OIA Finals: Kahuku vs. Mililani

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

OIA Finals: Kahuku vs. Mililani

Post by huki-lau-lau »

mills already beat down campbell n govs and would do it again so im glad a different team is facing the trojans.
im impressed at the adjustments kahuku made to prepare for and counter the strength of the govs that goes to show that kahukus oc, dc and headcoach know what they doing. sloppy play? yes, but the kids were put in positions to win and despite sloppy execution their talent was enough to get them the win, cant play like that this week though. defense is up to par and offense potential is there.

give credit to mills the offense looked sharp last week and they seem to get maximum results with an efficient amount of output meaning they make it look to easy and effortlessly

kahuku on the other hand get minimum results with a maximum output, meaning they banging too hard on every play and playing too many kids both ways just to sneak by with a win. pretty soon going get injurys and run out of gas in the 4th quarter.

nevertheless thats how kahuku roll and i gotta believe the the coaches and team will scheme and execute enough to surprise victory, yes im bias just look at my avatar.

kahuku 28 mills 24
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: OIA Finals: Kahuku vs. Mililani

Post by huki-lau-lau »

against govs i think we all saw how successful govs were at running the ball down the middle, they would have won the game if they became one dimensional smash mouth. my guess is that okimoto too classy of a guy to shove that strategy back into kahuku face because that is kahukus trademark style.

i guarantee you something next week though, no be surprise if you see mills do a little smash mouth with their oline and rb, they are good enough and york is to emotional as a headcoach to not bypass the opportunity to prove a point. but no worrys because they think they reloading but we all know they just recruiting out there. all good. more competition and makes the season that much more exciting.
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Lol. Good think Milton and Malapeiai coming back next year. Wondering who they scouting now to replace those two after next year. We know their Jv not gona be of much help next year.

Back on the subject, unless Big Red's O shows up, could be a long night for the Raider D. Red Raider D will play lights out, but they can only hold back Mililani's O for so long. Raider O has to score and have sustained drives to take the pressure off of the D.

kawai60
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kawai60 »

rrforlifebaby wrote:Lol. Good think Milton and Malapeiai coming back next year. Wondering who they scouting now to replace those two after next year. We know their Jv not gona be of much help next year.

Back on the subject, unless Big Red's O shows up, could be a long night for the Raider D. Red Raider D will play lights out, but they can only hold back Mililani's O for so long. Raider O has to score and have sustained drives to take the pressure off of the D.
I agree big reds offense needs to show up.or mililanis offense will just wear the kahuku defense down.I'd like to see kahuku run the ball more and let fitesemanu and wily pound away at the Trojan front 7.

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

For Kahuku I don't think its a matter of the Offense showing up, its a matter of finding an Offense. They have absolutely nothing: QB sweep left, QB sweep right, QB bomb thats like playing Hawaiian style football at the park. There best option was tp put their deffensive studs on Offense they try that and they will be gassed even worse than against the Govs.
Deffensively they are above average but would hesitate to place them in the great category. Govs went to the air pretty well and they are not exactly an air it out team. Gillmans aggresive play got him out of position in coverage on more than one ocassion. They were excellent againt the sweep last week but showed a big weakness between the tackles. I also belive that there secondary was exposed also and made myself wonder how they get reps in practice with a QB that does not go through progressions.
Millilani's offense is a high powered machine and with the best combination of Qb, Wr, Rb and O-line play. The line is a very mean and aggresive group but will be up against Kahukus strong point. They haved paved the way for the ruuning game which opens up their passing game. The line has given Milton lots of time and if not Milton just creates more forhimself. Their lowest point total this year is over 40.crazy!
Deffensively very good front seven with a ball hawking secondary, of course it helps when your opposition is down by 35 iearly in the first quarter. .....They pull their ears back and fly to the QB while the secondary roams looking for deep balls.

