PUNAHOU VS. MILILANI [2014 DIV 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP]

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider

PUNAHOU VS. MILILANI [2014 DIV 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP]

Post by dirtylickens »

The two teams that many were predicting to make the division one state championship game have made it.

PUNAHOU vs. MILILANI

A rematch of last years state championship. Predictions, comments, and updates.

dirtylickens

Re: PUNAHOU VS. MILILANI [2014 DIV 1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP]

Post by dirtylickens »

Any update on the ejected Mililani players from the final minute of their game against Farrington? I believe by rule they must sit out the next game and that includes state tournament play. Dont remember all the #'s but i believe they said #79. Who is the left tackle Agasiva. Not sure if that is who is kicked out or the process they go about to be reinstated, but this is something to keep track of because Punahou did not seem to have any big injuries to their starters.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

dont matter if mill players ejected or not pun defense is beast, their front seven is capable of shuting down any run offense, it will be up to mil QB to pick apart the puns DB which is possible.
punahou offense laid an egg against kahuku defense and did not score a td as well as turnovers but i dont thing mill defense is capable of doing the same.

i want public schools to win but feel puns offense will redeem themselves along with another dominant defensive night out.

pun 35
mill 21
-------------------

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

Mililani's D doesn't play like Kahuku. Punahou got that ,off it's back. Now that they are loose, I see it as 31-14 ,Punahou. Ane will kick field goals NOW. It's a weapon. Mililani's discipline against Farrington was terrible. Taunting and extra " machismo" will lose Championships. Kahuku DBs played shut down against Punahou. Hope York study tape to see how to do it. Ane will have to send a blitz package to get Milton and seal the box to keep him in it. Easier to sack a quarter back in the box then out.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Like many, i'll be rooting for the public school to win. But, I believe the Puns will defend their title.

QB Even. Red Raider D showed how human both qb's.
RB Even.
WR Puns. Noa is the huge difference here. Trojans probably have more depth here, but they only look exceptionally good against average overall defenses.
Oline Even
Dline Even. I like both lines and Kaumatule is a beast, but Manu and number 75 from the Trojans are pretty good too.
LB Puns. IMHO, as good as Kahuku's. Some people will say I'm biased.....yes I am...lol.
DB Puns. Neither secondary really blows me away, but imho, puns secondary is better.
Special teams. Huge 48 yard difference advantage to the Puns
Coaching. Some people don't like or respect him, but I believe coach Reg helps tilt the scale to the Puns.

Puns 31
Trojans 21

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

To me ,it doesn.t look good for the Trojans. Punahou found a way to win even when their offense was stymied.Mililani's D is not as good as Kahuku's ,or Punahou's for that matter.Mililani will not be able to count on their defense to do what Kahuku did last night. They are just going to have to outscore the Puns.If those starters who were ejected can't play......just makes it that much tougher for Mililani.

I think Punahou takes it.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

rrforlifebaby wrote:Like many, i'll be rooting for the public school to win. But, I believe the Puns will defend their title.

QB Even. Red Raider D showed how human both qb's.
RB Even.
WR Puns. Noa is the huge difference here. Trojans probably have more depth here, but they only look exceptionally good against average overall defenses.
Oline Even
Dline Even. I like both lines and Kaumatule is a beast, but Manu and number 75 from the Trojans are pretty good too.
LB Puns. IMHO, as good as Kahuku's. Some people will say I'm biased.....yes I am...lol.
DB Puns. Neither secondary really blows me away, but imho, puns secondary is better.
Special teams. Huge 48 yard difference advantage to the Puns
Coaching. Some people don't like or respect him, but I believe coach Reg helps tilt the scale to the Puns.

Puns 31
Trojans 21
I would think the QB advantage goes to Milton. Last year, the Punahou defense did a nice job of limiting Malepeai so key to this game will be Milton. If he is comfortable and can get the ball to his receivers and use Malepeai as a decoy for the keeps, Pun defense will be challenge to stay with him. The play-making and 3rd down ability of Milton to be successful when things break down will be a key for Punahou to limit.

You think Punahou D is going to practice against the jet sweep pass this week? :lol:

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

Punahou is as tough as Kahuku but with a better offense and much better kicker than most schools.

Kahunahou 49
Milliani 17

GO BUFF N RED!!!

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

Punahuku 31 MiliWaianaeAieahalawaPC 14

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Martin wrote:Punahuku 31 MiliWaianaeAieahalawaPC 14
lMAO!! :hello1: Too funny with the shool names.

Rocket95

Post by Rocket95 »

Well after lastnight, you can take all the stats and comparison on paper and throw that out the window. On paper Mililani and Punahou should've have won their games with the least amount of struggle. From the begining of this season these 2 teams were just blowing teams out. But towards the end the competition got tougher. Which led to last nights wins. Both struggled and probably played their toughest games lastnight.

This will truly be a "who wants it more" type of game. IMHO I say there both about even across the board. The team with the least mistakes will win. Best of luck to both Mililani and Punahou.
Hoping for another exciting, down to the wire, all heart and injury free game.

shaka dat brah.
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by shaka dat brah. »

Dirtylickens My Friend was a line judge for the Govs/trojans game he said he got a text last nite that that rule is a OIA rule and since this is a State tournament it won't be applied cause punahou is from the ILH so the mililani players who got ejected is good to go this week.!! Unreal da rules Cause i saw timoteo throwing some blows too.!!

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Martin »

shaka dat brah. wrote:Dirtylickens My Friend was a line judge for the Govs/trojans game he said he got a text last nite that that rule is a OIA rule and since this is a State tournament it won't be applied cause punahou is from the ILH so the mililani players who got ejected is good to go this week.!! Unreal da rules.
No matter. Still going with Punahuku.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

shaka dat brah. wrote:Dirtylickens My Friend was a line judge for the Govs/trojans game he said he got a text last nite that that rule is a OIA rule and since this is a State tournament it won't be applied cause punahou is from the ILH so the mililani players who got ejected is good to go this week.!! Unreal da rules Cause i saw timoteo throwing some blows too.!!
That doesn't make sense because the ILH has the same rule. If you throw a punch and are ejected, you don't get to play the next game. But then again, the officials rarely do make sense. :D

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

I'm hoping for a Mililani victory. Mililani has a better O than Kahuku all around: The O-line, QB, RB (best in the state), and receivers. I'm not saying that to belittle Kahuku; I was backing Kahuku last night, and it broke me to see them lose. But now the baton has been passed to Mililani. Mililani has the O to get it done. I think it all starts with the O-line; Mililani's O-line is better than Kahuku's. Kahuku's O-line kept Punahou's D-line at bay; Mililani's O-line can do the same. QB Milton and RB Malepeai are very potent weapons. I hope Coach York has some trick plays planned, should they be necessary. He used them last year, and Kahuku used them the year before.