Cancellations this weekend?

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Cancellations this weekend?

Post by saynotomercs »

Bayfest, yes THAT Bayfest got cancelled this afternoon. It would be chaos if any of the Oahu games didn't go down this weekend.

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Re: Cancellations this weekend?

Post by gridiron22 »

Its passing Oahu on Sunday so the Oahu games should be fine.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

gridiron22 wrote:Its passing Oahu on Sunday so the Oahu games should be fine.
I thought it was supposed to hit Oahu on Saturday.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Weather models are all over the place on where Ana will impact Maui and Oahu. The two most accurate models differ greatly. One show Ana going mostly south of Oahu and grazing Maui, which won't be good since the stronger winds are in the north/northeastern section of a hurricane. And the other model has Ana directly hitting Maui and The Big Island and grazing Oahu to the north. Point is, that their is still a lot of uncertainty. Either way Ana is forecast to hit Oahu Saturday night through all of Sunday.

On the safe side I would postpone all Saturday games on Oahu.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

There is a strong possibility that the SL vs.Kam game will be moved to Friday night.
The ILH is going to make that decision tomorrow.

The sad part is, if the SL and Kam game gets cancelled, then punahou will get the ILH championship outright.
They (ILH ) said its because there wouldn't be enough time to reschedule.
Last edited by LocalCheesehead on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

LocalCheesehead wrote:There is a strong possibility that the SL vs.Kam game will be moved to Friday night.

The sad part is, if the SL and Kam game gets cancelled, then punahou will get the automatic state berth outright.
they can hold it back one year.....ooops, lol.
-------------------

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

LocalCheesehead wrote:There is a strong possibility that the SL vs.Kam game will be moved to Friday night.

The sad part is, if the SL and Kam game gets cancelled, then punahou will get the ILH championship outright.
Well, Punahou is going to get the ILH title anyway. Neither St Louis nor Kamehameha can / will beat them.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:

Well, Punahou is going to get the ILH title anyway. Neither St Louis nor Kamehameha can / will beat them.
You never know, they could. Remember Chaminade beating Virginia.

But seriously that's BS if they give Punahou or any team for that matter a championship cause there's "not enough time to reschedule." female dog make time.

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

EITSwarrior wrote:

But seriously that's BS if they give Punahou or any team for that matter a championship cause there's "not enough time to reschedule." female dog make time.
Id agree with you if when they played teh scores werent 55-7 and 47-7.. i mean cmon.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

EASTHONFAN
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by EASTHONFAN »

Saturday OIA game moved to Friday night. Confirmed,
What game should OC16 show?

reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

Post by reignjah11 »

EASTHONFAN wrote:Saturday OIA game moved to Friday night. Confirmed,
What game should OC16 show?
I would like to see Campbell vs Leilehua but Kapolei vs Kahuku is good too! Actually all 4 quarterfinal games are great match ups. Mililani should beat Kaiser but the rest of the games could go either way.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

EITSwarrior wrote:

Yes, I remember Chaminade's upset of Virginia. But:
1. Basketball is very different than football.
2. I would suggest it's a lot easier to be off in basketball than in football.

St Louis doesn't have the D to stay with Punahou; Kamehameha has neither the O nor the D to stay with Punahou. I know that upsets are always technically possible, but I simply don't see St Louis or Kamehameha getting one against Punahou. Do you, really? I think that only Mililani has any realistic chance of upsetting Punahou. While St Louis can pass well, Mililani can pass and run well. And, Mililani's D is much better than St Louis' D. Still can't get over Damien scoring 35 points on St Louis; I mean, that's real bad. St Louis obviously has a D2 defense.

