High school receivers

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Sportsfanatic69
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

High school receivers

Post by Sportsfanatic69 »

Mililani , St. Louis, moanaloa and leilehua has. The best receivers.
Mililani has timoteo, Wilson, Ramos, who are deadly
St. Louis has kobsyashi, Souza , Salas, cui, nenuha, another deadly squad
Moanaloa has sharch, Cruz, and feliciano all deadly

gridiron22
Pine rider
Pine rider
NBA: LakersChargers
NFL: chargers

Re: High school receivers

Post by gridiron22 »

That's nice, but none of those teams won a State Championship this decade!

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

gridiron22 wrote:That's nice, but none of those teams won a State Championship this decade!

St. Louis 2010

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

No respect for Noa, ma'a and, hosoda. The Punahou hate is strong.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Undftd wrote:No respect for Noa, ma'a and, hosoda. The Punahou hate is strong.
Is it really "Punahou hate"? Only Noa is outstanding.

AllTheRightMoves
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by AllTheRightMoves »

I have to agree, however simply put there is not enough information to rank them high. Unfortunately, receiver is a position which is based primarily on stats, after 4 blowout games the Punahou starters have played the equivalent of maybe 2 games. With Ane conscious of getting Noa the record, it's hard to rank the receiving group as a whole. Need to re-align the competition.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

personally I don't know what the intrigue is with Kobayashi. His catches per game is not good and he drops a lot of balls. I don't get it. With his speed and size he should have a lot more catches especially in an offense that throws as much as St. Louis does.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

TheDuke wrote:personally I don't know what the intrigue is with Kobayashi. His catches per game is not good and he drops a lot of balls. I don't get it. With his speed and size he should have a lot more catches especially in an offense that throws as much as St. Louis does.
See, that's the thing with him. He's real good after he catches the ball. Trouble is--as you say--half the time he either doesn't catch the ball, or he's dropping it. Strange, but wasn't he better last year than he is this year?

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
TheDuke wrote:personally I don't know what the intrigue is with Kobayashi. His catches per game is not good and he drops a lot of balls. I don't get it. With his speed and size he should have a lot more catches especially in an offense that throws as much as St. Louis does.
See, that's the thing with him. He's real good after he catches the ball. Trouble is--as you say--half the time he either doesn't catch the ball, or he's dropping it. Strange, but wasn't he better last year than he is this year?
Not sure what drops your talking about. Ron Lee's offense is designed to get the slot recievers open. I go to all of STL games and all I see him do is run his corner deep and out of the way so the slots can come under and catch and run. He is the most highly recruited DECOY if ever seen. He may get 4 ball thrown his way and drop one. In the past four games including Punahou. He dropped three. But caught the rest and turns most of them into 6 points. Scoring live got him with 18 for 385 at 21.4 yards per catch. and 6 TD. Noa had double the targets (passes thrown to him) with 18 catches for 531 at 29.5 yards per catch and 5 TD. So how productive do you need him to be for only seeing the ball thrown his way four times a game. Guys get your facts first before making comments especially derogatory ones about any player.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

KindergartenCop wrote:
Not sure what drops your talking about. Ron Lee's offense is designed to get the slot recievers open. I go to all of STL games and all I see him do is run his corner deep and out of the way so the slots can come under and catch and run. He is the most highly recruited DECOY if ever seen. He may get 4 ball thrown his way and drop one. In the past four games including Punahou. He dropped three. But caught the rest and turns most of them into 6 points. Scoring live got him with 18 for 385 at 21.4 yards per catch. and 6 TD. Noa had double the targets (passes thrown to him) with 18 catches for 531 at 29.5 yards per catch and 5 TD. So how productive do you need him to be for only seeing the ball thrown his way four times a game. Guys get your facts first before making comments especially derogatory ones about any player.
Nothing derogatory was said about him last year. Only this year have there been posts about him not catching the ball.

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

AllTheRightMoves wrote:
I have to agree, however simply put there is not enough information to rank them high. Unfortunately, receiver is a position which is based primarily on stats, after 4 blowout games the Punahou starters have played the equivalent of maybe 2 games. With Ane conscious of getting Noa the record, it's hard to rank the receiving group as a whole. Need to re-align the competition.
I just think mililani didnt do anything in the state championship game last year with their receivers, besides well throw it with them. I laugh at the fact they are ranked number 1.
Maybe punahou isnt number one but not even ranked is hilarious.
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

backyard ballaz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by backyard ballaz »

The problem with the St Louis wideouts is that they run deep routes down after down after down. That's like running a 40 yard dash every play, then they suddenly pass you the ball with a safety rolling over the top of you and say go catch it on 3rd and 20 cause we can't run the slot dink passes and Tua can't scramble for it. The wideouts have only been effective running curls because any route other than a deep one becomes a total surprise to the defense. Or they beat a corner in cover 3 falling asleep watching slotbacks catch 20 balls in a row. Hard to blame any wideout in that offense. Is Kobayashi dropping wide open passes or dropping ones that we think he should catch while being guarded? Big difference. Also, I beleive Ron said last years offense was much different. Can't compare a kid in last years offense to this years one - Stubblefield would be a decoy in this years offense as well.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

KindergartenCop wrote:

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

KindergartenCop wrote:
Sorry for the mispost. I do know what his stats are. He has a fantastic avg per catch. All I am stating is that with his size and speed he should be getting open A LOT MORE OFTEN ESPECIALLY AGAINST SINGLE COVERAGE AND HE SHOULD HAVE A LOT MORE THEN 18 CATCHES.

Especially against shorter and slower CBs.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

I also think that you are over simplyfing Lee's offense. Are you saying that Kobayashi would be open all the time on slants, screens, seems and Lee isn't taking advantage of it? Are you saying that Kobayashi has a clear physical advantage over the CBs but Lee won't throw to him? If you are trying to win ball games it doesn't make sense to me.