Politclyincrekt's Top 25

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Politclyincrekt's Top 25

Post by dirtylickens »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
bigD wrote:Not sure why Farmington would jump leileihua and kahuku considering they almost lost to kapolei. Also if you compare kahuku and Farrington to the same opponents, kahuku had better success. I'm guessing they got jumped due to being idel? Interesting... I would also assume the only team that dismantled all of its apponents so far would be leileihua. The score was 41 to 14 against castle in the 3rd quarter so I'm not sure how you can judge castles performance when leileihua clearly pulled most starters.
Well, I'll say THIS about Farrington:
1. They have a scary D, especially against the run.
2. With Mamiya, they have a formidable running game, and a huge O-line to drive it.
Mamiya is no doubt a play maker. get the ball into his hands in anyway you can. But the defense is slightly overrated in my opinion. I mean, the secondary is horrible. and the defensive line is slightly above average. I do think they have a solid linebacking core with Tatupu-Leopoldo. But i feel as a team. they are overrated. they have a few weeks to prove me wrong until playing campbell and mililani. But i dont see them making any noise in the post season.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

bigD wrote:(1) Not sure why Farrington would jump leileihua and kahuku considering they almost lost to kapolei. Also if you compare kahuku and Farrington to the same opponents, kahuku had better success. I'm guessing they got jumped due to being idel? Interesting... I would also assume the only team that dismantled all of its opponents so far would be leileihua. (2) The score was 41 to 14 against castle in the 3rd quarter so I'm not sure how you can judge castles performance when leileihua clearly pulled most starters.
With regards to Farrington jumping Leilehua and Kahuku, you are correct. Kahuku was idle allowing Farrington one jump. And Farrington's performance against Aiea was much more dominant than Leilehua's performance against Castle. In addition, Farrington has played and beaten 3 teams ranked in my Top 25. All of them were in the Top 20 at the time of the game. Leilehua also played 3 teams in the Top 25, only 2 of which were in the Top 20, and only 2 remain (McKinley was dropped). If Leilehua can beat Waipahu harder than 35-0 at the half (don't bother bringing up the penalties, I don't want to hear it) then Leilehua may be able to regain their spot.

As for the second issue, whether they pulled their starters or not is irregardless. Mistakes on special teams prevented the Knights from bringing the game closer than the score shows. At the end of the night, Castle was able to put 28 points on Leilehua, more than any other team has so far this season. This does NOT hurt Leilehua as much as it helps Castle, however.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

politclyincrekt wrote:
bigD wrote:(1) Not sure why Farrington would jump leileihua and kahuku considering they almost lost to kapolei. Also if you compare kahuku and Farrington to the same opponents, kahuku had better success. I'm guessing they got jumped due to being idel? Interesting... I would also assume the only team that dismantled all of its opponents so far would be leileihua. (2) The score was 41 to 14 against castle in the 3rd quarter so I'm not sure how you can judge castles performance when leileihua clearly pulled most starters.
With regards to Farrington jumping Leilehua and Kahuku, you are correct. Kahuku was idle allowing Farrington one jump. And Farrington's performance against Aiea was much more dominant than Leilehua's performance against Castle. In addition, Farrington has played and beaten 3 teams ranked in my Top 25. All of them were in the Top 20 at the time of the game. Leilehua also played 3 teams in the Top 25, only 2 of which were in the Top 20, and only 2 remain (McKinley was dropped). If Leilehua can beat Waipahu harder than 35-0 at the half (don't bother bringing up the penalties, I don't want to hear it) then Leilehua may be able to regain their spot.

As for the second issue, whether they pulled their starters or not is irregardless. Mistakes on special teams prevented the Knights from bringing the game closer than the score shows. At the end of the night, Castle was able to put 28 points on Leilehua, more than any other team has so far this season. This does NOT hurt Leilehua as much as it helps Castle, however.
would punahou get jumped or mililani when in idle? A better team should not be jumped based on a bye week. Also if a team like kaiser dominates Aiea 52-7 how impressive is that victory for the govs? You could argue castle was a better opponent and kept it close with better teams in leileihua and Campbell. You forgot to mention the nail biter against kapolei. How does a 41-28 win affect leileihua but a govs 28-26 win does not? Mistakes by kapolei cost them a win..

