Receivers

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
backyard ballaz
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Receivers

Post by backyard ballaz »

LocalCheesehead wrote:
backyard ballaz wrote:There's a couple ways to look at "best receivers in the state". First, you can judge best talent and worth to his team. Second, purely statistics. Noa is a great talent hands down. I'm just baffled that teams still allow him to beat them. St Louis refused to pay any attention to him and hence the 200+ night. I watched one of his first games against that Alaska team and they sat in cover 3 as the corner paid no attention and Noa ran past him for 4 td's. Once again...how much times does a kid have to beat you? Talent? Yes. But defenses being part of the problem? Of course.
Timoteo is also a good receiver. He has the fortunes of other talented receivers around him and a really good running game. Kobayashi has talent around him but because the Crusders have a weak run game, they will continually roll double coverage over the top of him. Cui will catch a million balls underneath but he really can't hurt you all that much. Bantolina is also a very nice looking receiver. He also has the benefit of a balanced offense.
" Cui will catch a million balls underneath but he really can't hurt you all that much".

Really??. That's some funny shiz right there....LOL!!
Most defenses are in 2 deep against St Louis, which means all he has to do is shake a strong safety one on one. He will never face double teams or the opponents best db. In 6 games he has 30 catches and 300 and change. Really? Ron Lee's offense is built for the slots. His Qb is the best statistical Qb in the state...I was just expecting more, especially if we're talking in a "best receivers" thread.

newguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by newguy »

backyard ballaz wrote:
LocalCheesehead wrote:
backyard ballaz wrote:There's a couple ways to look at "best receivers in the state". First, you can judge best talent and worth to his team. Second, purely statistics. Noa is a great talent hands down. I'm just baffled that tc.f. eiveeams still allow him to beat them. St Louis refused to pay any attention to him and hence the 200+ night. I watched one of his first games against that Alaska team and they sat in cover 3 as the corner paid no attention and Noa ran past him for 4 td's. Once again...how much times does a kid have to beat you? Talent? Yes. But defenses being part of the problem? Of course.
Timoteo is also a good receiver. He has the fortunes of other talented receivers around him and a really good running game. Kobayashi has talent around him but because the Crusders have a weak run game, they will continually roll double coverage over the top of him. Cui will catch a million balls underneath but he really can't hurt you all that much. Bantolina is also a very nice looking receiver. He also has the benefit of a balanced offense.
" Cui will catch a million balls underneath but he really can't hurt you all that much".

Really??. That's some funny shiz right there....LOL!!
Catching a million balls underneath will definitely hurt you Cui has 5 touchdown (with 1 being called back) all while catching balls underneath. What he brings to the table is a tough sure handed slot that will move the chains. The deceiving thing about St. Louis is that no one receiver is thrown to exclusively that is why they have 4 or 5 guys with 250+ yards in stead of 1 guy with 500 yards and the next 3 with only say 150+ yds. what makes Cui effective is the slot is he simply catches everything that is thrown to him. Over the middle in traffic for a first down. This last game he was ejected for laying a legal devastating block on Kane that was flagged for targeting. To me those are the things that make him a top receiver.

Most defenses are in 2 deep against St Louis, which means all he has to do is shake a strong safety one on one. He will never face double teams or the opponents best db. In 6 games he has 30 catches and 300 and change. Really? Ron Lee's offense is built for the slots. His Qb is the best statistical Qb in the state...I was just expecting more, especially if we're talking in a "best receivers" thread.

saynotomercs
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by saynotomercs »

Just checked scoringlive. 6 different Crusader receIvers have 200+ yards. This doesn't make the offense better than one with two receivers with 800 yards, but it does show that STL is stOcked with pass catchers

newguy
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by newguy »

[quote=saynotomercs"]Just checked scoringlive. 6 different Crusader receIvers have 200+ yards. This doesn't make the offense better than one with two receivers with 800 yards, but it does show that STL is stOcked with pass catchers[/quote]

You are right it doesn't make them better than 2 guys with 800 yards but it makes them much harder to defend vs a team with 1 guy with 800 yds. I don't think any team has 2 receivers with 800 yds. This season but if St. Louis ends up with 6 guys with say 500 yds how do you stop that? I guess the simple answer is ask Punahou or Boscoe they are the only teams that stopped the Crusaders this year.

Haha ok pretty weak argument I know. But I am a Crusader fan so I have to try....

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

newguy wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:Just checked scoringlive. 6 different Crusader receIvers have 200+ yards. This doesn't make the offense better than one with two receivers with 800 yards, but it does show that STL is stOcked with pass catchers
You are right it doesn't make them better than 2 guys with 800 yards but it makes them much harder to defend vs a team with 1 guy with 800 yds. I don't think any team has 2 receivers with 800 yds. This season but if St. Louis ends up with 6 guys with say 500 yds how do you stop that? I guess the simple answer is ask Punahou or Boscoe they are the only teams that stopped the Crusaders this year.

Haha ok pretty weak argument I know. But I am a Crusader fan so I have to try....
Both schools keep St. Louis' receivers within their coverage. Both Bosco and Punahou used 3 man rushes and have their linebackers eat up the midfield and the safeties keep the shell on top. Bosco would rush 4 when St. Louis ran. Why St. Louis didn't run against these two schools (especially Punahou) is beyond me.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

politclyincrekt wrote:
newguy wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:Just checked scoringlive. 6 different Crusader receIvers have 200+ yards. This doesn't make the offense better than one with two receivers with 800 yards, but it does show that STL is stOcked with pass catchers

Both schools keep St. Louis' receivers within their coverage. Both Bosco and Punahou used 3 man rushes and have their linebackers eat up the midfield and the safeties keep the shell on top. Bosco would rush 4 when St. Louis ran. Why St. Louis didn't run against these two schools (especially Punahou) is beyond me.
Probably because it's easier to pass on Punahou than to run on them. St Louis was able to run on Kamehameha, but that's easier than running on Punahou.