Predict who will win the State football championship.

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Predict who will win the State football championship.

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Undftd wrote:from the scoring live article which i found interesting

"Punahou's defense was also able to shut down Kamehameha's vaunted running game. The Warriors entered the contest averaging 309 rushing yards per game. Punahou held them to just 14 yards of net rushing.

Out of Kamehameha's 26 rush attempts, nine failed to cross the line of scrimmage. The longest run that the Buffanblu allowed was just for five yards."
Well, you have to assume that Kamehameha's running game was overrated from the start, or at least, that's what I thought. You figure, how can their running game be that good when 1.) They lost all but one member of last year's O-line to graduation, and 2.) Apelu is out for the season.
Kamehameha was piling-up all their rushing yards against teams with weak defenses. Still, though, Kamehameha should have had more than 14 yds rushing, even against Punahou. That's probably why Kamehameha dropped so badly in the rankings after that. Kamehameha's O-line didn't look good at all.

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Punahou looks dominating but they never been tested! I think the top 5 oia teams could destroy st.Louis and kam. Mililani looks favorite to make it to the state championship game and is going to be welled prepared. Like what I said the earlier the one with best recruits will win the game!

Swag43
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Swag43 »

Punahou, Kam, and saint Louis would wipe their @ss with the top 5 OIA team...to bad only one team will represent the ILH in the states...they did this coz they know it could very well be an ILH state championship game every year....believe me when I say it's gonna be a cake walk for the buff n blue...

harus0ra
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by harus0ra »

Swag43 wrote:Punahou, Kam, and saint Louis would wipe their @ss with the top 5 OIA team...to bad only one team will represent the ILH in the states...they did this coz they know it could very well be an ILH state championship game every year....believe me when I say it's gonna be a cake walk for the buff n blue...
Yeah sure...then why does the oia have more states titles than ILH? St.Louis and kam got lucky this year not playing the elite teams in the oia. Didn't kapolei run over st.Louis defense during scrimmage so did Farrington did to kam and punahou. Beside mililani had alot of chance to beat punahou in last year's title game AND believe me when I say the ILH needs to recruit to win games.hahahaha

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

harus0ra wrote:
Swag43 wrote:Punahou, Kam, and saint Louis would wipe their @ss with the top 5 OIA team...to bad only one team will represent the ILH in the states...they did this coz they know it could very well be an ILH state championship game every year....believe me when I say it's gonna be a cake walk for the buff n blue...
Yeah sure...then why does the oia have more states titles than ILH? St.Louis and kam got lucky this year not playing the elite teams in the oia. Didn't kapolei run over st.Louis defense during scrimmage so did Farrington did to kam and punahou. Beside mililani had alot of chance to beat punahou in last year's title game AND believe me when I say the ILH needs to recruit to win games.hahahaha
1. Are you sure Farrington ran over Punahou and Kamehameha? That's not what I heard. Sure, Farrington probably has the heaviest O-line in the state, but heaviest doesn't necessarily mean best. In fact, Farrington's O-line is kind of slow, surely due in part to its being so heavy. Note: I'm not a fan of Punahou, believe me. But, I did hear that Farrington didn't do very well against them in their scrimmage.
2. It's hard for Kamehameha to recruit because their players have to have Hawaiian blood. I think their DE Tafua was supposed to play for Kahuku, but I don't know if Kamehameha actively recruited him.
3. To prove I'm not pro-ILH--or pro-any league--I'm rooting for Mililani against Punahou. I don't really care about leagues; I'm interested in teams, regardless of league.

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
harus0ra wrote:
1. Are you sure Farrington ran over Punahou and Kamehameha? That's not what I heard. Sure, Farrington probably has the heaviest O-line in the state, but heaviest doesn't necessarily mean best. In fact, Farrington's O-line is kind of slow, surely due in part to its being so heavy. Note: I'm not a fan of Punahou, believe me. But, I did hear that Farrington didn't do very well against them in their scrimmage.
2. It's hard for Kamehameha to recruit because their players have to have Hawaiian blood. I think their DE Tafua was supposed to play for Kahuku, but I don't know if Kamehameha actively recruited him.
3. To prove I'm not pro-ILH--or pro-any league--I'm rooting for Mililani against Punahou. I don't really care about leagues; I'm interested in teams, regardless of league.
I think as a punahou fan mililani would beat KAM and did beat STL, but i do think the lLH still has the edge over the OIA just because of the recruiting.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

bloodred
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bloodred »

bloodred wrote:I'm not going to say that Lahainaluna will win the DII title but some of the reasons they are being considered is their 4 year varsity players.