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

bigD wrote:would punahou get jumped or mililani when in idle? A better team should not be jumped based on a bye week. Also if a team like kaiser dominates Aiea 52-7 how impressive is that victory for the govs? You could argue castle was a better opponent and kept it close with better teams in leileihua and Campbell. You forgot to mention the nail biter against kapolei. How does a 41-28 win affect leileihua but a govs 28-26 win does not? Mistakes by kapolei cost them a win..
Punahou would not get jumped by Mililani during an idle week because of their game against St. Louis.

IMO, the OIA Red is the weaker division overall. Waianae's loss to Moanalua early in the season really hurt the rankings of all OIA Red teams (similar to how MSU's loss to Oregon will hurt all Big 10 teams).

Strength of Schedule
As of last week, Kahuku has played 2 games against Top 25 opponents (Kapolei and McKinley). McKinley has since been dropped from the rankings.

As of last week, Leilehua has played 3 games against Top 25 opponents (McKinley, Waianae, and Castle). McKinley has since dropped from the rankings.

As of last week, Farrington has played 3 games against Top 25 opponents (Kapolei, Moanalua, and Aiea). All 3 of these teams are still in the Top 25.

Out of all of these 3 teams' opponents, Kapolei and Waianae are the strongest. Next strongest would be Moanalua. Farrington has the strongest schedule of the 3 so far this season.

Quality of Wins
Kahuku has won by an average 29.7 points per game this season.
Leilehua has won by an average 25 points per game this season (their lowest differential coming against winless McKinley).
Farrington has won by an average 27.2 points per game this season (even more if you count Waipahu as only half a game) against a tougher set of opponents.

Farrington has higher quality wins against higher quality opponents.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

dirtylickens wrote:
bigD wrote:Not sure why Farmington would jump leileihua and kahuku considering they almost lost to kapolei. Also if you compare kahuku and Farrington to the same opponents, kahuku had better success. I'm guessing they got jumped due to being idel? Interesting... I would also assume the only team that dismantled all of its apponents so far would be leileihua. The score was 41 to 14 against castle in the 3rd quarter so I'm not sure how you can judge castles performance when leileihua clearly pulled most starters.
Well, I'll say THIS about Farrington:
1. They have a scary D, especially against the run.
2. With Mamiya, they have a formidable running game, and a huge O-line to drive it.
Mamiya is no doubt a play maker. get the ball into his hands in anyway you can. But the defense is slightly overrated in my opinion. I mean, the secondary is horrible. and the defensive line is slightly above average. I do think they have a solid linebacking core with Tatupu-Leopoldo. But i feel as a team. they are overrated. they have a few weeks to prove me wrong until playing campbell and mililani. But i dont see them making any noise in the post season.
Yeah, I agree that Farrington's pass-defense isn't that good. That's why I said, "especially against the run." I think the defensive front-seven puts-up a fairly scary pass rush, but yeah, the DBs can't cover very well. But, sometimes I wonder whether their O still can't keep them in the game. Again, they have a pretty good running game.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

politclyincrekt wrote:
bigD wrote:would punahou get jumped or mililani when in idle? A better team should not be jumped based on a bye week. Also if a team like kaiser dominates Aiea 52-7 how impressive is that victory for the govs? You could argue castle was a better opponent and kept it close with better teams in leileihua and Campbell. You forgot to mention the nail biter against kapolei. How does a 41-28 win affect leileihua but a govs 28-26 win does not? Mistakes by kapolei cost them a win..
Punahou would not get jumped by Mililani during an idle week because of their game against St. Louis.

IMO, the OIA Red is the weaker division overall. Waianae's loss to Moanalua early in the season really hurt the rankings of all OIA Red teams (similar to how MSU's loss to Oregon will hurt all Big 10 teams).

Strength of Schedule
As of last week, Kahuku has played 2 games against Top 25 opponents (Kapolei and McKinley). McKinley has since been dropped from the rankings.

As of last week, Leilehua has played 3 games against Top 25 opponents (McKinley, Waianae, and Castle). McKinley has since dropped from the rankings.

As of last week, Farrington has played 3 games against Top 25 opponents (Kapolei, Moanalua, and Aiea). All 3 of these teams are still in the Top 25.

Out of all of these 3 teams' opponents, Kapolei and Waianae are the strongest. Next strongest would be Moanalua. Farrington has the strongest schedule of the 3 so far this season.

Quality of Wins
Kahuku has won by an average 29.7 points per game this season.
Leilehua has won by an average 25 points per game this season (their lowest differential coming against winless McKinley).
Farrington has won by an average 27.2 points per game this season (even more if you count Waipahu as only half a game) against a tougher set of opponents.

