Receivers

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Sportsfanatic69
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Receivers

Post by Sportsfanatic69 »

Who's the top ten receivers in the state

Aitorahi
High-quality H20 provider
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Re: Receivers

Post by Aitorahi »

Sportsfanatic69 wrote:Who's the top ten receivers in the state
1 - Timoteo - Mililani
2 - Sharsh - Moanalua
3 - Banolina - Campbell
4 - Moss - Kaiser
5 - Noa - Punahou
6 - Cui - St Louis
7 - Lucas - Leilehua
8 - Cruz - Moanalua
9 - Kobayshi - St Louis
10- Savea - Leilehua

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

These are my favorite 10 receivers (ranked by their impact I feel they have on their offense):

1. Kanawai Noa (Punahou)
2. Jason Sharsh (Moanalua)
3. Allan Cui (St. Louis)
4. Destin Moss (Kaiser)
5. Kalakaua Timoteo (Mililani)
6. Karson Cruz (Moanalua)
7. Tsubasa Brennan (Pac-5)
8. Bronson Ramos (Mililani)
9. Toma Savea (Leilehua)
10. Dominic Maneafaiga (Pearl City)

As a whole unit, Leilehua and Moanalua have the strongest receiver corps in the state. The other schools have their work horses, but no units are as deep or talented as a whole as the Mules and Na Menehune.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

politclyincrekt wrote:These are my favorite 10 receivers (ranked by their impact I feel they have on their offense):

1. Kanawai Noa (Punahou)
3. Allan Cui (St. Louis)
4. Destin Moss (Kaiser)
9. Toma Savea (Leilehua)

As a whole unit, Leilehua and Moanalua have the strongest receiver corps in the state. The other schools have their work horses, but no units are as deep or talented as a whole as the Mules and Na Menehune.
Not sure why you underrate Timoteo and the other guy underrates Noa. Those guys are clearly 1-2 in my opinion.

Saint Louis doesn't have a deep receiving core? Four guys have 250+ yards and none have 400. Cui, Sallas, Searle, Nunuha and Souza are all good players and I haven't even mentioned Kobayashi.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

saynotomercs wrote:
politclyincrekt wrote:These are my favorite 10 receivers (ranked by their impact I feel they have on their offense):

1. Kanawai Noa (Punahou)
3. Allan Cui (St. Louis)
4. Destin Moss (Kaiser)
9. Toma Savea (Leilehua)

Not sure why you underrate Timoteo and the other guy underrates Noa. Those guys are clearly 1-2 in my opinion.

Saint Louis doesn't have a deep receiving core? Four guys have 250+ yards and none have 400. Cui, Sallas, Searle, Nunuha and Souza are all good players and I haven't even mentioned Kobayashi.
You're right. I missed St. Louis' squad :oops: Wasn't thinking. But St. Louis, Leilehua, and Moanalua have the top receivers in the state.

As for underrating Timoteo, I just don't feel like he impacts the Mililani offense as much as the other 4 above him do. Sure he has a lot of yardage, but Milton and Melapeai overshadow him by a huge margin. He's a great receiver, but I was ranking them by how they impact their team's offense. Timoteo doesn't make that big of an impact.

Sportsfanatic69
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Sportsfanatic69 »

I agree with the list that I see, but some of them are statistically good, athletic wise a few receivers are left out.
Number 11 from cambell is very good, there's also upcoming receivers that's been stepping it up like Sallas and nenuha from St. Louis. Leilehua also has 2 pretty good receivers,
These are my likes
Noa punahou
Timateo Mililani
Cui St. Louis
Wilson Mililani
Moss kaiser
Brennan pac 5
Cruz moanaloa
Sharch moanaloa

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

politclyincrekt wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:

1. Kanawai Noa (Punahou)
3. Allan Cui (St. Louis)
4. Destin Moss (Kaiser)
9. Toma Savea (Leilehua)

You're right. I missed St. Louis' squad :oops: Wasn't thinking. But St. Louis, Leilehua, and Moanalua have the top receivers in the state.

As for underrating Timoteo, I just don't feel like he impacts the Mililani offense as much as the other 4 above him do. Sure he has a lot of yardage, but Milton and Melapeai overshadow him by a huge margin. He's a great receiver, but I was ranking them by how they impact their team's offense. Timoteo doesn't make that big of an impact.
I think he will, when Mililani plays Punahou. At least, he'd better, if Mililani wants to even stay close.

Ninernation16
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Ninernation16 »

1. Noa Punahou
2. Timoteo Mililani
3. Kobayashi ST.Louis
4. Bantolina Campbell
5. Cruz. Moanalua
6. Cui. St.Louis
7. Savea. Leileihua
8. Sharsh. Moanalua
9. Moss. Kaiser
10. Ramos. Mililani

Undftd

Post by Undftd »

Aitorahi wrote:
1 - Timoteo - Mililani
2 - Sharsh - Moanalua
3 - Banolina - Campbell
4 - Moss - Kaiser
5 - Noa - Punahou
6 - Cui - St Louis
7 - Lucas - Leilehua
8 - Cruz - Moanalua
9 - Kobayshi - St Louis
10- Savea - Leilehua
Haha Noa at 5. What a bias joke.

