Predict who will win the State football championship.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Predict who will win the State football championship.

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

huki-lau-lau wrote:based on pure talent a greater percentages would have trojans winning oia title and punahou winning state title.

however like i say i am hopefull for kahuku to pull a rabbit out the hat this year because they have been known to rise to the occasion in years past. i seen the neccesary adjustments made to fix some of the weakenses in their defense and now the offense has been improved too, a couple of key injuries are back to. kahuku was overall more talented then kaiser but with some luck and a good strategy kaiser pulled it out. anything can happen so trojans and puns better not take any games lightly.

like coach amosa said a few years ago..."theres something about those kahuku kids"
Unfortunately, Punahou can take just about every game lightly except the one against Mililani, and even in that game, they'll be the favorite. Until that game, Mililani has to watch-out for Campbell (if those two meet again).
Agree that Kaiser was definitely lucky to beat Kahuku. If it weren't for Kahuku's six or seven fumbles...

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Definitely not going be the Trojans. Their D isn't all that great. The only reason their D kick's butt is cause their O is so good. As soon as the O kicks into high gear and scores points, the pressure is on the other team to score to get out of the hole.

From an objective standpoint, here are the top teams I think have the best of shot at D1 states:
1) Punahou (Most well rounded team)
2) Mililani (Can't get away from the fact that their O is pretty awesome)
3) Kahuku(Lots of talent on both sides of the ball, hoping they're starting to hit their stride)/St Louis(Also have an explosive O)
4) Campbell(Really needs to learn to bang for 4 quarters)

GO BIG RED!!!

On a side note: Big Red needs to show 'Canes that they better put their money where their mouf is...

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

rrforlifebaby wrote:Definitely not going be the Trojans. Their D isn't all that great. The only reason their D kick's butt is cause their O is so good. As soon as the O kicks into high gear and scores points, the pressure is on the other team to score to get out of the hole.

From an objective standpoint, here are the top teams I think have the best of shot at D1 states:
1) Punahou (Most well rounded team)
2) Mililani (Can't get away from the fact that their O is pretty awesome)
3) Kahuku(Lots of talent on both sides of the ball, hoping they're starting to hit their stride)/St Louis(Also have an explosive O)
4) Campbell(Really needs to learn to bang for 4 quarters)

GO BIG RED!!!

On a side note: Big Red needs to show 'Canes that they better put their money where their mouf is...
There's no way St Louis has any shot at D1 states; their D is simply too weak. Damien scored 35 points on them! No question that St Louis' passing game is outstanding, but they simply can't get anywhere near D1 states with the D they have. Heck, they might even lose to Kamehameha this week. I mean, if Damien hung 35 points on them, how many points will Kamehameha hang on them?

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Soleu y so serious are u a lil butt hurt se polo no can handle reading what I put then go read the bible it's Sunday lol ... Humor get some if not $u$ME :)
Can't tell if you're describing your own reaction on my post or on your struggle with English. lol

but to answer the question of the op I'd have to go with Punahou. 3 teams I think with the highest chances are Punahou, Mililani, and Leilehua. Picked Leilehua over KAH because I think it's easier to fix ST than it is to fix an offensive unit. LEI over FARR because Tokuda always seems to handle the bigger stage better. LEI over KSK and STL because I can't see those teams taking out PUN in the ILH. PUN and MIL are a toss up to me. I think the 2 will play even and none of us know how these guys are in the 4th quarter with the game far from decided.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Who cares about Campbell all I said was their d is better then kahukus d. Aginst kapolei camplbell held them to 13 points kahuku held them to 19. Three shutout games including Waipahu where kahuku gave up 10 points to. I state facts.
13 and 19 points is not that big a difference, kahuku also scored 33 against kapolei and campbell could only muster 14?
lets see what kahuku defense does to kapolei the second time around this week.
kahuku only allowed 14 from leilehua, lets see what sabers do this week against the mules.

scoringlive has kahuku defense/special teams #1 in the state as the list below.
1. Kahuku 84.5
2. Farrington 71.5
3. Punahou 70.0
4. Castle 60.0
5. Waianae 50.0
6. Nanakuli 46.5
7. Campbell 41.5
8. Mililani 37.0
-------------------

dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider

Post by dirtylickens »

Punahou is the favorite. Between Punahou and Mililani, i believe their offenses are about the equal. But Punahou's defense is what sets them apart from everyone else. They have a the defense to slow down the trojans. Other then them, i dont see anyone else really making a run at the title.

