unpaid pre-season D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: unpaid pre-season D-I football

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
unpaid wrote:Been reading scrimmage reports from media and board members and a few things stand out to me.

St.Louis's football team is more of a work in progress apparently.So far they appear to need some help to get really competitive. Kamehameha seems like a more complete team on both sides of the ball than St.Louis or even Punahou.
Iolani 3-1 score advantage over Waianae is something you have to take notice of. I don't have Waianae ranked right now but keeping those big SeaRider kids out of the endzone for the majority of that scrimmage speaks well for Iolani.
They are going to put up a good fight in ILH D-I,I think.

Kahuku's offense appears to be much improved over last year.The Red Raiders might be back on top at the end of the year.

Mililani took on three of Hawaii's best and look to be the favorites to take the state title.
1. The Star-Advertiser is running its annual Top-Ten countdown. Tomorrow to Thursday will tell who #s 4 through 1 will be. I had originally thought St Louis would be #3, but based on your post, they might be announced tomorrow as #4.
2. I would say Kamehameha is certainly a balanced team, but that doesn't necessarily make them outstanding. With the graduation of Apelu, they have no blue-chip RBs. (They have a number of RBs, but none of them are blue-chippers). Kamehameha was announced in today's Star-Advertiser as the #5 team, so that tells me right there that they're not as good as either St Louis or Punahou. (I'm assuming Punahou will be ranked #2). Looks like Kamehameha's strength this year is their D-line (not including their LBs. St Louis has a huge advantage at LB).
3. Iolani is ranked #10, while Waianae is unranked. (I assume it's safe to say that Waianae won't be appearing in the Star-Advertiser as anywhere in the top four). Perhaps, then, it's not surprising that Iolani beat Waianae in that scrimmage. Also, consider that Iolani is fairly big on the line. (Although, I'm assuming Waianae is big on the line, too. When was the last time Waianae was small on the line?)
4. Kahuku might be on top at the end of the year? I don't think they'll be able to get past Mililani. I see Mililani taking it all again.
2010 my friend. Ironically, that's the same year that Waianae took on St. Louis in the state final. Maxpreps can tell you that there were only about 10 kids on that 2010 team over 200 lbs.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

rrforlifebaby wrote:Time will tell who is the last D1 team standing at the end of the season.
Just a couple of observations from watching the videos of Kahuku-mililani
1) trojans seemed to to be too fired up for a scrimmage, imho. I think in his arrogance, york obviously wanted to send a message that scrimmages or not, they are king.
2) milton was lucky to come out without getting dinged up considering the amount if time he played in the scrimmage....good thing Big Red's defenders weren't up to par in their tackling.
3) Big Red has a nice stable of horses, tata and hao will diversify the O, but it looks like if necessary, the running game can carry the team until the passing game comes around.
4) yes, our D gave up 44pts in the scrimmage, but all the mistakes are fixable. By playoffs, this will be another bad azz Red Raider D.
5) Dominant running game and Bad Azz D.....hmmmmm.....sound familiar high school football fans? Trojans may be the favorites and rightly so with that explosive O, but its not a lock for them to repeat.

I still dont have much respect for the trojans D. They were a good D last year, but there O made it easier for them.
Kahuku's lack of O and Farrington 's lack of a bunch of stuff last year were factors in trojans going undefeated.

But, at the end of the day, all that matters is beating who you need to beat on the field, and the trojans did that last year.

Wishing all the teams good luck in this new season
RRFL!!!
:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
i watched the videos also and i don't see where your getting at Mililani being arrogant. Was following the live blog and they said the scrimmage had a different intensity than a normal scrimmage. Sounds like you're just making stuff up to bring them down because you guys took the L again. =;

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

2k_Hawaii wrote:
rrforlifebaby wrote:Time will tell who is the last D1 team standing at the end of the season.
1) trojans seemed to to be too fired up for a scrimmage, imho. I think in his arrogance, york obviously wanted to send a message that scrimmages or not, they are king.
2) milton was lucky to come out without getting dinged up considering the amount if time he played in the scrimmage....good thing Big Red's defenders weren't up to par in their tackling.
3) Big Red has a nice stable of horses, tata and hao will diversify the O, but it looks like if necessary, the running game can carry the team until the passing game comes around.
4) yes, our D gave up 44pts in the scrimmage, but all the mistakes are fixable. By playoffs, this will be another bad azz Red Raider D.
5) Dominant running game and Bad Azz D.....hmmmmm.....sound familiar high school football fans? Trojans may be the favorites and rightly so with that explosive O, but its not a lock for them to repeat.

I still dont have much respect for the trojans D. They were a good D last year, but there O made it easier for them.
Kahuku's lack of O and Farrington 's lack of a bunch of stuff last year were factors in trojans going undefeated.

But, at the end of the day, all that matters is beating who you need to beat on the field, and the trojans did that last year.

RRFL!!!
i watched the videos also and i don't see where your getting at Mililani being arrogant. Was following the live blog and they said the scrimmage had a different intensity than a normal scrimmage. Sounds like you're just making stuff up to bring them down because you guys took the L again. =;
over the years i notice york wears his emotions on his sleeve, 2012 he had a good squad and kahuku thrashed them in the playoffs and he showed his frustration in interviews he dont got good poker face. now he got a killer offense and he is trying to rub it in that they good.

mckanzie played 3 quraters in a scrimmage? punahous 1st qb only played two series.
first time ever at a scrimmage the score board running? he tryin to rub it in peoples faces that they can score?
arrogance at its finest because if it werent for the out of district players mills is really still middle of the pack in the west.
every dog has there day
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

2k_Hawaii wrote:

RRFL!!!
Hmmm, sour grapes for Losing in a scrimmage? No. But you believe and say what you like, free country.
Band, cheerleaders, leaving in Milton, emphasizing how Big Red scored on their 2's(even though a writer mentioned how liberal the substituting was)....Arrogance.

