pearl City to show any mercy.

ImageImage KEY GAME
Kalani Falcons over Waialua Bulldogs @ Waialua
Waialua's surprise win over Honoka'a showed lots of promise. Kalani, however, is on a mission to the play-offs. I expect a very close win by the Falcons. Although very early, this game could be the decider between the two over who is going to the OIA White play-offs.

ImageImage
Radford Rams over Anuenue Na Koa @ Kaiser
Anuenue forfeiture.

ImageImage
#7* Nanakuli Golden Hawks over Kalaheo Mustangs @ Kailua
Both teams are coming off tough losses to neighbor island teams. Nanakuli, though, has more firepower than Kalaheo does and I expect a win for the Hawks.

*Division II ranking

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Big surprises this week! Many changes in the rankings too! Teams playing their third game this week will see their formula's change.

EDIT - Miscalculated some of the power scores.

Division I
Image - TOP TEN
1: 112.14 Punahou: (2-0): Blanked visiting Hilo. Moves to #1 for now. Del Oro next.
2. 052.14 Mililani (1-0): Dominated McKinley. Campbell next.
-3. 000.00 St. Louis (0-0): DNP. Fagaitua next.
-4. 310.50 Kahuku (2-0): Grounded Kapolei. Kaiser next.
-5. 076.67 Farrington (1-0): Farrington also wants to throw. #8 Iolani next.
-6. 045.77 KS-Kapalama (2-0): Blanked visiting Baldwin. Hilo next.
7. 045.28 Moanalua (1-1): Overtime loss to Waianae. Aiea next.
-8. 038.93 Iolani (2-0): Blanked Kealakehe. #5 Farrington next.
9. 015.11 Kailua (2-0): The Surfriders are the only 2-0 team in the OIA Blue. #10 Kapolei next.
10. 009.26 Kapolei (1-1): Lost to Kahuku. Kailua next. #9 Kailua next.
Image - MID-CARD
11. 005.73 Aiea (1-1): Outlasted Kaiser. #6 Moanalua next.
12. 004.67 Castle (1-1): Beat Campbell in a nail-biter. Waianae next.
13. 004.60 Waianae (1-1): OT shootout win vs. Moanalua. Castle next.
14. 000.65 Kaiser (0-2): Lost a shocker to Aiea. #4 Kahuku next.
15. 000.21 Leilehua (0-2): Lost to a surging Kailua. Bye next.
16. 000.19 Campbell (0-2): Things get worse for Campbell. #2 Mililani next.
17. 00.000 Hilo (0-1): Blanked by Punahou. #7 KS-Kapalama next.
-18. 000.25 Maui (0-1): DNP. King Kekaulike next.
19. 020.32 Kealakehe (1-1): Blanked by Iolani. Vincent Massey next.
20. 000.13 Waipahu (0-1): McKinley next.
Image - EMERGING
21. 000.17 Waiakea (0-2): KS-Hawaii next.
22. 000.00 Baldwin (0-1): Blanked by KS-Kapalama. Vincent Massey next.
-23. 000.09 Keaau (0-1): DNP. Honokaa next.
-24. 000.06 McKinley (0-2): Finally on the board. Waipahu next.

Division II
Image - TOP TEN
-1. 056.04 Lahainaluna (1-1): The scoring gap between Lahaina and Kapaa has lowered by a lot. KS-Maui next.
2. 038.75 KS-Hawaii (2-0): D1 Waiakea next.
3. 033.50 Kapaa (2-0): Defeated Lahainaluna at home. Bye next.
4. 018.00 Konawaena: Convincing win over a seemingly dominant St. Francis. #9 Kauai next.
5. 012.00 Pearl City (1-0): Waialua next.
6. 009.14 Damien (2-0): Damien is 2-0. Time to pay attention. Hawaii Prep next.
7. 005.72 Pac-Five (1-0): DNP. Waimea next.
8. 002.26 Nanakuli (1-1): Bye next.
-9. 000.55 Kauai (0-1): #4 Konawaena next.
-10.* 156.89 St. Francis (1-1): Honokaa next.
Image - MID-CARD
11. 000.00 Radford (0-0): DNP. Roosevelt next.
12. 046.79 Waimea (2-0): #6 Pac-Five next.
13. 000.29 KS-Maui (0-1): DNP. #1 Lahainaluna next.
-14. 000.00 Hawaii Prep (0-0): DNP. #5 Damien next.
15. 196.64 Roosevelt (1-1): Radford next.
16. 010.13 Waialua (2-0): #7 Pearl City next.
17. 000.85 Kalani (0-2): Kalaheo next.
18. 000.00 King Kekaulike (0-1): Maui next.
-19. 000.44 Honoka'a (0-1): DNP. #10 St. Francis next.
-20. 000.35 Kalaheo (0-2): Kalani next.
Image - EMERGING
-21. 000.00 Kaimuki (0-1): DNP. Anuenue next.
-22. 000.00 Anuenue (0-2): DNP. Kaimuki next.

*I normally would not intervene in the rankings like I did here but I simply cannot allow St. Francis or Roosevelt to get ahead because of their blow outs of Anuenue and McKinley alone.
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@politclyincrekt: I don't think Roosevelt can get past Nanakuli (and, Roosevelt lost to Pearl City on Friday), but I suspect that St Francis will get past Damien, and take ILH D2. I agree that Kapaa should be ranked #1 in D2.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

These rankings are a numbers game. These early blow outs are giving me crazy numbers. Everything should sort itself out as we get into the meat of the season. I'd honestly lift Kapaa over Lahainaluna but the latters Week 1 blowout has kept them on top. And as the season progresses, the KIF teams actually have a disadvantage in the rankings as they have no Division 1 competition to buff their strength of schedule (the BIIF actually have the toughest schedule IMO). The way the formula works, Kapaa will need to win by pretty big margins if they want to stay on top the rankings.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Ah, you called the Castle upset of Campbell, politclyincrekt. Good to see my alma mater not giving in to the bigger team with much more depth. I think they only had 27 suited up and had 26 after Keola Lewis was injured.

In my day the enrollment at Castle was over 2700 and now hovers around 1200. I don't know how Nelson Maeda does it except to instill a "no excuses" attitude with great kids who buy in. Ewaliko to McGoldrick makes me think of the old Kaloi to Wagner connection. Hopefully they stay injury free.