Kahuku vs Leilehua

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
cmak11
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Kahuku vs Leilehua

Post by cmak11 »

Hard fought game on both sides. Leilehua gave up big plays that's why they lost. I think Leilehua has a better all around team. Props to the Kahuku D for holding the Mules to 14 points.
On a side not...totally class less act by #1 for Kahuku for clapping and taunting the Leilehua player when he was hurt. Hope the coach and administration deals with that player. It puts a black eye on the Kahuku program.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Kahuku vs Leilehua

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

cmak11 wrote:Hard fought game on both sides. Leilehua gave up big plays that's why they lost. I think Leilehua has a better all around team. Props to the Kahuku D for holding the Mules to 14 points.
On a side not...totally class less act by #1 for Kahuku for clapping and taunting the Leilehua player when he was hurt. Hope the coach and administration deals with that player. It puts a black eye on the Kahuku program.
If you look at season stats, Leilehua is better on both O and D, so I would have to agree with you that Leilehua is better all-around, despite the loss. I think Kahuku's defensive front-seven was the factor in this game.

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

not to mention that leilehua had key guys on offense that were injured so a rematch would be very interesting.
the wet conditions is not an excuse for leilehua because its actually harder to defend a receiver on wet grass so it favors the offense.

year after year kahuku always struggle on offense and everyone try to count them out but fact is that sspecial teams and defense is equally as important, nowdays everyone is obsessed with offenseive execution (all the pretty stuff) then it comes back to bite them when their special teams or defense isnt up to par.
-------------------

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
cmak11 wrote:Hard fought game on both sides. Leilehua gave up big plays that's why they lost. I think Leilehua has a better all around team. Props to the Kahuku D for holding the Mules to 14 points.
If you look at season stats, Leilehua is better on both O and D, so I would have to agree with you that Leilehua is better all-around, despite the loss. I think Kahuku's defensive front-seven was the factor in this game.
Statistically, Mules are the better team and against every other school, probably would've won the game. But like great Red Raider teams of the past, this years version has talent all across the board. So, as proven, if you don't bring it for 4 full quarters and in all 3 phases of the game, Big Red will find a way to get the W.

Mules(the better team) O was able to move the ball somewhat. Mules D held Kahuku to one of it's worst if not the absolute worst Offesnive output ever. And yet, Big Red got the W cause their D and Special teams played lights out.