I was going to mention the actions of some Trojan players, but I was a teenager once and it's not like some Big Red players haven't played with more "enthusiasm" than necessary....but as for my sentence above, I stand by it.
GO BIG RED!!

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Nah nah ni bu bu mililani spanked kahuku lol cheee

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

If we are to take scrimmages seriously, Iolani's victory over Waianae should indicate that they are in D1 to stay. That'd better be the case because that's the way it should be! Aren't some of their best players--that D-lineman Carl Lima, the D-back Keahi Huang, and the running back Steve Suzuki, as well as one of the QBs that played (Tai-John Mizutani)--just sophomores?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Yup. Heard York say Kahuku scored on their two's. Lol. Ahhh, isn't a scrimmage about mixing and evaluating people?

Markeke
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Markeke »

Got a feeling, that the end of the OIA season will be Mililani vs.Kahuku. Amazing when you consider two rookie coaches in two years. Gotta be about the lids FB IQ.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Markeke wrote:Yup. Heard York say Kahuku scored on their two's. Lol. Ahhh, isn't a scrimmage about mixing and evaluating people?
and thas why he need to be just humble and no show emotion because he put his foot in da mouf. the injured kesi is our #1 qb so in fact our #2 n #3 qb play the entire scrimmage against trojans 1st an 2nd teamers.
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Markeke wrote:Got a feeling, that the end of the OIA season will be Mililani vs.Kahuku. Amazing when you consider two rookie coaches in two years. Gotta be about the kids FB IQ.
dass right kahuku kids are born n bred from laie park big boy in our own yard, puns n stlouis deplete our kids and think they breeding them, nope.
also tata n hao (wish them best) but those crusader alumni better leave that crusader pride in town when they come contry they fobs like us,
2010 2011 2012 with reggie prove that kahuku can pass teh ball and smash everyone, when we dont know how pas that because our best skills player get recruit to puns stlouos. this year some of our skilled players returned, also sefo from samoa play with my nephew in big boy now hes back. all original laie park.
-------------------

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

Markeke wrote:Yup. Heard York say Kahuku scored on their two's. Lol. Ahhh, isn't a scrimmage about mixing and evaluating people?
Maybe he was still a little salty after his Mill Vill big boys team put up a goose egg against Laie Park Raiders this past spring.

Aitorahi
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Nah nah ni bu bu mililani spanked kahuku lol cheee
Lol. I think it's time for your cookie, milk, and nap.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gopunahou wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
unpaid wrote:Been reading scrimmage reports from media and board members and a few things stand out to me.

St.Louis's football team is more of a work in progress apparently.So far they appear to need some help to get really competitive. Kamehameha seems like a more complete team on both sides of the ball than St.Louis or even Punahou.
Iolani 3-1 score advantage over Waianae is something you have to take notice of. I don't have Waianae ranked right now but keeping those big SeaRider kids out of the endzone for the majority of that scrimmage speaks well for Iolani.
They are going to put up a good fight in ILH D-I,I think.

Kahuku's offense appears to be much improved over last year.The Red Raiders might be back on top at the end of the year.

Mililani took on three of Hawaii's best and look to be the favorites to take the state title.
1. The Star-Advertiser is running its annual Top-Ten countdown. Tomorrow to Thursday will tell who #s 4 through 1 will be. I had originally thought St Louis would be #3, but based on your post, they might be announced tomorrow as #4.
2. I would say Kamehameha is certainly a balanced team, but that doesn't necessarily make them outstanding. With the graduation of Apelu, they have no blue-chip RBs. (They have a number of RBs, but none of them are blue-chippers). Kamehameha was announced in today's Star-Advertiser as the #5 team, so that tells me right there that they're not as good as either St Louis or Punahou. (I'm assuming Punahou will be ranked #2). Looks like Kamehameha's strength this year is their D-line (not including their LBs. St Louis has a huge advantage at LB).
3. Iolani is ranked #10, while Waianae is unranked. (I assume it's safe to say that Waianae won't be appearing in the Star-Advertiser as anywhere in the top four). Perhaps, then, it's not surprising that Iolani beat Waianae in that scrimmage. Also, consider that Iolani is fairly big on the line. (Although, I'm assuming Waianae is big on the line, too. When was the last time Waianae was small on the line?)
4. Kahuku might be on top at the end of the year? I don't think they'll be able to get past Mililani. I see Mililani taking it all again.
2010 my friend. Ironically, that's the same year that Waianae took on St. Louis in the state final. Maxpreps can tell you that there were only about 10 kids on that 2010 team over 200 lbs.
@gopunahou: Oh, yeah. Now I remember; they did mention that back then, didn't they? Well, that's certainly the exception that proves the rule. Almost every year, Waianae is physically big.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

This was Waianae's 2010 roster: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/wa ... roster.htm

I wonder if they are as "small" as Iolani is this year. And also, do you think the turnout will drop or improve with the new coach? Waianae returning to their days of glory would be great for the OIA, although Mililani seems to have taken their place as Kahuku's biggest OIA threat.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Aitorahi wrote:
Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Nah nah ni bu bu mililani spanked kahuku lol cheee
Lol. I think it's time for your cookie, milk, and nap.
Yez BlEeeEzzzZZ ;)