Millilani is simply to much for Kahuku this year, Kahuku has been sneaking by game after game but the wheel is about to fall out. We just witnessed the Govs wearing out the Kahuku D...It will be way worse with Milz. When Trojans dont score they wont have to wait long to get the ball back because of the lack of offense from Kahuku, give the ball to The Trojans that much times and you better believe they will be getting in the end zone. ..Kahuku wil put up a fight but the D wont hold forever and as witnessed last week going both ways in desperation mode IMO will only make it worse. Yorks out to prove there is a new sheriff in town...Blowout Millilani 56-7

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

It was nice to see Kahuku running the I a few plays against farrington and that's what they should do against mililani just to run the clock and get short yardage so they have a longer possession. Keeping mililani offense off the field is always the key but like the obvious Kahuku inconsistent offense is the prproblem.

95boyz
High-quality H20 provider

Post by 95boyz »

As I said at the beginning of the season, Watch out for Ah-hoy. Give him a minimum 20 touches per game and he will breakout every game. I don't think he's had that many touches as an RB in any game this year (maybe the game he was playing wildcat, but other than that...?).

Each game we've been saying "If Kahuku keeps playing like that, they'll never make it to the playoffs..." Now we saying "If Kahuku keeps playing like that, they'll never win the Championship game..." :roll: Well the playoffs have come and gone and now it's the Championship game :lol: Should be a very interesting game.
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

halaokolele wrote:For Kahuku I don't think its a matter of the Offense showing up, its a matter of finding an Offense.
@halaokolele - the offense is already set, we are a balanced team this year and in the beginning of the season when we played weak opponents the offense was clicking just fine. however as the competition got harder the individual players got exposed which threw a wrench in the offensive execution. this past game against the govs I saw some major changes in the lineups that worked out in our favor, not to mention that our QB was injured and was not supposed to play but he stuck it out. its a work in progress nevertheless it is still progress and i expect the offense to be a little better this week against the trojans.

the balanced attack is better because it allows pena and wiley to play on offense without exerting too much energy having to carry the ball too much. im still opposed to them going two ways but hey its a fact that we are thin at some positions this year.

halaokolele wrote: They have absolutely nothing: QB sweep left, QB sweep right, QB bomb thats like playing Hawaiian style football at the park. There best option was tp put their deffensive studs on Offense they try that and they will be gassed even worse than against the Govs.
Deffensively they are above average but would hesitate to place them in the great category. Govs went to the air pretty well and they are not exactly an air it out team. Gillmans aggresive play got him out of position in coverage on more than one ocassion. They were excellent againt the sweep last week but showed a big weakness between the tackles. I also belive that there secondary was exposed also and made myself wonder how they get reps in practice with a QB that does not go through progressions.
Millilani's offense is a high powered machine and with the best combination of Qb, Wr, Rb and O-line play. The line is a very mean and aggresive group but will be up against Kahukus strong point. They haved paved the way for the ruuning game which opens up their passing game. The line has given Milton lots of time and if not Milton just creates more forhimself. Their lowest point total this year is over 40.crazy!
Deffensively very good front seven with a ball hawking secondary, of course it helps when your opposition is down by 35 iearly in the first quarter. .....They pull their ears back and fly to the QB while the secondary roams looking for deep balls.

Millilani is simply to much for Kahuku this year, Kahuku has been sneaking by game after game but the wheel is about to fall out. We just witnessed the Govs wearing out the Kahuku D...It will be way worse with Milz. When Trojans dont score they wont have to wait long to get the ball back because of the lack of offense from Kahuku, give the ball to The Trojans that much times and you better believe they will be getting in the end zone. ..Kahuku wil put up a fight but the D wont hold forever and as witnessed last week going both ways in desperation mode IMO will only make it worse. Yorks out to prove there is a new sheriff in town...Blowout Millilani 56-7
fairly accurate post about what everyone in the state is thinking and on paper it all makes sense. however what we have yet to make sense of is the way kahuku finds a way to keep winning. I think coach leslie said it best last week b4 the farrington game...."if we peak offensively at the right time we can beat anybody"

so far what can you say about a team that hasnt peaked yet but was still able to beat leilehua/waianae/kapolei and farrington. so much potential and we havent even scratched the surface yet, hope the next week of practice is very productive for big red.

oh, and btw the puns DB's got picked on/exposed from stlouis this past weekend. no defense is perfect and kahukus d is up there in the top 2 or 3.
-------------------

JUS_another_brotha
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JUS_another_brotha »

Aloha,

I agree that after Milton and Vavae graduate they will not have anyone to replace them. Rumor has it that Rod York will then leave to Iolani.

