Predict Kamehameha vs St Louis playoff game

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Predict Kamehameha vs St Louis playoff game

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Island Spotlight wrote:Although I have never been a big fawn of ILH teams, I found this game more than entertaining. At first I thought that the Warriors would surely come out with the W, until St. Louis started putting points up on the board. Being that the Warriorʻs O were struggling to put points up, this put Kamehameha in a bad position. Their Defense definitely has the talent, but lacked leadership. Kane was no longer playing as a DB and Tafua and Borengasser were nowhere to be found. The soul of every defense usually starts with their linebackers, and it seemed like Foster was the only one moving D-linemen around in the trenches, but after a while he started to die out. I feel their D did a better job at containing Tua compared to their last meeting, but their DBʻs were allowing too many catches and failed to limit their yards after catch. Saint Louis did a spectacular job on capitalizing on the Warriors mistakes. As far as Kamʻs O, they didn't utilize their running game as much as I expected, and even with Kane being a full WR that game, they rarely even threw to him. There were times in the game when Kane was wide open for an easy 6 points, but he was invisible to Godinet. If you move your best DB to be a full WR, you should probably throw to him right...? But all in all, it was an exciting game!
The problem is that this year, Kamehameha has found ways to lose big games that are supposed to be winnable. I do think it was a mistake to use Kane as a receiver; I think he's too important as a DB, especially against a passing team like St Louis. As for Tafua at DE: Didn't he have a few sacks? I think he did his job. As for the LBs, well, Foster is the only really good one they have. Yes, I think the biggest disappointment was the running game, or lack thereof. Kamehameha really should have been able to run the ball on St Louis; I blame the O-line for the fact that they didn't.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Predict Kamehameha vs St Louis playoff game

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

CityWithNoPity!!! wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
CityWithNoPity!!! wrote:St.Louis is a totally different Team from when they first played the Buffs. This time the Crusaders comes out with a W!!!!! LOL@scrubs Swag43 how bout u scrub buffs cornnuttz then put it in yo mouf!!!!! :) jk lol
I agree that St Louis is better now than they were when they played Punahou the last time. But, what makes you so sure they'll BEAT Punahou this time? I mean, I'd like them to, but I simply don't think they can. Yes, the score will probably be closer this time, but "close" doesn't count.
im sure because the last time they played punahou just threw up the ball(bombs away) to win. i think st louis will do a better job in playing the deep ball. so if st louis can limit the bombs away keep everything in front and have stops which i know their D is capable of doing.....they will get the W. Different D meaning now looks like they know what theyre doing compare to the first meeting where they looked lost. just got to wait and see.
OK. As I had mentioned before, I would love to see St Louis beat Punahou. But...
1. How will St Louis "do a better job" with the deep ball? What would / can they do differently? And: Didn't Cui--one of their top receivers--get injured against Kamehameha? What's his status, will he play against Punahou?
2. St Louis' D is capable of having stops? Against Kamehameha, yes, but against Punahou? Punahou has a better O-line, RB, receiver, and QB than does Kamehameha.

I like your confidence, but I simply can't share it. I think Punahou's D is a little too strong.