He is close to the state recieving record, and did the lions share of the work with a cast on..
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

huki-lau-lau
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by huki-lau-lau »

records now-a-days are relative, there are so many games where players sit out in the second half because of blow outs, some teams is all they do is pass and that doesnt mean that their record breaking reciever is better then a better reciever that may be on a well balanced team. some players play varsity from 10th grade so they get 3 years worth of stats. some players get into the playoffs and play more games to keep adding to their stats.

in either case i agree, noa is the best receiver this year. best hands, best anticipation, good speed, good height, best in clutch situations.
-------------------

KindergartenCop

Post by KindergartenCop »

huki-lau-lau wrote:records now-a-days are relative, there are so many games where players sit out in the second half because of blow outs, some teams is all they do is pass and that doesnt mean that their record breaking reciever is better then a better reciever that may be on a well balanced team. some players play varsity from 10th grade so they get 3 years worth of stats. some players get into the playoffs and play more games to keep adding to their stats.

in either case i agree, noa is the best receiver this year. best hands, best anticipation, good speed, good height, best in clutch situations.

I agree. Not always will the receiver with the most yards be the best receiver. Noa at this stage is both (career wise). He may not get the # this year because Tuileta is not at the helm but he is the best receiver in Hawaii. Kobayashi is the same way. No yards but talent wise follows very close. He is a the most talented DECOY in STL's offense. He does draw double coverage on every play which opens up the other receivers in STL receiving group. Timoteo is next ,he has a knack for getting open on extended plays created by Milton. Great hands in tight coverages almost always comes down with the ball. Sharsh is the go to guy for Moanaloa. Cui is a great possession go to receiver. Sure handed and great run after the catch. No disrespect to the others but didn't see them enough to judge.

Aitorahi
MLB: Washington Nationals
NBA: OKC Thunder
NFL: SF Niners

Post by Aitorahi »

Undftd wrote:
Aitorahi wrote:
1 - Timoteo - Mililani
2 - Sharsh - Moanalua
3 - Banolina - Campbell
4 - Moss - Kaiser
5 - Noa - Punahou
6 - Cui - St Louis
7 - Lucas - Leilehua
8 - Cruz - Moanalua
9 - Kobayshi - St Louis
10- Savea - Leilehua
Haha Noa at 5. What a bias joke.

He is close to the state recieving record, and did the lions share of the work with a cast on..
Noa is great for sure. Sorry to offend. I based it strictly on actual stats for this year. Receptions, yards, yards per receptions, yards per game, and touchdowns. Numbers are my only bias. Is it wrong?, perhaps. I'm not hating on Punahou in any way. Three of their top four offensive players are from Kahuku, so nothing but love for the Puns and coach Reggie.

backyard ballaz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by backyard ballaz »

There's a couple ways to look at "best receivers in the state". First, you can judge best talent and worth to his team. Second, purely statistics. Noa is a great talent hands down. I'm just baffled that teams still allow him to beat them. St Louis refused to pay any attention to him and hence the 200+ night. I watched one of his first games against that Alaska team and they sat in cover 3 as the corner paid no attention and Noa ran past him for 4 td's. Once again...how much times does a kid have to beat you? Talent? Yes. But defenses being part of the problem? Of course.
Timoteo is also a good receiver. He has the fortunes of other talented receivers around him and a really good running game. Kobayashi has talent around him but because the Crusders have a weak run game, they will continually roll double coverage over the top of him. Cui will catch a million balls underneath but he really can't hurt you all that much. Bantolina is also a very nice looking receiver. He also has the benefit of a balanced offense.

LocalCheesehead
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by LocalCheesehead »

backyard ballaz wrote:There's a couple ways to look at "best receivers in the state". First, you can judge best talent and worth to his team. Second, purely statistics. Noa is a great talent hands down. I'm just baffled that teams still allow him to beat them. St Louis refused to pay any attention to him and hence the 200+ night. I watched one of his first games against that Alaska team and they sat in cover 3 as the corner paid no attention and Noa ran past him for 4 td's. Once again...how much times does a kid have to beat you? Talent? Yes. But defenses being part of the problem? Of course.
Timoteo is also a good receiver. He has the fortunes of other talented receivers around him and a really good running game. Kobayashi has talent around him but because the Crusders have a weak run game, they will continually roll double coverage over the top of him. Cui will catch a million balls underneath but he really can't hurt you all that much. Bantolina is also a very nice looking receiver. He also has the benefit of a balanced offense.
" Cui will catch a million balls underneath but he really can't hurt you all that much".

Really??. That's some funny shiz right there....LOL!!

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

LocalCheesehead wrote:
backyard ballaz wrote:There's a couple ways to look at "best receivers in the state". First, you can judge best talent and worth to his team. Second, purely statistics. Noa is a great talent hands down. I'm just baffled that teams still allow him to beat them. St Louis refused to pay any attention to him and hence the 200+ night. I watched one of his first games against that Alaska team and they sat in cover 3 as the corner paid no attention and Noa ran past him for 4 td's. Once again...how much times does a kid have to beat you? Talent? Yes. But defenses being part of the problem? Of course.
" Cui will catch a million balls underneath but he really can't hurt you all that much".

Really??. That's some funny shiz right there....LOL!!
Cui isn't the deep threat that Noa or Lucas are. He can pick up first downs but you don't have to worry about him blowing your coverage. As long as you keep St. Louis in the dink and dunk in front of your coverage, their offense is pretty manageable. Punahou showed everyone how to do it. Force St. Louis to make plenty of short plays and they're bound to make a mistake or stall.