Kahuku will be struggling in the next couple years because they could not keep the kids home. They lost last years freshman class cause most of the good ones went to St. Louis. Looking at their Laie Park Raiders team, they are lacking talent like previous years. Kesi ah hoy won't be able to do it by himself.

Kahuku does not have a chance against Mililani. Players are too slow to keep up with Mililani's pace. This Will be a blow out.

Finals will be Punahou vs Mililani. This is Mililani's only chance to win it all. Next year they will win the OIA but lose to St Louis.

St. Louis is looking at another good freshman team coming in.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

lets not jump too far ahead of ourselves, take it year by year. who would have thought that a ranan mamiya type talent would transfer from private school to farrington and making the govs a top team in the OIA? or pena fitisimanu from punahou back home to kahuku? kids are wanting playing time and will leave in search for a better situation.

every year get kids that are not happy where they at and are searching for a change. kahuku wasnt looking to do good this year until they got 4 players that returned from utah plus pena and now they in the title game. whos to say that a certain 4 star QB in california whos parents are RR4L wont come back home next year? also get tons of kahuku alumni in utah whos kids are Div1 talent that might want to come back to play. kahuku pride is for real das why the oc16 streaming games always lag because too much people logging in from around the world.

also this year QB on kahuku jv team transfered from damien, im wondering if his circumstance is similar to ranan mimaya and they realize that they were getting no kind of exposure due to the weakness of their football programs (stfrancis/damien). over the years you have seen stlouis players leave because they wasnt starting, im sure ryder kuhns would have left too if he knew about the politics campaigning the younger QB to start. also vai malepaeai left stlouis to mililani.

also i love how this past game against govs the commentator had to keep saying that pena was a transfer from punahou, and they even went as far to say that senior wr chance mahaganoy transfered to kahuku from kamehameha his freshman year. lol, yet he never say that the star kicker on govs team koa sasaoka was transfered from kahuku to farrington last year. lol!
Last edited by huki-lau-lau on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------

Aitorahi
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

JUS_another_brotha wrote: Kahuku will be struggling in the next couple years because they could not keep the kids home. They lost last years freshman class cause most of the good ones went to St. Louis. Looking at their Laie Park Raiders team, they are lacking talent like previous years. Kesi ah hoy won't be able to do it by himself.
We shall see. Kahuku JV team is a week away from defending their championship. They have out scored opponents 226-35. Many of the 35 points were on 2nd and 3rd string defense. Laie Park big boys are doing just fine. Kahuku's sophomore class is strong, especially with the JV studs that are moving up to vars to join their classmates already playing varsity, including Kesi, Stokes, Royce, Samuta, Falemalu, Vimahi, and Sio. Some of of these sophs have been playing varsity as freshmen. I believe the 2016 team could rival the Kahuku 2012 team.

It is different here. It is like one big family. Kids grow up dreaming of being red raiders. They learn the Kahuku Haka as kids. Ask those who are from here and play in ILH and they will tell you that they still consider themselves as RR4L. Some will choose to play in ILH, but once again, nothing new. Just like the many coaches throughout the state that have Red Raider roots. St. Louis, Kamehameha, and Punahou all have Kahuku coaches on their staff. We will be just fine.

RR4L!!!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Aitorahi wrote:
It is different here. It is like one big family. Kids grow up dreaming of being red raiders. They learn the Kahuku Haka as kids.
I look forward to the day when we can add this to the end of your sentence. "the alumni men stand up in their living rooms in unison with the team doing the haka on the tv broadcast with tears rolling down their face"

lol, hhahahahahaha, my cousin from new zealand did that when the all blacks was playing in the world cup. those kiwi no mess around the haka is some serious stuff.
-------------------

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

[quote="huki-lau-lau"][quote="halaokolele"]For Kahuku I don't think its a matter of the Offense showing up, its a matter of finding an Offense. [/quote]
@halaokolele - the offense is already set, we are a balanced team this year and in the beginning of the season when we played weak opponents the offense was clicking just fine. however as the competition got harder the individual players got exposed which threw a wrench in the offensive execution. this past game against the govs I saw some major changes in the lineups that worked out in our favor, not to mention that our QB was injured and was not supposed to play but he stuck it out. its a work in progress nevertheless it is still progress and i expect the offense to be a little better this week against the trojans.

the balanced attack is better because it allows pena and wiley to play on offense without exerting too much energy having to carry the ball too much. im still opposed to them going two ways but hey its a fact that we are thin at some positions this year.

