Kapolei’s Hurricane goes north to Kahuku

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
2k_Hawaii
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: ATL Braves
NFL: SF 49ers

Re: Kapolei’s Hurricane goes north to Kahuku

Post by 2k_Hawaii »

OC16Dave wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:^ not really thats ur own thoughts, in either case its playoff time so no one needs an outside source for motivation to play hard. win or go home!

...why is oc16.tv website not working, trying to get setup for the stream.
Try http://www.oc16.us

oc16.tv went down.

Aloha!
Dave
is there any stream for the Mills game?

OC16Dave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OC16Dave »

2k_Hawaii wrote:
OC16Dave wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:^ not really thats ur own thoughts, in either case its playoff time so no one needs an outside source for motivation to play hard. win or go home!

...why is oc16.tv website not working, trying to get setup for the stream.
Try http://www.oc16.us

oc16.tv went down.

Aloha!
Dave
is there any stream for the Mills game?
Sorry, no. Just HD TV via 1020.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Kahuku 7-0 halftime. Defense is doing there job as for the offense they could've done more but bad plays by tuli and bad play calling. I really think kahuku would've been better with Reggie just because the running game.

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

Tonight is the first time I've seen Kapolei play and given the size of that o-line, it is really disappointing that they have been shut out thus far. You would think they could drive down but their o-linemen are slow and there's a lack of driving mentality. The offense seems to be plodding instead of driving. It would be interesting to see this size work with better coaching.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

rain and slippery field adds to an ugly offensive night for both teams. or should we say thank you kapolei oc (former kahuku oc) for taking kahukus lack of production offense to kapolei so that we can witness TWO lack of production offenses on display this night, lol

hats off to felipe and jordan helle for a very profesional job calling the game, along with daren hernandez the three best callers for high school football games.
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

im guessing a dr jeckle mr hyde for kahuku. they looked terrible tonight but will be good next week at the stadium against farrington.

mililani, cambell nor farrington was able to shut down kapolei this season but kahuku D did it tonight holding them to 0 points. the most underated defense in the state and still getting better because another adjustment was made in the defense and they played better, unfortunately the offense cant get any better the only hopes we have is for the O to not play bad and we should have a fighting chance.
-------------------

95boyz
High-quality H20 provider

Post by 95boyz »

No discipline. Bad play calling. And worst of all, No Adjustments.
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

95boyz

Post by 95boyz »

huki-lau-lau wrote:im guessing a dr jeckle mr hyde for kahuku. they looked terrible tonight but will be good next week at the stadium against farrington.

mililani, cambell nor farrington was able to shut down kapolei this season but kahuku D did it tonight holding them to 0 points. the most underated defense in the state and still getting better because another adjustment was made in the defense and they played better, unfortunately the offense cant get any better the only hopes we have is for the O to not play bad and we should have a fighting chance.
Totally agree. As long as our D keeps shutting down teams, all we gotta do is score with a safety and we'll win the game.
GO BIG RED WARRIORZ!!!

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

95boyz wrote:No discipline. Bad play calling. And worst of all, No Adjustments.
its a gringe and so predictable to watch tuli run right, tuli run left, repeat that for 4 quarters. but when he hands off to someone elsse and they fumble, or when he throws left and wr runs right...execution is most of their problems, the online not so good either and is affecting tulis play.

our offense would be way good and dynamic if sala and pena were full time running backs but they need to be reserved for defense. that right there "the lack of two fulltime full-backs" is what shaking up the offense, im sorry but kesi is not power back and cant be effective without a fullback to block or keep the defense guessing. really missing an aofaga type player this year
-------------------

footballfreak
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by footballfreak »

Kahuku's discipline on offense sucks, too many turnovers and penalties. Damn defense came to the rescue for both teams, but I was more impressed with Kapolei's defense. Naulu? at linebacker was a beast. The front line with Mahilona and Maluaina was a big help to the blitzing LB's. Kapolei's low tackling was amazing to say the least. Kahuku's defense was swarming all over the place. Getting to the offense, Kahuku's offensive line either was jumping off sides, if not, they held somebody. Not your typical quick striking Red Riders offensive line of the past, very undiscipline. I thought for a moment I was watching Farrington's line. Now I can see why they lost to Kaiser High, the turnovers and fumbles were all over the place. You can't play Mililani like that because the Trojams would have you for dinner. Kapolei on the other hand had a well discipline, huge, and non-existent offensive line. Why get guys who are 6'5+ if they can't block? Tongi and company was in Kapolei's backfield more than Kapolei's running backs. Kahuku better get their act together for the next game.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Kahuku should let the Dline play oline at times but I would put the ball in kesi hands he just need the blockers to give him a hole so he can do his magic. Coach Lee need to adjust to the players skills because we don't have that kind of QB and line to run his offense.

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

It was amazing to watch the defenses of both teams. Two of the best in the whole OIA. Kahuku is powerful and strong, Kapolei is quick and runs hard to the ball. They both play great overall defense. Both teams had good special teams. But wow both teams had junk offenses. Both lines were slow. Just terrible. Neither team could run or pass block. Passing was way off point. But I don't think the offenses are as bad as it looked, I just think the defenses are THAT good.

Take a closer look at the defenses we watched last night.

Kahuku giving up only 13 points per game and Kapolei giving up only 15 points per game.

Some Stats:

Kahuku held the following teams to their lowest point totals of the year
Kapolei 0
Waianae 15
Leilehua 14

Kapolei held the following teams to their lowest point totals of the year
Kahuku 9
Castle 0
Aiea 0
Kailua 0
Campbell 14

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

harus0ra wrote:Kahuku should let the Dline play oline at times but I would put the ball in kesi hands he just need the blockers to give him a hole so he can do his magic. Coach Lee need to adjust to the players skills because we don't have that kind of QB and line to run his offense.
The offense needs to shorten their pass routes and the QB needs to know his limitations. Quick short passes off of play action not long 20+ yrds, QB not accurate. The interceptions he threw wasn't even close to the receivers, in fact, had Kapolei's safeties played the ball on a few throws, they would have had 7 Int. Give Kapolei's defense credit for playing their hearts out, but for Kahuku to go further in the playoffs they need to be able to move that ball a little more efficient. Kahuku's defense is intimidating.

halaokolele
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by halaokolele »

I cant stand watching Kahuku offense this year, with all the past great running backs is just hard to stomach such a pathetic O.

After this year I think you will see most of the upcoming kahuku kids all making their way to Punahou.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

95boyz wrote:No discipline. Bad play calling. And worst of all, No Adjustments.
kind of funny, what you said is exactly what people were grumbling about Coach Reggie them....even though they were winning. What's even funnier, is that although Coach Leslie's O is more diverse, it's almost as predictable as smashmouth....as soon as certain players come in on O, you can pretty much tell what they're going to run.
I like Coach Leslie's vision, but I think he still doesn't understand what Hawaii football is about, especially Red Raider football. Hawaii football, especially in D1 and amongst the top teams is physical football; this isn't Idaho anymore. Again, I like him trying to mix up the O, but with any other coaches of the past, this team would absolutely run over everybody.

anyways, my 1cent.

Good luck Boys, we all know you guys playing hard! Beat the Govs!