USA Today Top 25 - Mililani

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

USA Today Top 25 - Mililani

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Just sounding off.
I have an issue with the Trojan's being ranked in the top 25...Defense. I know of at least one team ranked 26 to 50 that would have a field day with the Trojan D(especially the LB's and secondary).
Hands down, Mililani's O is top notch, but imho, they don't have a D worthy of allowing them to be ranked in the top 25.
There's at least 3 teams ranked 26 to 50 with the Defensive capability to keep Milton and Malepeai in check(not shut down, but keep them in check) and shut down the Trojan receiving core. The Trojan receivers are good, but Kahuku proved that with the right athletes in the secondary, they're really not that good.

but, what do I know, so, congrats to the Trojans anyways.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: USA Today Top 25 - Mililani

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

rrforlifebaby wrote:Just sounding off.
I have an issue with the Trojan's being ranked in the top 25...Defense. I know of at least one team ranked 26 to 50 that would have a field day with the Trojan D(especially the LB's and secondary).
Hands down, Mililani's O is top notch, but imho, they don't have a D worthy of allowing them to be ranked in the top 25.
There's at least 3 teams ranked 26 to 50 with the Defensive capability to keep Milton and Malepeai in check(not shut down, but keep them in check) and shut down the Trojan receiving core. The Trojan receivers are good, but Kahuku proved that with the right athletes in the secondary, they're really not that good.

but, what do I know, so, congrats to the Trojans anyways.
I absolutely agree. First off, let me say that I was behind Mililani 100% during the D1 state-title game, and I'm very glad (and relieved) that they won. Also, I don't dislike Mililani. I wouldn't say I'm crazy for them, but I don't dislike them the way I do two other schools here on Oahu. Anyway, yes: Mililani's D is simply not good enough to warrant a Top-25 ranking. I'm not saying they suck; they've got some real studs on that D, particularly Manu, Kaaiawaawa, and Padello. But, a lot of D1 schools have two or three great players on D. Punahou hung 45 points and over 500 yards of offense on Mililani's D, and Taulapapa ripped-off over 200 yards rushing on them. So, I agree: Mililani's D would have to drag them down to a ranking no higher than 30, in my opinion. Again, I'm very glad that Mililani won the state D1 title, but I can't honestly rank them higher than #30. Some guys might argue that even that is too high.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Post by gridiron22 »

Nobody really pays attention to these polls, the only spots that matter and are well thought out is the top 5 in which I'm sure the recipients could probably hang banners in their gymnasium boasting of that high ranking. Outside of the top 10 its all guessing and hear say.

As far as Mililani being ranked nationally for football is laughable, they will probably drop out of the top 100 next week once all their transfer players go back to their original high schools to graduate.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gridiron22 wrote:Nobody really pays attention to these polls, the only spots that matter and are well thought out is the top 5 in which I'm sure the recipients could probably hang banners in their gymnasium boasting of that high ranking. Outside of the top 10 its all guessing and hear say.

As far as Mililani being ranked nationally for football is laughable, they will probably drop out of the top 100 next week once all their transfer players go back to their original high schools to graduate.
A few of them might very well do that, but I'm glad they helped Mililani win that state D1 title.