unpaid pre-season D-I football

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

unpaid pre-season D-I football

Post by unpaid »

Here is my way too subjective evaluation of D-I football teams for 2015. I don'T follow transfers,so if you know of any players who are now on another team,let us know.

1.Mililani.The Trojans have a little bit of everything and I think they will repeat as champs.McKenzie Milton can hand off to Vaevae Malepeai and throw to Kalakaua Timoteo.300-lb Andru Tovi blocks.The defense features DL's Kaimana Padello,Kahewai Kaaiawaawa ,and Tielu Mamea.

2.Kahuku.You saw what the Red Raiders did with defense last year and this years defense might be even better.If there is any team that could parlay that into a state championship,it is Kahuku.It begins with 6-1 210-lb Mana Atuatia at LB.Other backers are Siopele Naupoto and 6-3 200 lb Hirkley Latu. DB Keala Santiago scours the defensive backfield.Kicker Gabriel Pihneiro-Alves is a good one. RB/KR Kesi Ah-Hoy returns on offense.

3.Punahou. The O is still in good hands with pro-size QB Ephraim Tuliloa,RB Wayne Taulapapa and big 6-3 270-lb Kanai Eldredge blocking. PK John Toner can change a game in one snap.

4.St.Louis. The Crusaders should score a ton of points this year. Big 300+lb Nate Herbig blocks for QB Tua Tagovailoa who can hand off to RB Jahred Silofau or throw to speedy 6-2 WR Drew Kobayashi. There are a couple of heralded defensive players coming to shore up what has been a Crusader weakness lately. If they produce,the Crusaders could be a title contender in 2015.

5.Farrington. The Governors have the players for another solid,if not championship, year. Big RB Challen Faamatu will grind out yards on land.

6.Campbell. The Sabers lost a lot to graduation. 200-lb RB Terrell Johnson is a start for rebuilding.LB Tyson Tafai 190-lb is a defensive standout.

7.Kamehameha. The Warriors have some studs returning on offense with Fatu Sua-Godinet at QB.He can hand off to RB Jordan Bayudan or chuck it to WR Kumoku Noa. OL Chris Jordan Ulufale is a load at 320-lbs.LB Tainoa Foster 190-lbs is waiting to hit somebody on defense.

8.Maui.I think the Sabers can make it two in a row in MIL D-I.although they may have had some key players transfer out.

9.Moanalua. Michael Feliciano 180-lb RB is the one to watch on offense.LB Kea Rodriques and DB/WR Kyle Bender lead the way on defense.

10.Kaiser. The Cougars window might close after this year so they need to make the most out of OL Michael Eletise 6-3 300-lb and speedy RB Jensen McDaniel in 2015.
Last edited by unpaid on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Re: unpaid pre-season D-I football

Post by gridiron22 »

The top seven you have listed are the big football schools that always have underclassmen stepping up regardless of what they lose to graduation.
Transfers, as always, will be a huge factor in determining which of these schools will separate themselves from the rest of the pack and play at an elite level.

St. Louis will be the team to beat this year, they scored at will against Mililani last year and now this year they have the defense to stop the trojans.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

unpaid wrote:5.Farrington. The Governors have the players for another solid,if not championship, year.LB Jeremiah Pritchard leads the returnees. Big RB Challen Faamatu will grind out yards on land.DL Seufagafaga Luafatasaga 6-2 213.stands out on the DL.
Seu all done as a Gov '15 last season......now supposedly headed to Arizona Western College this coming season......to join older bro David.

MauiSun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MauiSun »

8.Maui.I think the Sabers can make it two in a row in MIL D-I. Standouts include 5-7 200-lb sparkplug runner/LB Daniel Kelley and TE/DL Tristan Nichols 6-4 240 lb.
Daniel Kelly has moved to Utah, word is Tristan Nichols and 2 starting O-lineman for Baldwin and a receiver for Kamehameha-Maui have all transferred to St. Louis

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Thanks for the updates and corrections.I have updated my team capsules accordingly.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

MauiSun wrote:8.Maui.I think the Sabers can make it two in a row in MIL D-I. Standouts include 5-7 200-lb sparkplug runner/LB Daniel Kelley and TE/DL Tristan Nichols 6-4 240 lb.
Daniel Kelly has moved to Utah, word is Tristan Nichols and 2 starting O-lineman for Baldwin and a receiver for Kamehameha-Maui have all transferred to St. Louis
Too bad about Daniel Kelly's transfer. He's a great player and would have helped Maui's offense. JMHO, not a smart move by Tristan Nichols, the best TE on Maui. No room for a TE on a team that swears by the 4-wide offense (spread). Perhaps he should have looked for a different team with an offense that would suit his position better. Also, I don't see him as an impact player at DE...wasn't even the best DE on his team, let alone in the MIL this past season. Too bad they all transferred, however, wish them all well.