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

huki-lau-lau wrote:
Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Who cares about Campbell all I said was their d is better then kahukus d. Aginst kapolei camplbell held them to 13 points kahuku held them to 19. Three shutout games including Waipahu where kahuku gave up 10 points to. I state facts.
13 and 19 points is not that big a difference, kahuku also scored 33 against kapolei and campbell could only muster 14?
lets see what kahuku defense does to kapolei the second time around this week.
kahuku only allowed 14 from leilehua, lets see what sabers do this week against the mules.

scoringlive has kahuku defense/special teams #1 in the state as the list below.
1. Kahuku 84.5
2. Farrington 71.5
3. Punahou 70.0
4. Castle 60.0
5. Waianae 50.0
6. Nanakuli 46.5
7. Campbell 41.5
8. Mililani 37.0
Quick note these are not rankings just points scored by the defense.. Punahou clearly the number 1 D.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

the last word about the state title game. if you want to know what will happen this year if puns meet trojans in title game?
look at lastyears title game between the puns and trojans. same players returning for both teams = same results.
-------------------

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Soleu who are you. R u the online English reading police. Hahaha are u giving me a lack of grammar behavior ticket hahaha. Could u find it in your proud English heart of yours to forgive me for my lack of English behavior because I'm struggling soooo baaaaddd... Lol

Hey man is soleu even an English name/word. Hahaha $u$ME Please. Can i have me another ticket BLEEEZ. Pretty pretty bleeeeeez.. Yezz BleeEEzzzz hahaha se polo :)

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

soleu wrote:
Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Soleu y so serious are u a lil butt hurt se polo no can handle reading what I put then go read the bible it's Sunday lol ... Humor get some if not $u$ME :)
Can't tell if you're describing your own reaction on my post or on your struggle with English. lol

but to answer the question of the op I'd have to go with Punahou. 3 teams I think with the highest chances are Punahou, Mililani, and Leilehua. Picked Leilehua over KAH because I think it's easier to fix ST than it is to fix an offensive unit. LEI over FARR because Tokuda always seems to handle the bigger stage better. LEI over KSK and STL because I can't see those teams taking out PUN in the ILH. PUN and MIL are a toss up to me. I think the 2 will play even and none of us know how these guys are in the 4th quarter with the game far from decided.
Glad to see that you think Mililani and Punahou will play even, but how? Seems that Punahou has the advantage on defense.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Soleu who are you. R u the online English reading police. Hahaha are u giving me a lack of grammar behavior ticket hahaha. Could u find it in your proud English heart of yours to forgive me for my lack of English behavior because I'm struggling soooo baaaaddd... Lol

Hey man is soleu even an English name/word. Hahaha $u$ME Please. Can i have me another ticket BLEEEZ. Pretty pretty bleeeeeez.. Yezz BleeEEzzzz hahaha se polo :)
lol, hahaahahhahahhahaha, all in good fun.......se ufa! lol, hahahahhahah :D
-------------------

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Hahaha all jokes and fun.. soleu stop making trouble dammit...lol

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

from the scoring live article which i found interesting

"Punahou's defense was also able to shut down Kamehameha's vaunted running game. The Warriors entered the contest averaging 309 rushing yards per game. Punahou held them to just 14 yards of net rushing.

Out of Kamehameha's 26 rush attempts, nine failed to cross the line of scrimmage. The longest run that the Buffanblu allowed was just for five yards."
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Wow punahou's d is on another level. I still think mililani will win states. Dont ask me how or why. Its a secret .......... :)

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:Wow punahou's d is on another level. I still think mililani will win states. Dont ask me how or why. Its a secret .......... :)
too funny. this is a wild guess, but i'm tinkin maybe someone in Trojan country got the scoop on a possble ineligible player on the Puns roster???? [-X lol. jk