2014 Fantasy Match-Ups

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Rocket95
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

2014 Fantasy Match-Ups

Post by Rocket95 »

This is just my opinion and comparison of 2 teams I would like to see play. None of this is hard facts, just simple opinion. Feel free to debate it , put other teams or create your own comparisons.

Mililani vs Punahou

OFFENSE
QB: Mckenzie vs Tuliloa= Mckenzie, Mililani
RB: Malepeai vs Taulapapa= Malepeai , Mililani
WR: Timoteo vs Noa= Noa, Punahou
WR Supporting Cast: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou with Hosoda, Ma'a and the use of their TE.
O-Line Mililani vs Punahou= Mililani. They're just more aggressive and nastier.

DEFENSE
D-Line: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou, 3 down lineman do their jobs compared to just Manu for Mililani. Padello not as consistent as his brother.
LB: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou, Lakalaka, Chung and Moeai is the heart of that Defense. Best LB core in the state right now.
DB: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou. Although the DBs are Punahou's weakness, I still feel they're better than Mililani's DBs simply because ILH is a pass heavy league and Punahou's DBs are use to that. Not to mention they do have a good Safety Stratton who's a returning starter. Mililani's DBs aren't to shabby too but if I had to defend against Mililani pass game, I would use. Punahou's DB as opposed to Mililani's DBs. Just gotta remind Punahou to be ready for the trick plays.

SPECIAL TEAMS
P.A.T: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou
Punt: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou
Kick/Punt Return: Mililani vs Punahou= Mililani, Malepeai and Ramos seems a lot dangerous than Noa by himself.
Kickoff: Mililani vs Punahou: Punahou. More touchbacks.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2014 Fantasy Match-Ups

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Rocket95 wrote:This is just my opinion and comparison of 2 teams I would like to see play. None of this is hard facts, just simple opinion. Feel free to debate it , put other teams or create your own comparisons.

Mililani vs Punahou

OFFENSE
QB: Mckenzie vs Tuliloa= Mckenzie, Mililani
RB: Malepeai vs Taulapapa= Malepeai , Mililani
WR: Timoteo vs Noa= Noa, Punahou
WR Supporting Cast: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou with Hosoda, Ma'a and the use of their TE.
O-Line Mililani vs Punahou= Mililani. They're just more aggressive and nastier.

DEFENSE
D-Line: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou, 3 down lineman do their jobs compared to just Manu for Mililani. Padello not as consistent as his brother.
LB: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou, Lakalaka, Chung and Moeai is the heart of that Defense. Best LB core in the state right now.
DB: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou. Although the DBs are Punahou's weakness, I still feel they're better than Mililani's DBs simply because ILH is a pass heavy league and Punahou's DBs are use to that. Not to mention they do have a good Safety Stratton who's a returning starter. Mililani's DBs aren't to shabby too but if I had to defend against Mililani pass game, I would use. Punahou's DB as opposed to Mililani's DBs. Just gotta remind Punahou to be ready for the trick plays.

SPECIAL TEAMS
P.A.T: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou
Punt: Mililani vs Punahou= Punahou
Kick/Punt Return: Mililani vs Punahou= Mililani, Malepeai and Ramos seems a lot dangerous than Noa by himself.
Kickoff: Mililani vs Punahou: Punahou. More touchbacks.
First, full disclosure: My sentiments are strongly with Mililani. I want Mililani to win this game something bad. 1. I have long felt that this year, Mililani's O-line is the best in the state. I love that you say they're aggressive and nasty. While Punahou does have a good D-line, I want Mililani's O-line to live-up to its reputation of aggressiveness and nastiness. As good as Punahou's D-linemen are, regardless: I want each Mililani O-lineman to aggressively make-up his mind that he's going to kick the butt of the Punahou D-lineman in front of him.
2. We all know about Mililani D-lineman Manu. But isn't Kaaiawaawa pretty good, too? I think both he and Manu are forces to be reckoned with on that D-line.
3. On balance, I think it's clear that Mililani's strength is its offense. They're going to have to milk that strength for all its worth. I think Malepeai is the best RB in the state, but it's hard to run on Punahou. I think Mililani needs to call pass plays some 75% of the time, yet give QB Milton the green light to run if he sees daylight, or if the play is broken by Punahou's D. He has outstanding running skills. Of course, Mililani has to give the ball to Malepeai at least every now and then. When you have the state's best RB, you have to feed him the ball now and then.