Hoops!

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Hoops!

Post by bandits1 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:Well, back in preseason, remember that Kalaheo got smashed by McKinley. Also, Farrington beat Kalaheo on its way to the OIA title game against Kahuku. And, there was a time--perhaps several weeks ago--when Punahou looked unstoppable. And, now that Iolani beat Campbell, I'm hoping that Kalaheo gets past Kahuku and beats Iolani for the state title. I'd be OK with Kahuku beating Kalaheo, except that I think Kalaheo would have a better chance of beating Iolani.
Nah, I wasn't really talking about who beat who or when, especially not back in preseason, more about the talent level, length, style of play, etc... that I saw in the games I've watched. Kalaheo impressed me the most and by a fair amount. They're usually attacking, they don't often do that hold-the-ball-for-an-entire-half-just-to-get-one-good-shot nonsense like many teams do. Truly boring stuff.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

bandits1 wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:Well, back in preseason, remember that Kalaheo got smashed by McKinley. Also, Farrington beat Kalaheo on its way to the OIA title game against Kahuku. And, there was a time--perhaps several weeks ago--when Punahou looked unstoppable. And, now that Iolani beat Campbell, I'm hoping that Kalaheo gets past Kahuku and beats Iolani for the state title. I'd be OK with Kahuku beating Kalaheo, except that I think Kalaheo would have a better chance of beating Iolani.
Nah, I wasn't really talking about who beat who or when, especially not back in preseason, more about the talent level, length, style of play, etc... that I saw in the games I've watched. Kalaheo impressed me the most and by a fair amount. They're usually attacking, they don't often do that hold-the-ball-for-an-entire-half-just-to-get-one-good-shot nonsense like many teams do. Truly boring stuff.
Well, Kalaheo beat Kahuku, and will start playing Iolani in just a few minutes for the title. I'm concerned that Gilmore injured his ankle against Kahuku; Kalaheo NEEDS him. They HAVE to be at 100% to beat Iolani.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Gilmore was 100%, all right. He scored 30 points in leading Kalaheo to victory, and was named MVP of the game. Congratulations, Kalaheo.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:Gilmore was 100%, all right. He scored 30 points in leading Kalaheo to victory, and was named MVP of the game. Congratulations, Kalaheo.
I read he wasn't quite 100% despite his 30 pts, which is why Harrison had to handle the ball a little more than usual to help handle Iolani's traps. Kalaheo is simply the better team, period.

I'm so glad the OIA and public schools in general are doing well championship-wise so far this '14-'15 school year: football, boys & girls basketball, boys & girls soccer, boys & girls bowling, etc...

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

bandits1 wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:Gilmore was 100%, all right. He scored 30 points in leading Kalaheo to victory, and was named MVP of the game. Congratulations, Kalaheo.
I read he wasn't quite 100% despite his 30 pts, which is why Harrison had to handle the ball a little more than usual to help handle Iolani's traps. Kalaheo is simply the better team, period.

I'm so glad the OIA and public schools in general are doing well championship-wise so far this '14-'15 school year: football, boys & girls basketball, boys & girls soccer, boys & girls bowling, etc...
What bothered me a little, is that Gilmore was almost a one-man show for Kalaheo. Obviously, they would have lost without him. I would have preferred that they had more balanced scoring, but, a win is a win. They're still D1 state champs.
For me, I'm not so much into leagues as I am individual schools. It just so happens that the two schools I like least, are both in the ILH. If I recall correctly, you're a Pearl City grad, and they really kicked butt in boys' and girls' bowling. I'm OK with Pearl City; I don't dislike that school at all. In fact, one of my colleagues at work--and one of my relatives by marriage--are Pearl City grads.