High school receivers

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: High school receivers

Post by saynotomercs »

backyard ballaz wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:It's the run and shoot, plain and simple. The outside guys are actually running a few more routes this year. They are running far more slants and post routes than they did last season.

College recruiters love Kobayashi's combination of wingspan and route running, but if you don't think he has a problem catching the ball, you haven't been to practice or many games. The vastly under recruited Stubblefield is a much, much better player.
If he's had a problem catching the ball all year, where the coaches at? Can't help someone that's 5'2. Can't help a kid that runs a 4.9. But you can sure help a kid that's struggling to latch on. He didn't have a problem last year did he? And Devan was under recruited cause he's 5'10, it had nothing to do with his skills.
1. Stubblefield is not 5'10". He's 6'0".

2. Kobayashi has always had problems catching the ball. This is nothing new, it's just more evident now because he's been targeted more.

3. It's hard to coach someone who doesn't have natural ball skills and isn't the most comfortable with contact. Maybe he'll get better, maybe he won't. He has been Jeremiah Cockheran's personal project ever since he came on staff.

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

FatherofCody&Casey wrote: I'd hate for this forum to suffer the same fate as last year, where a bunch of fights happened here, causing the mods to threaten to shut down the section.
Let me guess--it was Infidel from last year that caused this forum to almost be shut down. I don't intend to hijack the thread but do wish that people would be civil in talking about players.

Sportsfanatic69
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Sportsfanatic69 »

Kobsyashi is a deep threat and the slots catch everything underneath that's y they have more catches, Salas needs to play more, I see his stats are pretty good but he's hardly in the game, he makes big plays when he touches it.

AllTheRightMoves
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AllTheRightMoves »

Undftd wrote:
AllTheRightMoves wrote:
Undftd wrote:No respect for Noa, ma'a and, hosoda. The Punahou hate is strong.
I have to agree, however simply put there is not enough information to rank them high. Unfortunately, receiver is a position which is based primarily on stats, after 4 blowout games the Punahou starters have played the equivalent of maybe 2 games. With Ane conscious of getting Noa the record, it's hard to rank the receiving group as a whole. Need to re-align the competition.
I just think mililani didnt do anything in the state championship game last year with their receivers, besides well throw it with them. I laugh at the fact they are ranked number 1.
Maybe punahou isnt number one but not even ranked is hilarious.
It is entertaining to say the least. I would rank Punahou receivers right up there with the other talented squads.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@AllTheRightMoves: I think Noa is the only outstanding receiver Punahou has.

AllTheRightMoves
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AllTheRightMoves »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:@AllTheRightMoves: I think Noa is the only outstanding receiver Punahou has.
Mr. Fanatic I totally agree but can also say that I can count the number of "outstanding" receivers in the state on one hand. As mentioned earlier, WR is a stat driven position and the other Punahou receivers don't have the numbers due to the disparity in competition. I think if the Punahou starters played all games in their entirety we'd have a better representation of how good/average/bad they are. I'm not saying they are the best but they're doing something right.