PUNAHOU VS. MILILANI [2014 DIV 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP]

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: PUNAHOU VS. MILILANI [2014 DIV 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP]

Post by Martin »

Craps,how did hs fanatic paragraph get behind mines? Damn.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

Storylines:

Does Kanawai Noa become the all-time receiving yardage leader in Hawaii high school history?
Rex Manu, who started his high school career at Punahou before transferring to Mililani
Which Junior QB leads his team to victory?
Punahou's LBs vs. Mililani's Milton and Malepeai
Rex Manu vs. Semisi Uluave
Punahou has won their last 3 games against Mililani, including ending their season the last 2 years
Undefeated streaks on the line

What else?

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

fanoffb wrote:Storylines:

Does Kanawai Noa become the all-time receiving yardage leader in Hawaii high school history?
Rex Manu, who started his high school career at Punahou before transferring to Mililani
Punahou has won their last 3 games against Mililani, including ending their season the last 2 years

What else?
Storylines:

Does Kanawai Noa become the all-time receiving yardage leader in Hawaii high school history? Yes. No one in Trojan's secondary going to be able to cover him 1 on 1.
Rex Manu, who started his high school career at Punahou before transferring to Mililani Manu will do what he does best, doesn't matter who the opponent is.
Which Junior QB leads his team to victory? Milton is going to have to wait til next year for one last shot.
Punahou's LBs vs. Mililani's Milton and Malepeai imho, I don't think Malepeai cracks 100yds.
Rex Manu vs. Semisi Uluave Should be a good battle to watch throughout the game.
Punahou has won their last 3 games against Mililani, including ending their season the last 2 years Mililani will win one eventually, maybe next year...lol
Undefeated streaks on the line Whatever, there are a bunch of past undefeated teams I would rank
above either team. Mostly Kahuku and St Louis teams and Punhou'08
What else? Will be interesting to see which team will receive more favorable treatment from the officials...lol.
If Trojan LB's don't play lights out, Taulapapa and Tuliloa could have big nights.
Would be cool to see that Toner kid hit a 50 yarder, and he's only a junior.
I think one of the more intriguing matchups will be Trojan receivers against Puns secondary.

RRFL!

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

OC16Dave wrote:All games are reviewed and evaluated.

I know for a fact that especially TV games, the entire game is dissected and good examples of wrong calls, correct calls, and no-calls are pointed out.
The TV game crews are provided a written play by play of calls - and - the evaluator even edits a video summary to match the written.

I'm not privy to the one on one discussions for each league and their officials. But to say, they don't review and don't train/correct is wrong.

When it hits the HHSAA level there is even more scrutiny. There were ramifications from crew performances in the semifinals on who would advance to the championship crews.

I'm not making excuses for wrong calls.

But I will say that they all - volunteer - their time to do an extremely tough job.
Training and classes are an almost year around thing.

Like any sport, some performers are better than others.
What they would like is a deeper talent pool to draw from.

So if you're outraged by what you thought you saw...

Sign up to be an official, they would welcome passionate and knowledgable football fans to their ranks.
+1

Thanks Dave, I sometimes have to referee 12 and 13 year old for basketball. Refereeing is a tough job!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

What else?
How about Jordan Agasiva vs Canton Kaumatule?

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

What else?
Kicking Game!
Toner vs.Cunningham. (Toner) field goal x point.
Toner vs.Matas kickoffs. (Toner again) Toner basically shut down Santiago and Gilman with 0 kickoff yardage.BIG.
Trivonovich vs. Milton.Punts.. Punahou is pure punts while Milton is a dangerous option that freezes up Punahou's return people. Play in for the fake or stay back for the return. Noa will have to take more reps as a db.

Is Hosada still injured?

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

Martin wrote:

What else?
Kicking Game!
Toner vs.Matas kickoffs. (Toner again) Toner basically shut down Santiago and Gilman with 0 kickoff yardage.BIG.
Trivonovich vs. Milton.Punts.. Punahou is pure punts while Milton is a dangerous option that freezes up Punahou's return people. Play in for the fake or stay back for the return. Noa will have to take more reps as a db.

Is Hosada still injured?
Does Torn MCL count as injured..
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

Did not know Dat. Thanks und

95boyz

Post by 95boyz »

Well rumor has it that Punahou has an ineligible player. We'll see how it all pans out.
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

Punahoe's 4th consecutive championship appearance

Basically it just being round II.

Bonus storyline: Can the Hawaii State High School Football Game pull more fans into Aloha Stadium than Chowball?

Rocket95

Post by Rocket95 »

With both teams returning some star players next year, IMHO I feel that this is their best and probably last chance (at for a while) to win a State Championship.

St Louis looks like its gonna be the team to beat in the ILH and Kahuku looks like it'll be the team to beat in the OIA with a strong push from Farrington and then Mililani.

If what you're saying about an inelegible player is true, than I'm glad they let them play on. Strip the title later if Punahou wins. That's what the should've done to the 2010 Kahuku team. Let them play while you investigate. If all is well, no harm done. If they find a problem with the winner, than strip the title.

Whatever the case, good luck to both teams.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Rocket95 wrote:With both teams returning some star players next year, IMHO I feel that this is their best and probably last chance (at for a while) to win a State Championship.

St Louis looks like its gonna be the team to beat in the ILH and Kahuku looks like it'll be the team to beat in the OIA with a strong push from Farrington and then Mililani.

If what you're saying about an inelegible player is true, than I'm glad they let them play on. Strip the title later if Punahou wins. That's what the should've done to the 2010 Kahuku team. Let them play while you investigate. If all is well, no harm done. If they find a problem with the winner, than strip the title.

Well, but when you think about it, that's not fair to Kahuku. In 2010, I think there was no question that Kahuku was the best team in the state, yet they were disqualified and couldn't play. If Punahou this year is guilty of the same offense, it wouldn't be fair to Kahuku if Punahou were not also disqualified, and prevented from playing. This year, Punahou was ranked #1 just about all season. Yet, after Punahou's close calls against St Louis and Kahuku, Kahuku had a stronger claim to #1 in 2010 than Punahou does this year.

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Rocket95 wrote:With both teams returning some star players next year, IMHO I feel that this is their best and probably last chance (at for a while) to win a State Championship.

Well, but when you think about it, that's not fair to Kahuku. In 2010, I think there was no question that Kahuku was the best team in the state, yet they were disqualified and couldn't play. If Punahou this year is guilty of the same offense, it wouldn't be fair to Kahuku if Punahou were not also disqualified, and prevented from playing. This year, Punahou was ranked #1 just about all season. Yet, after Punahou's close calls against St Louis and Kahuku, Kahuku had a stronger claim to #1 in 2010 than Punahou does this year.
I don't think anyone wants an asterisk next to their title. With all the recruiting now in the public school, you would think it might happen again! I mean seniors transferring to fill in gaps left by graduation? This ain't the NFL.

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

Undftd wrote:
Martin wrote:

What else?
Kicking Game!

Is Hosada still injured?
Does Torn MCL count as injured..
Guess you didn't get the press release.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

wth is Veneri talking about?