Saint Louis vs Punahou

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Saint Louis vs Punahou

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

locogrown808 wrote:that was a very good game for about 55 minutes. unfortunately that was the sloppiest end of a game as i have ever seen..first with the 12 men on the field then giving up that deep ball; saint louis did deserve to lose this one, but they definitely showed a lot of promise and look to be a strong competitor next season to possibly dethrone punahou..alas, this was not the year but they'll get there. and on the other side, punahou did look almost beatable. i have yet to see mililani play, but from what i hear, that should be a very close and very good game that should be a good watch for all
St Louis: You did an outstanding job. You almost beat Punahou, and you got that close despite having Cui, Silofau, and a couple of starters on the DL out. You not only have done yourselves proud; you've also given hope to guys who don't want Punahou to repeat as D1 state champs. Really, you guys did an amazing job. If ever there were a moral victory this year, this would have to be it.

Mililani: Take note of St Louis' game last night. You guys have a better D than St Louis, as well as an O that's just as good as theirs. Furthermore, St Louis came that close with one of their best receivers, their top RB, and two of their DL starters out. Now you know that you most definitely have a chance to beat Punahou. It's up to you guys to make it happen. Trust me, there'll be a lot of guys rooting for you, and they won't all be Mililani grads.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BowTow
High-quality H20 provider

Post by BowTow »

St. Louis was also missing sophomore running back Jahred Silofau. :D

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

BowTow wrote:St. Louis was also missing sophomore running back Jahred Silofau. :D
Thanks. I found that out a little while ago on one of the other threads, went back to edit my post, and then I saw your post. I knew that Silofau got a concussion against Kamehameha, but I didn't know he couldn't play last night. (Didn't know how bad the concussion was).

CityWithNoPity!!!
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by CityWithNoPity!!! »

Congrats to the BuffnBlue and Good Luck the rest of the Way. To the Crusaders you did not disapoint...u guys played ur hearts out. One of the best high school games i ever watched. Puns will look back at this game and touch up on things and get stronger.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

CityWithNoPity!!! wrote:Congrats to the BuffnBlue and Good Luck the rest of the Way. To the Crusaders you did not disapoint...u guys played ur hearts out. One of the best high school games i ever watched. Puns will look back at this game and touch up on things and get stronger.
Very true. Whatever does not kill them gives them extra strength.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

specifically milll, puns, stlouis their passing games are top notch. hawaii high schooll football looking good.
-------------------

BowTow

Post by BowTow »

Saint Louis JV team won the JV title so the future is definitely looking bright. :D

Rocket95

Post by Rocket95 »

BowTow wrote:Saint Louis JV team won the JV title so the future is definitely looking bright. :D
Although I agree with you on St Louis future looking bright. I wouldn't base it on JV performance. If you look at Punahou, their JV didn't do to well for the past 4 years. But yet they won the past 4 ILH titles on the varsity level. But I do believe that it will end next year. St Louis looks to be stacked next year.

JUS_another_brotha
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JUS_another_brotha »

That last four years u had studs like mosaic, lakalaka, talaupapa, tuliloa, etc... Can u name the kids from their jv and intermediate team that will have an impact on the varsity? Sorry but no can cause all the talent went to other schools. Don't be surprised Coach Ane leaves after this year an give the reigns to his son.....

Rocket95

Post by Rocket95 »

JUS_another_brotha wrote:That last four years u had studs like mosaic, lakalaka, talaupapa, tuliloa, etc... Can u name the kids from their jv and intermediate team that will have an impact on the varsity? Sorry but no can cause all the talent went to other schools. Don't be surprised Coach Ane leaves after this year an give the reigns to his son.....
Yes lakalaka, taulapapa and tuliloa are studs. Never heard of mosaic. But I'm guessing you meant moeai because he's a beast too. But my point is, while they were JV (one year) their JV team didn't fair to well against St. Louis and Kamehameh. But yet at the varsity level they dominated both teams. Even Tuileta freshman year, they probably won one game but yet went undefeated his senior year and had a pretty good run his sophomore year (without the studs you named ) and a good junior year (with the studs you named) too.

So back to my point, St Louis future looking bright (which I agree) but I wouldn't base it on JV performance. Just this year alone St. Louis had some studs who had to sit out but will beast it next year.

BowTow

Post by BowTow »

Rocket95 wrote:
BowTow wrote:Saint Louis JV team won the JV title so the future is definitely looking bright. :D
Although I agree with you on St Louis future looking bright. I wouldn't base it on JV performance. If you look at Punahou, their JV didn't do to well for the past 4 years. But yet they won the past 4 ILH titles on the varsity level. But I do believe that it will end next year. St Louis looks to be stacked next year.
Coaching has a lot to do with that. :D