Top Rated D-lineman for the Govs

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Top Rated D-lineman for the Govs

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:So u telling us that he's good because he gets double team really. So how bout Rex Manu he getting double/triple teamed, and they run a 3-4. Remember Kennedy tulimasealii beast only him all by himself doing damage jus like Rex doing damage. Who Kennedy had on the line with him nobody. Who Rex got on line with him nobody. It is a team sport but when you're highly decorated as a top 10 prospect in the country then you better play like it. Manti showed it, his brother Vj showed it, Rex is showing it. Shoot and do u see them coming out? Heck no. But he is good in camps tho.
Regarding Manu and the Mililani D-line: Does Manu really have "no one" with him? Isn't Mililani's D-line pretty good? I think Manu has Kaaiawaawa, at least. There must also be at least one more guy on that line who's pretty good, too.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Defend_Yourself_808 wrote:U may be right. Farringtons def coaches jus might be the reason why he isn't playing up to par. I mean look at Tamatoa silva transfer from mililani now a gov and was a beast for the Trojans since his sophomore year. When they played mililani I heard his name and fehokos name once all game. I gotta say Huki-lau-lau u get 2 points for 2nite... It's the coaches that are overrated my bad :)
Why did Silva transfer to Farrington? If he stayed at Mililani, perhaps they might have at least a slightly better chance of beating Punahou. I remember hearing his name a lot last year when he was playing for Mililani. Plus, Mililani's D could use the help; that's where they're weaker than Punahou. Mililani's O is very good.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ProudDad wrote:I'm sure camps played a major part in getting him exposure but recruiters will also look at game films and talk to coaches whom they have built a relationship with regarding his playing ability..I'm sure Nick Saban didn't just react to what he saw at the Bama Camp. He probably had his recruiters pull game films and called around. Also, a national recruiting agency came down to first hand see what Fehoko was all about and proceeded to give him his 5th Star...Now is he better than some of the other players mentioned, maybe or maybe not. It's all about what recruiters believe he will help their team the most and obviously with teams like Alabama, Texas Tech (whom he committed too) and I believe 30 other D1 offers, they probably see something they like.

Just by reading reports that he's on scheduled to graduate early and enroll in Texas Tech in the spring shows he's taking care of academics as well. Mom and Dad did a great job of giving their kids exposure and in all fairness isn't that what we all want for our kids..just a chance to get a scholarship so parents don't have to pay and obviously the Fehoko's know what their doing with all 4 boys receiving full scholarships. Hats off to them and best of luck to Breidan and the rest of the Island boys who are doing their best to get into college..
How about these Island boys going to UH. Would be nice if these kids would play for the HOME TEAM; play before family and friends.