Predict who will win the State football championship.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Naue
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Predict who will win the State football championship.

Post by Naue »

The Private recruiter going beat the Public Recruiter..hahaha
"when they show you their true colors, believe them"

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Naue wrote:The Private recruiter going beat the Public Recruiter..hahaha
Too funny! May the best recruiter wins!!!

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Lol

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Mililani will win because their offense is the best in the state. it's a way better mililani team from last year for sure. They lost a few players on d but their young d is good enough to keep Punahou on their toes. Punahou didn't play anybody who gave their qb pressure like how mililani will. Punahous d to me is the best in the state right now no doubt. But then again u got Mckenzie Milton the fastest and smartest qb in the state. Hb Vavae malepeai the best in the state, WR Kalakaua timoteo who's been doing a tremendous job all year even with a injured shoulder. Three juniors who all played last year in the state championship game as a sophomore are in it to win it. Oh and not to mention kainoa Wilson is returning to states. Their o line well what can I say, all I gotta say is Farrington.
OK, I'm encouraged to hear this. This is something that we can cling to--those of us who don't want Punahou to repeat--as we anticipate Mililani playing Punahou.

Rocket95
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Rocket95 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Mililani will win because their offense is the best in the state. it's a way better mililani team from last year for sure. They lost a few players on d but their young d is good enough to keep Punahou on their toes. Punahou didn't play anybody who gave their qb pressure like how mililani will. Punahous d to me is the best in the state right now no doubt. But then again u got Mckenzie Milton the fastest and smartest qb in the state. Hb Vavae malepeai the best in the state, WR Kalakaua timoteo who's been doing a tremendous job all year even with a injured shoulder. Three juniors who all played last year in the state championship game as a sophomore are in it to win it. Oh and not to mention kainoa Wilson is returning to states. Their o line well what can I say, all I gotta say is Farrington.
OK, I'm encouraged to hear this. This is something that we can cling to--those of us who don't want Punahou to repeat--as we anticipate Mililani playing Punahou.
Nice observation. But everything you said about Mililani Offense could be said about Punahou Defense. They're probably the best Deftensive unit in the State. Got probably the best Linebacking core in the state and a bunch of seniors that been to the Championship twice winning it all last year. This is a different defense and team from last year. Defensively they are better. Offensively they got the #1 WR in the state, one of the top RB in the state, a pretty good QB and Mililani hasn't played a team like Punahou this year. So Mililani offense and Punahou defense match up pretty good. Practically the same players that played last years Champioship game. Besides those 2 trick plays Punahou's defense practically shut out Mililani offense last year. It be interesting to see them go at it again. Both teams are a year better. But they both need to get there first.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Rocket95 wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Nice observation. But everything you said about Mililani Offense could be said about Punahou Defense. They're probably the best Deftensive unit in the State. Got probably the best Linebacking core in the state and a bunch of seniors that been to the Championship twice winning it all last year. This is a different defense and team from last year. Defensively they are better. Offensively they got the #1 WR in the state, one of the top RB in the state, a pretty good QB and Mililani hasn't played a team like Punahou this year. So Mililani offense and Punahou defense match up pretty good. Practically the same players that played last years Champioship game. Besides those 2 trick plays Punahou's defense practically shut out Mililani offense last year. It be interesting to see them go at it again. Both teams are a year better. But they both need to get there first.
Well, I can't imagine either team not making it to the final. I don't see any other team knocking-off Mililani or Punahou.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Mililani has beaten all the top contendors in the OIA convincingly (Farrington, Campbell, Leilehua) and will beat them again if and when the trojans meet any of these teams in the playoffs. However the trojan D has given up points to these same teams with mediocre offenses so the case im making is that IF trojans and Puns meet up for the state title, the PUns will outscore the trojans. puns d is also better and will contain the mililani offnese enough to win the game so yeah i dont even think we need to play the game just give the puns the trophy.

back to the OIA playoffs, as much as everyone wants to see an mill vs. puns state title game, i think everyone wants to see kahuku vs. mill OIA title game. trojans beat everyone else so why not let kahuku have a chance at the trojans? and the only way they can technically battle each other is if both make it to the oia title game. my red raiders play a different style of ball and with different intensity levels that the trojans will have to adapt to. Kahuku defense is capable of cutting the mililani output in half to what they are used to scoring. and kahuku offense also has the ability to score on anyone so the only problem remains, what kahuku team will show up in the playoffs?

kahuku is the only OIA team with the ability to win the OIA title from the trojans, but they are also unpredictiable that they could even be eliminated next week against kapolei. for my sake and sanity I hope its the former and not the ladder.
-------------------

