STAR ADVERTISER ALL-STAR 2014 PREDICTION

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: STAR ADVERTISER ALL-STAR 2014 PREDICTION

Post by Getreal$ »

saynotomercs wrote:
808warrior4lyfe wrote:2nd team offensive line:
Jang from Kamehameha
Borden and Oishi from Iolani
Kolby Castillo from Aiea
Victor Tualau from Kahuku

Running Backs: The iolani running back and the Nanakuli running back had huge years. Also Rocha-Islas from Lahainaluna had a big year.

Defensive line:
Alema Kapoi from Kamehameha
Makoa Chapa from St.Louis (formally BIF Player of the year from Konowaena before transferring to St.Louis)
Ludiazo from Campbell

Don't know Dylan Kane should be in it considering that he. Issued most of the year due to injury.

Makoa Chapa was the BIIF D-Player of the Year? My goodness that tells you how bad that league is. He shouldn't be anywhere near an ILH list, let alone a state list.

I would say Borden and Hauanio from Iolani. Jang and Oishi are overrated.
Before you start making blanket statements about the entire BIIF league, based on one player, get the facts first! The BIIF All Star selections has always been a joke and the deserving kids get left out as always, just like OIA and ILH. Coach Walters intimidates the coaches and his kids from Kona always get the lion share of the selections. Last year the coach of the year was from Keaau High and he only coached two games which they lost, and not Hilo's Baldwin. Two stud D Line players from Hilo didn't even make Honorable Mention. All politics. Chapa was a good player and was DII Player of the Year not DI. DI D POY was Isi Holani.

Rocket95
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Rocket95 »

Getreal$ wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:
Jang from Kamehameha
Kolby Castillo from Aiea

Running Backs: The iolani running back and the Nanakuli running back had huge years. Also Rocha-Islas from Lahainaluna had a big year.

Defensive line:
Makoa Chapa from St.Louis (formally BIF Player of the year from Konowaena before transferring to St.Louis)
Ludiazo from Campbell

Don't know Dylan Kane should be in it considering that he. Issued most of the year due to injury.

Makoa Chapa was the BIIF D-Player of the Year? My goodness that tells you how bad that league is. He shouldn't be anywhere near an ILH list, let alone a state list.

I would say Borden and Hauanio from Iolani. Jang and Oishi are overrated.
Before you start making blanket statements about the entire BIIF league, based on one player, get the facts first! The BIIF All Star selections has always been a joke and the deserving kids get left out as always, just like OIA and ILH. Coach Walters intimidates the coaches and his kids from Kona always get the lion share of the selections. Last year the coach of the year was from Keaau High and he only coached two games which they lost, and not Hilo's Baldwin. Two stud D Line players from Hilo didn't even make Honorable Mention. All politics. Chapa was a good player and was DII Player of the Year not DI. DI D POY was Isi Holani.
It's the same here on Oahu. Not the intimidation part, but the more deserving being left out. It's like they were chosen before te season started. Paul Honda is the best. As long as your parents are good with him, he will highlight your kid regardless of how shitty he is and say the coaches voted them in. So at the end of the season, it's not always the best being recognized but rather the popular.

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Funny you mention Paul Honda. I would read his articles and wonder where does he get his information from when it comes to the BIIF. He totally favors Konawaena and HPA and his dislike for certain players and schools are obvious. Just look at his rankings of positions. Outside of the obvious top five players from each category, he pretty much makes things up. The joke here is him having Cameron Howes (Konawaena of course) ranked high as a QB, but Howes has played limited time at QB and has more INT's than TD's. But hey, he's the Star Advertiser writer.

808warrior4lyfe
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808warrior4lyfe »

studfinder wrote:
Jang from Kamehameha
Kolby Castillo from Aiea

Defensive line:
Ludiazo from Campbell

nobody on Kapolei's oline should be on the first team, you got Tovi, Amosa, Jang, & Oishi who played a hell of a lot better on the line. Kapolei's front 5 was a joke. Average 52 yards a game and passing about the same? Tovi and Agasiva played a big role for both Milton and Malepiai. This should be by performance not popularity. I don't even think Kapolei's line even averaged 52 yards a game, might be less, but where is Kalalena Mauga of Waianae or any linemen from Leilehua?
I agree completely. The Kapolei O-line was overrated. The Iolani O-line and Millilani o-line performed the best this year. Jang, Oishi, and Tovi are not overrated.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

Candidates for Offensive Player of the Year?

