2014 #Cover2 All-State football teams

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: 2014 #Cover2 All-State football teams

Post by Naue »

I'll take Wily over any of those players they selected to the first team. The kid, sorry, the man is impressive to say the least.
And just my two cents but a lot of D2 players would easily succeed in D1 because they would be surrounded by better players also. Lots of talent in D2.
D1 are more complete teams unlike D2 who have a few studs here and there due to lack of numbers.
But they are studs let me tell you.
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

for every D2 kid that is on the D1 allstar list there are five D1 kids that were left out that are just as good if not better.

im sure D2 kids would be allstars too if they played in D1 but if you got two different leagues why not create two different all star lists?
once again KHON2cover2 dont know naaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhtiiiiiiiiiiiiin!
-------------------

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I agree...by them just listing Bubba Ellis-Noa and the young Palleschi boy is proof. Pono Davis (6'2 270) DL/OL KS-Hawaii and Alapaki Iaea (6'1 190) WR/DB KS-Hawaii, dominated the BIIF in their positions but in my opinion would maybe barely make 2nd team but more appropriately HM state. To place those first two before the latter two is just crazy and shows they don't know squat about the truly deserving players.

GTG
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GTG »

Agree with the lau-lau guy, 'D2 schools need their own poll because their competition is not good like D1'...why not KHON2, all the other polls do?

Also agree with Naue, 'And just my two cents but a lot of D2 players would easily succeed in D1 because they would be surrounded by better players also. Lots of talent in D2. D1 are more complete teams unlike D2 who have a few studs here and there due to lack of numbers. But they are studs let me tell you.'

And let's be easy on the name bashing of these players....like GetReal$ you must not like any Big Island kids, as you always have ugly stuff to post about the kids from that island. Have you ever Coached a HawaiiHS D2 team, or you just a paper read kind-of-guy who says stuff that you can find in any news media and 'repeats'.

But for the most part, KHON2 posted what they posted. If you don't like it, go make your own poll. Ha! Ha!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

GTG- read my posts, I love Big Island kids!!! Just giving credit where credit is due. If you know BIIF football, you would know why I posted that. I give my honest opinion after attending games and watching each kid perform. BIIF put out their DII ALL STARS and they got it right!!!!!

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

And for the record, I've coached for 20 + years at all levels in both football and basketball, I know what I'm talking about! Never ever bashing kids, but if the media gives credit to a less deserving player, I will point that out. It's recognition to the deserving that I'm pointing out. I always promote BIIF kids if you pay any attention to ALL my past postings.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Getreal$ wrote:GTG- read my posts, I love Big Island kids!!! Just giving credit where credit is due. If you know BIIF football, you would know why I posted that. I give my honest opinion after attending games and watching each kid perform. BIIF put out their DII ALL STARS and they got it right!!!!!

Calling a kid the most overrated player on the big island or a no show in a certain game with names attached can be a little harsh. I believe that if you really love big island kids, you would be happy for any recognition that they get at the state level. Prior to publications such as scoring.live or cover 2, hardly any recognition was given to any player outside of Oahu. I've always noticed talent coming from outer islands after they made it in college. Then you look back and realize that they played a few islands away and we either rarely heard of them or always felt they weren't that good. People like you that kill the fight of something that's making a turn is exactly why outer island football doesn't get the recognition they deserve. There are too many jealous people that can't look at the good of the big picture and would rather put down the ones that are steering the same boat you're sitting in. I'm from Oahu and it just baffles me to see a big island fan coming on a site like this to talk down on an Oahu publication recognizing players from his own island. That's crazy. Looking at your posts, you are obviously more than just a die hard fan. Don't embarrass yourself behind a username...people can click on your profile and read back at everything you've posted.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I apologize for offending anyone, I was simply making a point that when you give a kid a statewide recognition and they leave out the Player of the year in that same position I will point that out. I shouldn't have given my reasons why and should have left the players names out. Like I said, the BIIF All Star picks just came out and they picked the right kids.