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Yes, I remember Chaminade's upset of Virginia. But:

St Louis doesn't have the D to stay with Punahou; Kamehameha has neither the O nor the D to stay with Punahou. I know that upsets are always technically possible, but I simply don't see St Louis or Kamehameha getting one against Punahou. Do you, really? I think that only Mililani has any realistic chance of upsetting Punahou. While St Louis can pass well, Mililani can pass and run well. And, Mililani's D is much better than St Louis' D. Still can't get over Damien scoring 35 points on St Louis; I mean, that's real bad. St Louis obviously has a D2 defense.
Hypothetically, would it be more of a shock to see anybody (besides maybe Mililani) beat Punahou that it was when Kahuku beat St. Louis the first time? Kahuku may have entered on a roll but so did St. Louis. That St. Louis team was on fire, beating a strong Kamehameha team by 25 and 35 points, destroying Castle by 50 (when Castle had quality players), and clobbering Waianae--the same Waianae team that defeated Kahuku earlier in the year and entered with one loss--by 55 points. That may be the best team that lost in the state tournament on the field. Kahuku's 2010 squad is the best that never won but that's a topic for another day.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Birdman316 wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Yes, I remember Chaminade's upset of Virginia. But:

Hypothetically, would it be more of a shock to see anybody (besides maybe Mililani) beat Punahou that it was when Kahuku beat St. Louis the first time? Kahuku may have entered on a roll but so did St. Louis. That St. Louis team was on fire, beating a strong Kamehameha team by 25 and 35 points, destroying Castle by 50 (when Castle had quality players), and clobbering Waianae--the same Waianae team that defeated Kahuku earlier in the year and entered with one loss--by 55 points. That may be the best team that lost in the state tournament on the field. Kahuku's 2010 squad is the best that never won but that's a topic for another day.
I remember when Kahuku beat St Louis the first time; that was 1999 or 2000. Yes, it was a shock, but not as much a shock as it would be if St Louis or Kamehameha were to beat Punahou this year. I recall saying it on another thread a month or so ago: "Kamehameha doesn't have an ice cube's chance in hell of beating Punahou." And I will add now: Neither does St Louis.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2679 ... -storm-ana
Updated: Oct 15, 2014 3:26 PM HST
By HNN Staff

The Interscholastic League of Honolulu (ILH) schedule has changed due to Ana. The following games will be moved to Oct. 17: St. Francis vs. Iolani (3:15 p.m.), Damien vs. Pac-Five (5:30 p.m.), Saint Louis vs. Kamehameha (8:15 p.m.).

The Oahu Interscholastic Association (OIA) has announced that the Kaiser vs. Mililani and Waianae vs. Farrington football games have been moved to Oct. 17. The Radford vs. Pearl City and Kalani vs. Nanakuli games have been pushed back to next weekend.
http://www.oiasports.com/sports_rap/gen ... escheduled
Sport/Event Originally Scheduled Date/Time/Place Rescheduled Date/Time Place

Kahuku JV vs Kapolei JV 10/17/14, 5:30 p.m., Kahuku Same as original

Kahuku V vs Kapolei V 10/17/14, 7:30 p.m., Kahuku Same as original

Leilehua V vs Campbell V 10/17/14, 6:00 p.m., Leilehua Friday, 10/17/14, 7:30 p.m., Leilehua

Pearl City JV vs Radford JV 10/17/14, 5:30 p.m., Pearl City Saturday, 10/25/14, 4:00 p.m., Pearl City

Pearl City V vs Radford V 10/17/14, 7:30 p.m., Pearl City Saturday, 10/25/14, 6:00 p.m., Pearl City

Waianae JV vs Mililani JV 10/17/14, 6:00 p.m., Waianae Thursday, 10/16/14, 6:00 p.m., Waianae

Nanakuli JV vs Kalaheo JV 10/17/14, 5:30 p.m., Nanakuli Saturday, 10/25/14, 4:00 p.m., Nanakuli

Nanakuli V vs Kalani V 10/17/14, 7:30 p.m., Nanakuli Saturday, 10/25/14, 6:00 p.m., Nanakuli

Campbell JV vs Castle JV 10/18/14, 2:00 p.m., Campbell Friday, 10/17/14, 5:30 p.m., Leilehua

Farrington JV vs Leilehua JV 10/18/14, 3:00 p.m., Roosevelt Friday, 10/17/14, 5:30 p.m., Roosevelt

Farrington V vs Waianae V 10/18/14, 5:00 p.m., Roosevelt Friday, 10/17/14, 7:30 p.m., Roosevelt

Mililani V vs Kaiser V 10/18/14, 7:00 p.m., Mililani Friday, 10/17/14, 7:00 p.m., Mililani