Malepeai Mililani
Mamiya Farrington
Milton Mililani
Noa Punahou
Tagovaiola St. Louis

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

fanoffb wrote:Candidates for Offensive Player of the Year?

Malepeai Mililani
Mamiya Farrington
Milton Mililani
Noa Punahou
Tagovaiola St. Louis
Good list. I would vote for Milton.

CityWithNoPity!!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CityWithNoPity!!! »

rrforlifebaby wrote:

Malepeai Mililani
Mamiya Farrington
Milton Mililani
Noa Punahou
Tagovaiola St. Louis
There should be Co Offensive Player of the Year......any of these guys and Fred Ulu-Perry!!!! :)

Defensive Player of the Year is up in the air. It will be who ever shines in the States.

Rocket95

Post by Rocket95 »

CityWithNoPity!!! wrote:
rrforlifebaby wrote:

Malepeai Mililani
Mamiya Farrington
Milton Mililani
Noa Punahou
Tagovaiola St. Louis
There should be Co Offensive Player of the Year......any of these guys and Fred Ulu-Perry!!!! :)

Defensive Player of the Year is up in the air. It will be who ever shines in the States.
I'd vote based on whoever wins States.
If Mililani wins= OPY Mckenzie, DPY Manu
Punahou wins= OPY Noa, DPY I'd still go with Manu
Farrington wins= OPY Mamiya

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

Saynotomercs- " Chapa was the BIIF D-Player of the Year? My goodness that tells you how bad that league is. He shouldn't be anywhere near an ILH list, let alone a state list. "

Still want to stick with this quote ? BIIF not that bad and showed it tonight. Like I said in an earlier post, Hilo would wear down eventually but the only team that put points on them all year was KS-Hawaii, and it was through the air. Hilo's Ofa Fahuia should be on that State list. Maybe not first team but somewhere between 2nd and HM that's for sure.

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

It doesn't matter if Punahou dominate states coz the Star advertiser is OIA Bias...

808warrior4lyfe
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by 808warrior4lyfe »

Tainoa Foster from Kamehameha and Kalama Chung from Punahou should be mentioned for Defensive player of the year. I think the most dominate guy this year on D was Salanoa Wily

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

Im calling you out Paul Honda. Leave off that "Five Star/ All American" from first team all state. He has never shown the dominance of some of the other players that you don't give any airtime to.

1st Team D-Line
Rex Manu MIL
Salanoa Alo-Wily KAH
Mika Tafua KSK

Because theres so many good line backers out there i would leave the d-line at three. but if i was allowed to add one more it would be between

Joe Saula PUN
Tristan Ludiazo CAM
Kiliona Pomroy HIL

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

dirtylickens wrote:Im calling you out Paul Honda. Leave off that "Five Star/ All American" from first team all state. He has never shown the dominance of some of the other players that you don't give any airtime to.

1st Team D-Line
Rex Manu MIL
Salanoa Alo-Wily KAH
Mika Tafua KSK

Because theres so many good line backers out there i would leave the d-line at three. but if i was allowed to add one more it would be between

Joe Saula PUN
Tristan Ludiazo CAM
Kiliona Pomroy HIL
Forget Paul Honda. He'll never realize that his opinion on football isn't the only one that matters. He's so crazy he thinks Iolani shouldn't move up to D1.

bodantora
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bodantora »

How do you not put Tsubasa Brennan in at WR? He led the state in receptions, yards and TDs in only 8 games.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

bodantora wrote:How do you not put Tsubasa Brennan in at WR? He led the state in receptions, yards and TDs in only 8 games.

partially in all honesty because he plays in the ILH D2. Theres no way you leave off guys who dominate the D1 game. Receivers will probably be,

Noa
Timoteo
Sharsh
Bantolina

the top four receivers in the D1.