University Ave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by University Ave »

Getreal$ wrote:I apologize for offending anyone, I was simply making a point that when you give a kid a statewide recognition and they leave out the Player of the year in that same position I will point that out. I shouldn't have given my reasons why and should have left the players names out. Like I said, the BIIF All Star picks just came out and they picked the right kids.

Not a huge deal, it's just that if none from the outer islands get recognized, the other argument about no recognition surfaces. Gotta pick the battles. Anyway didn't see the biif all stars. When and where did it come out?

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

The BIIF All Stars came out the other day and Sportzviz posted it on his facebook page. I totally agree with you and although I don't have a personal interest in any one particular BIIF team, Hilo and KS-Hawaii this year proved that BIIF kids can compete and play with teams across the state. Also, I was surprised at how well the outer Island boys played and performed against DI caliber Oahu boys at the Senior Bowl. Of course it was an All Star game with three days of practice, but very entertaining.

2014 BIIF Players of the Year:

DI Offense - Tristan Spikes (HILO) Defense - Ofa Fahuia (HILO) Coaches Dave Baldwin and Sam K (Kealakehe)

DII Offense - Micah Kanehailua (KSH) Defense - Pono Davis (KSH) Coach Dan Lyons

mother
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by mother »

:evil: this is to Getreal$, the very fact that you talk trash about high school kids by names like Seth Fukushima, whom you know nothing about obviously is crap. All kids have worked hard and these kids were not choosing themselves, they were selected like it or not by qualified people- the fact that you show so much hatred toward the Big Island boys is obviously something ugly in your mouth, keep you comments to yourself if they are so ugly, Seth worked more than hard this year, had a great year, its just too bad people like you don't do your own homework, why don't you worry about something more worthwhile, like bingo or knitting.

Calling out kids for doing well instead of just saying your opinion differently just hurts kids. grow up....forreal$ :-({|=

your new name should be Lamereal$

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Yes mother, he worked hard and deserved to be on the BIIF All Star team, and he was. All State? I beg to differ and that's just my opinion. Football season is over and I wish him the best of luck at the next level. For the record, I follow local BIIF sports very closely and I know he did well on the Big Island, but like last year, two of your top defensive lineman didn't even make Honorable Mention BIIF. So I'm sorry you feel offended but unfortunately for the players that didn't get recognized, they have nothing. And lastly, read my last post, that should tell you I support BIIF players deserving of the recognition they got!

east20
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by east20 »

Getreal$ wrote:Yes mother, he worked hard and deserved to be on the BIIF All Star team, and he was. All State? I beg to differ and that's just my opinion. Football season is over and I wish him the best of luck at the next level. For the record, I follow local BIIF sports very closely and I know he did well on the Big Island, but like last year, two of your top defensive lineman didn't even make Honorable Mention BIIF. So I'm sorry you feel offended but unfortunately for the players that didn't get recognized, they have nothing. And lastly, read my last post, that should tell you I support BIIF players deserving of the recognition they got!

You claim to follow very closely? First of all wishing him well at the next level? He still has another year. Also what number and positions did he play this past year? Had to be at the games to know this. Don't go to a website it won't help you.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

east20 wrote:
Getreal$ wrote:Yes mother, he worked hard and deserved to be on the BIIF All Star team, and he was. All State? I beg to differ and that's just my opinion. Football season is over and I wish him the best of luck at the next level. For the record, I follow local BIIF sports very closely and I know he did well on the Big Island, but like last year, two of your top defensive lineman didn't even make Honorable Mention BIIF. So I'm sorry you feel offended but unfortunately for the players that didn't get recognized, they have nothing. And lastly, read my last post, that should tell you I support BIIF players deserving of the recognition they got!

You claim to follow very closely? First of all wishing him well at the next level? He still has another year. Also what number and positions did he play this past year? Had to be at the games to know this. Don't go to a website it won't help you.
Hahaha, let it go already. #55 primarily left tackle on Offense and played on the D line at times. Most of Hilo's linemen played both ways. You want me to tell you what positions he played in every game? You want me to post video clips of the games? Let it go, you will lose this battle. The boy did fine and hopefully he will play at the next level, no matter what his age and grade is. Oh and by the way, the rosters almost always have grades mixed up. David Pakele is their best lineman without a question.