2016 Top Five Prospects In Hawaii Ranked

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: 2016 Top Five Prospects In Hawaii Ranked

Post by LocalCheesehead »

Godinet I believe is going to Mililani next season. Will be used primarily as wide receiver.

That's what I heard..... 8)

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

LocalCheesehead wrote:Godinet I believe is going to Mililani next season. Will be used primarily as wide receiver.

That's what I heard..... 8)
Transferring to touch the ball less? Even if he projects as a wideout, this is a terrible decision for his football future.

Hopefully this is an academic decision.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Defend_Yourself_808 »

Gaoteote is headed to bishop Gorman High School

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

luca Vartic From Konawaena is transferring to St. Louis. Him and Kobayashi both from Big Island should be interesting to watch.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:luca Vartic From Konawaena is transferring to St. Louis. Him and Kobayashi both from Big Island should be interesting to watch.
Woudn't he have to sit out a year?

leadership
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by leadership »

teamhawaii wrote:
Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:luca Vartic From Konawaena is transferring to St. Louis. Him and Kobayashi both from Big Island should be interesting to watch.
Nope, he attended a Charter School...Last year he played mostly DB, very little WR and made Honorable Mention in BIIF DII (Coaches know). Has physical size and speed but it seemed like, well it was obvious he wasn't a fan of contact, something I'm sure he'll need to get accustomed to in the ILH.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

leadership wrote:
teamhawaii wrote:
Nope, he attended a Charter School...Last year he played mostly DB, very little WR and made Honorable Mention in BIIF DII (Coaches know). Has physical size and speed but it seemed like, well it was obvious he wasn't a fan of contact, something I'm sure he'll need to get accustomed to in the ILH.
If I'm not mistaken, neighbor island transfers to Oahu don't need to sit out.

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

saynotomercs is correcto to teamhawaiis questiono ;)

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

leadership wrote:
teamhawaii wrote:

He better shape up then and eat some courage food lol

Defend_Yourself_808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

saynotomercs wrote:
KindergartenCop wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ktbMUhi51U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkiBpGvkQ8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM0QJ9am4do

Freshman stats: 38 receptions for 928 yards and 9 TD - 24 yards per catch 1 TD for every 4.0 catches
Sophomore stats: 16 receptions for 465 yards and 6 TD - 29 yards per catch 1 TD for every 2.6 catches
Junior stats: 31 receptions for 654 yards and 9 TD - 31 yards per catch 1 TD for every 3.4 catches

Drew was not used in the same manor as the top receivers in the state (Noa, Timoteo,) They both play in a different style of offense. Look at Punahou and Mililani team stats on Scoring Live or Hawaii Prep World. The next receiver in total yards has some distance between them.

STL spreads the ball around to all their receivers because they play team concept. They all have the same if not very close yardage. Its not about individual production, its about team production. There is no way Drew will ever be a total yards production guy at STL. He has limited touches and he makes the most out of them.

If the worst thing your saying that he dogs on plays he is not getting the ball or when the play is not going his side, you should also watch the other top two receivers more carefully. Him having an attitude is hearsay from a coach. You should not have even said something you did not see or hear for yourself.

Remember gentleman these are 16,17,18 year old young men, not grown men like ourselves. I've heard nothing but positive things about his attitude during practice and in games. He speaks highly of his school and compliments only, no negative remarks from this kid when he is asked.

lets all "BE MARCUS"
While the Kahuku posters on this board are probably the most provincial and entitled, the Saint Louis posters are definitely the dumbest.

The object of any team's offense is to score as many points possible. If that means that everyone does their job well enough so that Kanawai Noa scores 30 touchdowns, so be it. Don't go putting Saint Louis on a pedestal because they spread the ball out and in doing so scored less points than Punahou and Mililani three different times just last season. If you're saying that Kobayashi is just as effective as Noa and Timoteo you are delusional. This doesn't mean that he won't be the best among the three in college, but if you're talking past ability, Kobayashi isn't even close.

Stop with the kid gloves.

Equating Marcus with utter delusion and stupidity is insulting to him and anyone else who has ever graduated from that school. In fact, we need to stop bowing at his feet like he's a demigod. He's a nice kid with a lot of talent. Why does he mean that much to you?

lol i agree with Saynotomercs... They all get excuses for everything lol. Kala and Noa was just HAMMAHS all season. Get outta here with that team concept bull crap. What the hell u think football is. So what, only St. louis know how for play football and everybody else don't. ah K'MAAAAAN..... Every team hustles and grind on the field . And then it all depends on who wants to eat the most.... The sleeper Timoteo has been hungry since the start of last season, now lets see if drew is hungry this season... Go Trojans.... ;)

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:saynotomercs is correcto to teamhawaiis questiono ;)
Thanks for the update Saynotmercs!

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

To avoid any "sticky" interpretations of any of the transfer rules (OIA, ILH, etc.) it appears teams are beginning to recruit neighbor island kids. If so, that sucks for the neighbor island teams...but you can't blame kids for wanting more than they have. Opportunity is everywhere, even on the neighbor islands. Unfortunately, you need to be extremely proactive and market yourself if you don't live on Oahu. It can still be done, though.

alleyezonme
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by alleyezonme »

My understanding of the transfer rule has always been: public to private is an automatic sit out. If you transfer from a public school on the mainland then I believe the player can play. Just odd that they would consider a player from another island like he was coming from another state. I know that when transferring between islands, you still need to follow the same protocol of having your guardian reside in the district, or in a private school's case on island. MauiGuy, you are absolutely right about the neighbor islands being a little recruiting pad for Oahu teams. In the past few years, teams like Kahuku, Kaiser, and St Louis have had coaches throw camps "for" these outer island kids. What it basically turns out to be is a showcase of talent for these programs to recruit.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

alleyezonme wrote: In the past few years, teams like Kahuku, Kaiser, and St Louis have had coaches throw camps "for" these outer island kids. What it basically turns out to be is a showcase of talent for these programs to recruit.
can you give an example of a kahuku staff doing a camp on the outerislands that past few years? not questioning you statement just want to be more informed.
kahuku always have kids from all over the world but its not because camps, its because the name kahuku. i tink so this year get one kid from newzealand another from samoa, couple more return from kam school. reggie did camps in hauula but thats for the love of the kids in our own district, not to attract other talent.
-------------------

MauiRaider
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by MauiRaider »

Huki-lau-lau, you seemed to know a lot about Kahuku this year. Can you give me your take on how Kahuku will fare this coming season. I live in Utah now and so I want your honest opinion of what we should expect to see from Kahuku this year especially with their new Coaching Staff. What are the names of key players you see that will make an impact this year at the following positions: Quarterback, Running Backs, TE, Wide Receivers, Offensive Line, Defensive Line, Linebackers, and Secondary. I've read some reports that some of our kids did really well at the recent All-Poly Camp in Utah but that's about it. As you probably guess I am a proud Kahuku Alumni that graduated in 1970 and in my Senior year we were very fortunate to win the O.I.A. Football Varsity Championship in 1969-1970. I look forward to your insights on this year's Big Red. RR4L!!!