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

huki-lau-lau wrote:Mililani has beaten all the top contendors in the OIA convincingly (Farrington, Campbell, Leilehua) and will beat them again if and when the trojans meet any of these teams in the playoffs. However the trojan D has given up points to these same teams with mediocre offenses so the case im making is that IF trojans and Puns meet up for the state title, the PUns will outscore the trojans. puns d is also better and will contain the mililani offnese enough to win the game so yeah i dont even think we need to play the game just give the puns the trophy.

back to the OIA playoffs, as much as everyone wants to see an mill vs. puns state title game, i think everyone wants to see kahuku vs. mill OIA title game. trojans beat everyone else so why not let kahuku have a chance at the trojans? and the only way they can technically battle each other is if both make it to the oia title game. my red raiders play a different style of ball and with different intensity levels that the trojans will have to adapt to. Kahuku defense is capable of cutting the mililani output in half to what they are used to scoring. and kahuku offense also has the ability to score on anyone so the only problem remains, what kahuku team will show up in the playoffs?

kahuku is the only OIA team with the ability to win the OIA title from the trojans, but they are also unpredictiable that they could even be eliminated next week against kapolei. for my sake and sanity I hope its the former and not the ladder.
Great unbias comment, Kahuku can be great or they can flop (kaiser game) i think it depends on the passing game. Personally i wanna see a Kahuku Vs Punahou title game i think mililani is too cocky right now and cambell played them way to close for 3 quarters to be that confident.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Undftd wrote:
huki-lau-lau wrote:Mililani has beaten all the top contendors in the OIA convincingly (Farrington, Campbell, Leilehua) and will beat them again if and when the trojans meet any of these teams in the playoffs. However the trojan D has given up points to these same teams with mediocre offenses so the case im making is that IF trojans and Puns meet up for the state title, the PUns will outscore the trojans. puns d is also better and will contain the mililani offnese enough to win the game so yeah i dont even think we need to play the game just give the puns the trophy.

Great unbias comment, Kahuku can be great or they can flop (kaiser game) i think it depends on the passing game. Personally i wanna see a Kahuku Vs Punahou title game i think mililani is too cocky right now and cambell played them way to close for 3 quarters to be that confident.
Well, as good as Kahuku's D is, I think Mililani is too strong on O. They have the best RB in the state, the best QB in the state (when you add running ability), and the best O-line in the OIA D1. It still should come down to Mililani and Punahou.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

Does anyone think this year's Punahou team is better than the 2000 St. Louis or 2004 Kahuku teams?

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:Does anyone think this year's Punahou team is better than the 2000 St. Louis or 2004 Kahuku teams?
1. 2010 kahuku
2. 2008 punahou

you can certainly make a case for 2014 punahou but lets wait and see how they finish out the season. among many factors i think we need to look at how good the #1 team is over the #2 team so if we look at the most lopsided victorys in the state tourney we get the below top 3, pick your poison. Im biased and going with the disqualified 2010 kahuku team that thrashed eventual state champs and future heisman candidate marcus mariota stlouis team.

1999 St. Louis v. Kahuku 19-0
2008 Punahou v. Leilehua 38-7
2012 Kahuku v. Punahou 42-20

*2010 St. Louis v. Waianae 36-13 (Kahuku DQ'd from state tourney but beat St. Louis in preseason 49-20)
-------------------

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kahukus defense? Campbell's d is better. They have the best d in the o.i.a 2nd in the state. Mililani would dismantle Kahukus d :) the only team that has a chance beating mililani is Campbell. Campbell vs mililani game was all sabers. Don't let the scoreboard fool you Campbell's d came to play dat night. Campbell is the most underrated team this year don't be surprise if they take the o.i.a title. And mililani being cocky u maybe right but they sure as hell back it up.

Dude Kahuku loss to kaiser really. Lol I no care what u guys say I don't wanna hear oh umm the Santiago's are coaching them that's y bull crap lol. U guys loss to kaiser. Kahuku should not ever supposed to lose 2 kaiser c'mon and u think they have chance against mililani give me a break. :)

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Jus keep riding dem buffnblu wagon hahaha

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

u call campbell losing 57-28 to mililani a game? lol,hahahahahaha, lets not look at the scoreboard and just fantasize of what could have been!!!! lol
comeback next week and we see who is still playing
-------------------

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Punahou is a lock on states but you really can't say the same about Mililani...that score against Campbell is deceiving as we all watched it on Oc16 and know dam well Campbell played them close and could very well knock them off in a round 2...Teams has been putting big numbers on that Mililani Defense and Punahou will easily put up 40+ on them...you can't say the against Punahous D....Saint Louis 7 Kam 7, it's too dominating...