Predict who will win the State football championship.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Predict who will win the State football championship.

Post by kanakattack »

[quote="Swag43"]Punahou is a lock on states but you really can't say the same about Mililani...that score against Campbell is deceiving as we all watched it on Oc16 and know dam well Campbell played them close and could very well knock them off in a round 2...Teams has been putting big numbers on that Mililani Defense and Punahou will easily put up 40+ on them...you can't say the against Punahous D....Saint Louis 7 Kam 7, it's too dominating...

Not too sure about Campbell. They needed a miracle to beat a very average Kapolei team by 1 point. Not very consistent if you ask me. Mililani has been consistently outstanding on offense all year. Mililani has to be the heavy favorite to win the OIA.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Kahukus defense? Campbell's d is better. They have the best d in the o.i.a 2nd in the state. Mililani would dismantle Kahukus d :) the only team that has a chance beating mililani is Campbell. Campbell vs mililani game was all sabers. Don't let the scoreboard fool you Campbell's d came to play dat night. Campbell is the most underrated team this year don't be surprise if they take the o.i.a title. And mililani being cocky u maybe right but they sure as hell back it up.

Dude Kahuku loss to kaiser really. Lol I no care what u guys say I don't wanna hear oh umm the Santiago's are coaching them that's y bull crap lol. U guys loss to kaiser. Kahuku should not ever supposed to lose 2 kaiser c'mon and u think they have chance against mililani give me a break. :)
Just because Kahuku spank your team every year don't be bashing on them. Kaiser is for real this year! You say Campbell d came to play that night or you can say mililani o didn't came to play either way mililani spank Campbell! Look what happened to the past games Campbell played they struggle against aiea and couldn't stop Farrington running game and you called that defense. A real defense will dominate the run and pass.

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

Punahou will win.

I am BIG RED RAIDER Supporter but they way they played this season has got me leaning to the BUFF N BLUE and due to the fact I don't care for Mililani!!

I am not going to say who has the better O-Line , D-Line , Running Back , Etc. You never know what can happen in the game and that is why we play them.

GO BIG RED!!!

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

Punahou will win.

I am BIG RED RAIDER Supporter but they way they played this season has got me leaning to the BUFF N BLUE and due to the fact I don't care for Mililani!!

I am not going to say who has the better O-Line , D-Line , Running Back , Etc. You never know what can happen in the game and that is why we play them.

GO BIG RED!!!

bloodred
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bloodred »

I'm not going to say that Lahainaluna will win the DII title but some of the reasons they are being considered is their 4 year varsity players.

#23 RB/LB Jared Rocha-Islas (2013 MIL Offensive POY) http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1773931/hig ... /109983375
#25 WR/DB Scott Medeiros-Tangatailoa http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2188769/highlights/63356383
#53 LB/OL Brandon Kaina http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1748798/highlights/26376376
#54 DL/OL Connor Mowat (2013 MIL Defensive POY) http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1748735/hig ... /183977376
#78 DL/OL Justin Hong

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

bloodred wrote:I'm not going to say that Lahainaluna will win the DII title but some of the reasons they are being considered is their 4 year varsity players.

#23 RB/LB Jared Rocha-Islas (2013 MIL Offensive POY) http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1773931/hig ... /109983375
#25 WR/DB Scott Medeiros-Tangatailoa http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2188769/highlights/63356383
#53 LB/OL Brandon Kaina http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1748798/highlights/26376376
#54 DL/OL Connor Mowat (2013 MIL Defensive POY) http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1748735/hig ... /183977376
#78 DL/OL Justin Hong
Rather see them win than a team that's got as much business playing D2 (Iolani) as a 35-year old man's got hitting on a teenage girl.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Who cares about Campbell all I said was their d is better then kahukus d. Aginst kapolei camplbell held them to 13 points kahuku held them to 19. Three shutout games including Waipahu where kahuku gave up 10 points to. I state facts. And no sir my team dont get spanked from kahuku every year not last year. It was pretty much the other way around. :) keep riding dem buffnblu wagon since yo team loss to a team u say is the real deal kaiser lol. Trojans in da fale

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

My predictions -

Mililani - 54 kaiser - 21

Leilehua - 14 Campbell - 28

Waianae - 14 Farrington - 31

Kahuku - 38 Kapolei - 19

Semifinals-

Mililani - 41 Campbell - 14

Kahuku - 21 Farrington - 19

O.I.A title-

Mililani - 49 Kahuku - 21

Fast forward to state championship game -

Mililani - 100 punahou - 99

:) Battle of the recruits part 2... Go Trojans
Last edited by Defend_Yourself_808 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

based on pure talent a greater percentages would have trojans winning oia title and punahou winning state title.