#23 RB/LB Jared Rocha-Islas (2013 MIL Offensive POY) http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1773931/hig ... /109983375
#25 WR/DB Scott Medeiros-Tangatailoa http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2188769/highlights/63356383
#53 LB/OL Brandon Kaina http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1748798/highlights/26376376
#54 DL/OL Connor Mowat (2013 MIL Defensive POY) http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1748735/hig ... /183977376
#78 DL/OL Justin Hong
#8 QB/DB Makoa Filikitonoga http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2315155/hig ... /115165384
#56 DL/OL Penisimani Taufa

Two more reasons Lahainaluna has a great chance to win the DII state football championship

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

Gotta ask--is the gap between Punahou and the other ILH D1 teams as great as the gap was in 2010 between St. Louis and the other ILH D1 teams?

fanoffb
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by fanoffb »

Undftd wrote:
I think as a punahou fan mililani would beat KAM and did beat STL, but i do think the lLH still has the edge over the OIA just because of the recruiting.
[/quote][/quote]

But what about Leilehua, Kahuku, and Campbell (the second bests of the OIA)? A Kamehameha vs Kahuku match up would be intriguing but I'd have to go with Kahuku. Campbell or Leilehua vs. St. Louis would be another toss up, but I might lean towards St. Louis. If only there was someway for all of these teams to play each other near the end of the season...

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@fanoffb: I think a Kamehameha / Kahuku matchup would be very good, as they seem to be so even with each other. I have no immediate sense of who would win. For what it's worth, I think Kamehameha has the better QB and the better secondary, while Kahuku has the better running game.
As for St Louis, I think they would beat Campbell but lose to Leilehua. The problem with St Louis is that their D is so weak; certainly, Leilehua's D is better. I could see Leilehua running and passing all over St Louis, while St Louis might pass Leilehua silly. This would probably be a close, high-scoring game. I think Campbell has a better D than Leilehua, but Campbell's O isn't as good as Leilehua's. As good as Campbell's D may be, I don't think it's good enough to contain St Louis' passing game enough for Campbell's O to keep-up score-for-score.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:My predictions -

Mililani - 54 kaiser - 21

Leilehua - 14 Campbell - 28

Waianae - 14 Farrington - 31

Kahuku - 38 Kapolei - 19

Semifinals-

Mililani - 41 Campbell - 14

Kahuku - 21 Farrington - 19

O.I.A title-

Mililani - 49 Kahuku - 21

Fast forward to state championship game -

Mililani - 100 punahou - 99

:) Battle of the recruits part 2... Go Trojans

my predictions i made last week for this weeks games was on point, except the kahuku vs kapolei game :) i edited only a misspelled word at 8:00pm before the games... so I'm legit :)

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Mililani be spankin dat okole cheee.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

I'm so proud of dem Trojan boys. Once again they prove me right with my predictions. To everybody on this forum I would like to jus say thank you so much for believing in me with what I've been trying to show u guys with my awsome statements for the past few months hahaha jks. To Hawaii hs fanatic tell everyone who was always on point, Mr defend_yourself_808 lol.... to swag 43, martin, soleu & undft, it was a pleasure talkin smack with you all. Nothing but fun and games great job by both teams. Proud of hawaii high school football period cheeeeee now let's go steelers :)

soleu
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by soleu »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:I'm so proud of dem Trojan boys. Once again they prove me right with my predictions. To everybody on this forum I would like to jus say thank you so much for believing in me with what I've been trying to show u guys with my awsome statements for the past few months hahaha jks. To Hawaii hs fanatic tell everyone who was always on point, Mr defend_yourself_808 lol.... to swag 43, martin, soleu & undft, it was a pleasure talkin smack with you all. Nothing but fun and games great job by both teams. Proud of hawaii high school football period cheeeeee now let's go steelers :)
Sole, not gonna lie, but you were right. Someone should still crack you lol, but you were right my braddah. Congrats on the title.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Lol soleu thanks uce polo :p