Kapolei’s Hurricane goes north to Kahuku

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Kapolei’s Hurricane goes north to Kahuku

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Not sure what to think of this game, kahuku clearly dominated their first meeting 8 weeks ago and I would guess the same results will occur. but over the course of the season kahuku showed some inconsistency that they were not able to recover from. for example

1. losing to kaiser. red raiders were mistake prone the entire game, good teams would have a bad half or bad 3 quarters but gain their composure back in the end and pull out a victory. they did not do that and ended up losing.

2. no offensive production against leilehua. once again they did not recover that offense and get things rolling at all. were it not for special teams they would have lost.

3. no running game against waianae. although they dominated waianae their bread n butter running game was stopped by waianae, not because waianae was that tuff but because they were having issues on the oline and their blocking assignments, it needs to be fixed and working like how it was in the beginning of the season.

kapolei is a different team today then it was in the beginning of the season, they will come with force and power. im thinking it will be a closer game then expected, maybe 28-27 kahuku.

http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... p+World%29
Last edited by huki-lau-lau on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Re: Kapolei’s warpath goes north to Kahuku

Post by huki-lau-lau »

how good is farrington and campbell if they only beat kapolei by one point. yet kahuku thrashed kapolei 33-19. is that a telling sign of how good kahuku is? or was kapolei just having a bad night?

Kahuku 33, Kapolei 19

Farrington 28, Kapolei 26
Campbell 14, at Kapolei 13
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

huki-lau-lau wrote:how good is farrington and campbell if they only beat kapolei by one point. yet kahuku thrashed kapolei 33-19. is that a telling sign of how good kahuku is? or was kapolei just having a bad night?

Kahuku 33, Kapolei 19

Farrington 28, Kapolei 26
Campbell 14, at Kapolei 13
I don't think Kahuku would beat Kapolei by 14 this time around, and that's if they win. The thing about Kapolei is their scary O-line.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: I don't think Kahuku would beat Kapolei by 14 this time around, and that's if they win. The thing about Kapolei is their scary O-line.
how fitting that tropical storm "ANA" and possible hurricane is coming to the islands this weekend.

a tropical rainforest with many tall trees and forest greens rely on steady tradewinds.
these tradewinds that constantly blow on the trees make them sway and move around back and forth and changes the cellular structure of the bark and the tree and make um stronger in preparation to withstand hurricane forced winds that come across the islands.

the kaiser cougars was a tradewind that swayed the kahuku rainforest, leilehua and waianae also tradewinds that moved us back and forth.

this week the hurricanes are coming to town and we are prepared. go big red, KAHUKU STRONG!
-------------------

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Kapolei’s Hurricane goes north to Kahuku

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Kapolei better bring the hurricane dis week if they wanna win because I see kahuku on fire cookin up the storm with dem bomb shrimp on steroids from tita's grill lol...

Kahuku - 38 kapolei - 19

GetNutz808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by GetNutz808 »

It's going to be a good game. Kapolei is coming back strong. They scored the first points but then they fell off track due to a passing of one of players parents in the stands. It made them all emotional I believe and there O-Line is different. Reupena Fitisimanu(2) couldnt get past Viliamu Auwae(78) all night which made him punch Viliamu and Reupena got ejected. So Hurricanes will come back hungry and the Red Raiders will be looking forward to protecting there house. Best game of the week.

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

On another note a Kapolei Lineman said they can "physically dominate Kahuku" ..... :o Fo' Real?? ...... Shmeeeaaannn.

With that said I know the Young Men will bring it and bring it hard!!

Kahuku 42
Kapolei 10

GO BIG RED !!! :footballhelmet: :footballhelmet: :footballhelmet:

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Kapolei better bring the hurricane dis week if they wanna win because I see kahuku on fire cookin up the storm with dem bomb shrimp on steroids from tita's grill lol...

Kahuku - 38 kapolei - 19
You're saying Kahuku by 19? Take a better look at Kapolei's O-line, QB, and RB. Especially, the O-line.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Eastside Hooligan wrote:On another note a Kapolei Lineman said they can "physically dominate Kahuku" ..... :o Fo' Real?? ...... Shmeeeaaannn.

Kahuku 42
Kapolei 10

Kahuku by 32??!! Man, that's even wilder than what Defend_Yourself_808 said. Take another look at Kapolei's O-line, QB, and RB. I think Kahuku might win, but not by 32; not even by 19. I'd say Kahuku by 7. I think you guys are taking Kapolei way too lightly.

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Eastside Hooligan wrote:On another note a Kapolei Lineman said they can "physically dominate Kahuku" ..... :o Fo' Real?? ...... Shmeeeaaannn.

Kahuku 42
Kapolei 10

Kahuku by 32??!! Man, that's even wilder than what Defend_Yourself_808 said. Take another look at Kapolei's O-line, QB, and RB. I think Kahuku might win, but not by 32; not even by 19. I'd say Kahuku by 7. I think you guys are taking Kapolei way too lightly.
'Canes Oline is overrated. Give them one more off-season in DJ's system, and this time next year, we could be talking about how good they are.

The biggest concern for me is Big Red's O. It's already playoffs, and the Oline is still not up to par...I'm hearing injuries may have been a factor.

Only way Kapolei comes out on top:
1) Kahuku's O just completely disappears(like the Leilehua game);
2) 'Canes O plays lights out;
3) Even if 1 and 2 happen, 'Canes would have to dominate in special teams as well.
Like Coach H said, they will have to play "flawless".

Good luck to both schools!
But gota go with RED!! Red Raiders - 34 / Hurricanes - 27(but only because they score one or two touchdowns in the fourth against Big Red's reserves).

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

I'm going 28-20 Kahuku in the varsity game and 42-7 Kahuku in the JV game.

Go Big Red!!!

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Kahuku is taking this one. Bring up all the size you like but size means nothing without execution. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Kahuku's passing game. QB threw great passes on point vs. Waianae and if that continues, we could have a late bloomer in the contender scene.

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

I guess you can say that we are taking them lightly .....

Tallking trash is part of the game and all but to say that they could dominate Kahuku those are fighting words...... I know the Boys heard that it I am sure that ignited the imu fire within....I know that comment just made it personal and they will want to prove a point.

Think back when Mililani was given the OIA Championship after an ineligibal player and then Coach York said that they desereved the Championship.... Well Kahuku remembered that the following year and laid the smack down. Championships are earned not given.

Another idea so no excuses are made should they move the game to Kapolei so they won't use the it's a far ride excuse ......

GO BIG RED

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

^ not really thats ur own thoughts, in either case its playoff time so no one needs an outside source for motivation to play hard. win or go home!

...why is oc16.tv website not working, trying to get setup for the stream.
-------------------

OC16Dave
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by OC16Dave »

huki-lau-lau wrote:^ not really thats ur own thoughts, in either case its playoff time so no one needs an outside source for motivation to play hard. win or go home!

...why is oc16.tv website not working, trying to get setup for the stream.
Try www.oc16.us

oc16.tv went down.

Aloha!
Dave