BullNuts808
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: the off season

Post by BullNuts808 »

MauiGuy wrote:
MauiSun wrote:8.Maui.I think the Sabers can make it two in a row in MIL D-I. Standouts include 5-7 200-lb sparkplug runner/LB Daniel Kelley and TE/DL Tristan Nichols 6-4 240 lb.
Too bad about Daniel Kelly's transfer. He's a great player and would have helped Maui's offense. JMHO, not a smart move by Tristan Nichols, the best TE on Maui. No room for a TE on a team that swears by the 4-wide offense (spread). Perhaps he should have looked for a different team with an offense that would suit his position better. Also, I don't see him as an impact player at DE...wasn't even the best DE on his team, let alone in the MIL this past season. Too bad they all transferred, however, wish them all well.
Maui? Fo real. Isn't that the Maui that lost to the Lunas (D2) and then Farrington with all those guys that transferred this year? Interesting.

IolaniC/O2009
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IolaniC/O2009 »

I think Iolani will do better than lots of people think. We won't be ilh champs but we won't lose every game by 80 points. We might even beat one of the D-I teams. It helps that we play two of them (Punahou and Kamehemeha) at home.

SM96753
All-conference
All-conference

Post by SM96753 »

MauiSun wrote: 2 starting O-lineman for Baldwin have all transferred to St. Louis
Are you thinking of the Finau brothers?

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

SM96753 wrote:
MauiSun wrote: 2 starting O-lineman for Baldwin have all transferred to St. Louis
Are you thinking of the Finau brothers?
I'm wondering the same thing???

MauiSun
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MauiSun »

Yes! it is the Finau brothers.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Are things so bad that I may never have a Neighbor Isand team ranked because all the best players at Hilo,Maui,Kealakehe,Baldwin, etc wind up transferring to Oahu schools?

Public to private is still without penalty right? So ,the biggest ,most successful private schools are on Oahu,so the BIg Three stand to benefit the most from the new OIA transfer rules that kick in this fall,right?

mulesboi
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mulesboi »

unpaid wrote:Are things so bad that I may never have a Neighbor Isand team ranked because all the best players at Hilo,Maui,Kealakehe,Baldwin, etc wind up transferring to Oahu schools?

Public to private is still without penalty right? So ,the biggest ,most successful private schools are on Oahu,so the BIg Three stand to benefit the most from the new OIA transfer rules that kick in this fall,right?
I agree the Big 3 does benefit the most from the outer island transfers, but the only school from the Big 3 who's getting all the transfers within the last two years is St. Louis.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

The St.Louis-Mililani game on opening weekend Aug.8 could be only the first round as both teams could be in the state final at the end of the year.I think Mililani takes the interleague game.The Crusader defense figures to be improved but that improvement will be coming from players who had to sit out last year and will be getting their chemistry tested on the field with their new teammates in the first game of the season against a more than able opponent who is the defending state champion.

The drama stays intense in the immediate weeks following the Crusader-Trojan tilt for two reasons. One,people will be anticipating a rematch at states. Two,there will be a common opponent comparison to add to the debate as both teams will play a highly-regarded Liberty,Nevada team in the ensuing weeks after St.Louis-Mililani I.

Will there be a St.Louis-Mililani II in 2015?

What games do you think will be setting the tone for 2015 early in the football season?

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

unpaid wrote:The St.Louis-Mililani game on opening weekend Aug.8 could be only the first round as both teams could be in the state final at the end of the year.I think Mililani takes the interleague game.The Crusader defense figures to be improved but that improvement will be coming from players who had to sit out last year and will be getting their chemistry tested on the field with their new teammates in the first game of the season against a more than able opponent who is the defending state champion.

The drama stays intense in the immediate weeks following the Crusader-Trojan tilt for two reasons. One,people will be anticipating a rematch at states. Two,there will be a common opponent comparison to add to the debate as both teams will play a highly-regarded Liberty,Nevada team in the ensuing weeks after St.Louis-Mililani I.

Will there be a St.Louis-Mililani II in 2015?

What games do you think will be setting the tone for 2015 early in the football season?
Highly regarded? If either of those teams loses to Liberty (unless Punahou runs away with it this year) Hawaii's reputation would be crippled.