[quote="halaokolele"]
They have absolutely nothing: QB sweep left, QB sweep right, QB bomb thats like playing Hawaiian style football at the park. There best option was tp put their deffensive studs on Offense they try that and they will be gassed even worse than against the Govs.

Millilani is simply to much for Kahuku this year, Kahuku has been sneaking by game after game but the wheel is about to fall out. We just witnessed the Govs wearing out the Kahuku D...It will be way worse with Milz. When Trojans dont score they wont have to wait long to get the ball back because of the lack of offense from Kahuku, give the ball to The Trojans that much times and you better believe they will be getting in the end zone. ..Kahuku wil put up a fight but the D wont hold forever and as witnessed last week going both ways in desperation mode IMO will only make it worse. Yorks out to prove there is a new sheriff in town...Blowout Millilani 56-7[/quote]

fairly accurate post about what everyone in the state is thinking and on paper it all makes sense. however what we have yet to make sense of is the way kahuku finds a way to keep winning. I think coach leslie said it best last week b4 the farrington game...."if we peak offensively at the right time we can beat anybody"

so far what can you say about a team that hasnt peaked yet but was still able to beat leilehua/waianae/kapolei and farrington. so much potential and we havent even scratched the surface yet, hope the next week of practice is very productive for big red.

oh, and btw the puns DB's got picked on/exposed from stlouis this past weekend. no defense is perfect and kahukus d is up there in the top 2 or 3.[/quote]

Balance? You got to be kidding me..5 pass completions is considered balance with two bombs. Injured or not he is neither the problem nor the answer, the offensive identity seems to be "dont screw it up for the D" and hope they pull it off. Kahukus offensive struugle is real! They are not peaking, they are not getting more in sync, they are not expanding the playbook but they are winning or as I like to think they are not losing. Kahuku has horrible play calling but plain and simple better athletes but wont be against Millilani.
"If we peak..." lol any coach can say that, sorry but I just dont see the week to week improvement in the O hence I believe the wheels about to come off.

The last meeting Mililani took it to Kahuku and I absolutely believe it will be a throttling! Trojans will start with quick outs getting their athletes in space and when stopped come backs with dives up the middle, that gets plugged they go play action with deep crossing routes and when it works/stopped they go back to dives and read options. they have a great offensive philoshy and execute. Kahuku qb sweep left, qb sweep right and go deep... in no particular order.

Kahuku down early spells disaster even the hardest core of RRF knows that, if they can keep it within a possesion by the 3rd it will be a game....i think its over by the half. To much pressure to win it by the D, York keeps his foot on the gas till the very end, making a statement about the blue! He put it in netural against Kaiser and cruised to a 54-14 victory but will make a statement against RR.

2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

Go Mills!

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

JUS_another_brotha wrote:Aloha,

I agree that after Milton and Vavae graduate they will not have anyone to replace them. Rumor has it that Rod York will then leave to Iolani.

Kahuku will be struggling in the next couple years because they could not keep the kids home. They lost last years freshman class cause most of the good ones went to St. Louis. Looking at their Laie Park Raiders team, they are lacking talent like previous years. Kesi ah hoy won't be able to do it by himself.

Kahuku does not have a chance against Mililani. Players are too slow to keep up with Mililani's pace. This Will be a blow out.

Finals will be Punahou vs Mililani. This is Mililani's only chance to win it all. Next year they will win the OIA but lose to St Louis.

St. Louis is looking at another good freshman team coming in.

They said that 4 Kahuku kids went to st.Louis but I spoke to one of the kids parent and she said they were about 11 of them went but she also said that some might return, time will tell on that one. As someone said kesi has alot of his classmates is playing on the varsity and the jv is bad okole so we definitely not worried for these coming years...Btw my nephew turn down st.Louis and punahou but you will hear about him next year on the jv squad!