State Semi's: Farrington vs. OIA west all-stars

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Re: State Semi's: Farrington vs. OIA west all-stars

Post by reignjah11 »

Not sure who got ejected from mililani but that could be huge if they cant play in the state championship!

Martin
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: State Semi's: Farrington vs. OIA west all-stars

Post by Martin »

gridiron22 wrote:Not sure if anyone noticed but Mililani's linemen on offense and defense all seem to be pancaking their weight on opponents that have fallen to the ground no matter where they are on the field. I know its legal and part of the game but most of the time the intent is to injure the opposing player. Rex Manu did it to Kesi ahoy after his 15 yd run, came from behind and did a Jimmy Snuka, totally unnecessary and looked like the intent to injure.

You ask me and I say the coaches are teaching them to do this because its more of a calculated tactic. I have noticed that Farrington and Kahuku defensive backs also come in late to pancake a downed runner but its more of an emotional "in the moment" move by that one player rather then a calculated tactic being taught to the players.

Mililani wins this game easy
Even Paul H, included that pile on by Manu on his video. He even got up after and checked the refs. Why no call? Ah Hoy was lost, so were his yardage gain and punting.