however like i say i am hopefull for kahuku to pull a rabbit out the hat this year because they have been known to rise to the occasion in years past. i seen the neccesary adjustments made to fix some of the weakenses in their defense and now the offense has been improved too, a couple of key injuries are back to. kahuku was overall more talented then kaiser but with some luck and a good strategy kaiser pulled it out. anything can happen so trojans and puns better not take any games lightly.

like coach amosa said a few years ago..."theres something about those kahuku kids"
-------------------

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Who cares about Campbell all I said was their d is better then kahukus d. Aginst kapolei camplbell held them to 13 points kahuku held them to 19. Three shutout games including Waipahu where kahuku gave up 10 points to. I state facts. And no sir my team dont get spanked from kahuku every year not last year. It was pretty much the other way around. :) keep riding dem buffnblu wagon since yo team loss to a team u say is the real deal kaiser lol. Trojans in da fale
Trojans in the fale but the English language isn't lol.

You beat Kahuku once and you think you run the state? Slow down bruddah. I still say Mililani looks better than the Red Raiders this year but slow your role. It's the kids and staff that win the games, not any random flame war on a forum.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Yeah you ain't lien. It's the ulus & green bananas that's what it is. Kahuku is always gonna have the talent no matter what they jus gotta stop drinking kava before da game das y they loss to kaiser jks :) I give props to any team who deserves it like kaiser. I may be a lil harsh on kahuku but hey u guys are always gonna be the greatest high school football in the country. U guys produce the most nfl players in the country and will continue to dominate. So a lil harsh words won't hurt I ain't hating jus jealous das all lol. But anyways u right about kahuku they are dangours in the playoffs anything could happend but I have to stick my pridiction. Go Trojans .. Ps keep riding dem buffnblu wagon if u guys fall short lol jks

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Soleu y so serious are u a lil butt hurt se polo no can handle reading what I put then go read the bible it's Sunday lol ... Humor get some if not $u$ME :)

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Swag43 wrote:Punahou is a lock on states but you really can't say the same about Mililani...that score against Campbell is deceiving as we all watched it on Oc16 and know dam well Campbell played them close and could very well knock them off in a round 2...Teams has been putting big numbers on that Mililani Defense and Punahou will easily put up 40+ on them...you can't say the against Punahous D....Saint Louis 7 Kam 7, it's too dominating...
Iolani 22. Is that because Punahou's first-string D was pulled early?
What about the fact that Farrington beat Campbell?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Kahukus defense? Campbell's d is better. They have the best d in the o.i.a 2nd in the state. Mililani would dismantle Kahukus d :) the only team that has a chance beating mililani is Campbell. Campbell vs mililani game was all sabers. Don't let the scoreboard fool you Campbell's d came to play dat night. Campbell is the most underrated team this year don't be surprise if they take the o.i.a title. And mililani being cocky u maybe right but they sure as hell back it up.

Dude Kahuku loss to kaiser really. Lol I no care what u guys say I don't wanna hear oh umm the Santiago's are coaching them that's y bull crap lol. U guys loss to kaiser. Kahuku should not ever supposed to lose 2 kaiser c'mon and u think they have chance against mililani give me a break. :)
1. Despite Campbell's good D, they still lost to Farrington.
2. The Kaiser game might not be a good measuring-stick for Kahuku. Kaiser won by 1 point with just seconds left in the game, and only after Kahuku fumbled 6 or 7 times during the game. Would all that happen again if the two teams were to play each other again? Not likely. A win is a win, but I think it's pretty clear that that Kaiser win was a fluke.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

kanakattack wrote:
Swag43 wrote:Punahou is a lock on states but you really can't say the same about Mililani...that score against Campbell is deceiving as we all watched it on Oc16 and know dam well Campbell played them close and could very well knock them off in a round 2...Teams has been putting big numbers on that Mililani Defense and Punahou will easily put up 40+ on them...you can't say the against Punahous D....Saint Louis 7 Kam 7, it's too dominating...

Not too sure about Campbell. They needed a miracle to beat a very average Kapolei team by 1 point. Not very consistent if you ask me. Mililani has been consistently outstanding on offense all year. Mililani has to be the heavy favorite to win the OIA.
Without question, Mililani has the best O in the OIA D1. However, their D has surrendered quite a few points, and for that reason, I would be reluctant to say Mililani is the heavy favorite in the OIA. The favorite for sure, but I don't know about heavy favorite. Campbell did have them scared for the first three quarters of their game with them.
Also, I'm not sure I would call Kapolei a very average team; I think they're much better than average, to be sure. With the O-line they have, they can't be just "average." They also have a versatile QB who can pass and run, as well as a decent RB. So it's not like that big, tall O-line has no one to block for.