Farrington has higher quality wins against higher quality opponents.
You might want to reconsider your "Quality of Wins" category. Some coaches prefer to run-up the score, whereas other coaches will pull their starters earlier. I.e., the point spread might have more to do with how long a coach likes to leave his starters in, than how good the team actually is. Also, if teams ARE going to be judged by "quality of wins," that might encourage coaches to run-up the score. We certainly don't want that.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

@HS Football Fanatic:
I do take that into consideration when I do this ranking. But in this case, the point is moot. Even if we take away 10 points from Farrington's last game and bring it down to 42 (Leilehua's highest differential is 43 and Kahuku's is 40), Farrington still manages 24.75 points per game against arguably tougher opponents.

Another thing to keep in mind is that because the list consists of 25, the difference between consecutive ranks is quite small.

This is the third year I'm doing this ranking and I understand how objective my ranking is. I've been experimenting and trying to devise a more subjective, mathematical way to rank the teams. To that end, perhaps I can get some insight here in developing a point system for schools. This is what I have so far (all 3 scores are averaged into a team power score, which is then averaged with their previous week's power score):

Basic Win/Loss
100 points per win over Division I
80 points per win over Division II

Quality Opponent
A team earns 10 points for every win its opponent has earned over the season. Ex: TEAM A (4-0) defeats TEAM B (2-2), TEAM A earns 100 Win/Loss points + 20 quality opponent points.

Quality of Wins
The average point differential and yardage per game is added to the total score for each team.
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

politclyincrekt wrote:@HS Football Fanatic:
I do take that into consideration when I do this ranking. But in this case, the point is moot. Even if we take away 10 points from Farrington's last game and bring it down to 42 (Leilehua's highest differential is 43 and Kahuku's is 40), Farrington still manages 24.75 points per game against arguably tougher opponents.

Another thing to keep in mind is that because the list consists of 25, the difference between consecutive ranks is quite small.

This is the third year I'm doing this ranking and I understand how objective my ranking is. I've been experimenting and trying to devise a more subjective, mathematical way to rank the teams.
Oh, OK. I could understand points scored against STRONGER opponents. My fear was that if we look at points scored against WEAKER opponents, that THAT might encourage coaches / teams to run-up the score.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

politclyincrekt wrote:@HS Football Fanatic:

This is the third year I'm doing this ranking and I understand how objective my ranking is. I've been experimenting and trying to devise a more subjective, mathematical way to rank the teams.
Oh, OK. I could understand points scored against STRONGER opponents. My fear was that if we look at points scored against WEAKER opponents, that THAT might encourage coaches / teams to run-up the score.
Don't get me wrong, running up the score helps a little, but as we saw with my rankings this week, St. Louis stayed put despite dropping 60 points on Pac-5.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Not too many huge matches this week...

#10 Kaiser over McKinley @ Roosevelt
McKinley is a team with a decent defense backed up against the wall this season. If Kaiser underestimates the Tigers, they could be in for an upset. Unfortunately, I don't think McKinley can get their anemic offense rolling before the Cougars come to town...as much I don't want to see it (I am a McKinley grad).

#22 KS-Hawaii over Kealakehe @ KS-Hawaii
A must win for both teams if they want to stay on top of their respective divisions. Judging by their performance last week against Hilo, KS-Hawaii should be able to dispatch the visiting Waveriders if they can cut down on the mistakes.

#7 Campbell over #12 Kapolei @ Kapolei
Kapolei is riding their high horse after taking out Moanalua. A win here would put the Kapolei right back into the OIA Blue mix. However, I don't see this hurricane getting through this Saber defense.

#25 Radford over Kalani @ Kaiser
Both of these teams struggled with Roosevelt. A decisive win by either could have huge ramifications for their respective ranking and post-season seeding. If Radford isn't careful, Kalani could pull the upset. But I just don't see it happening.

#18 Kapaa over #24 Kauai @ Vidinha Stadium
The struggle to the top of Mt. Waialeale continues this week between Kapaa and Kauai. Unfortunately, the Raider squad that took the KIF last season isn't quite as strong. I see Kapaa beating Kauai this round.

#11 St. Louis over #13 Iolani @ Iolani
This game is honestly a toss up. While I expect St. Louis to win, I would not be the least bit surprised if Iolani pulls the upset.

#8 Lahainaluna over #17 Maui @ War Memorial Stadium
Baldwin has fallen out of favor of the Maui football gods. This is the true Battle for Maui. The Luna's are just too much for any MIL team this year.

Other Games
#3 KS-Kapalama over #20 Damien @ KS-Kapalama
#16 Hilo over Honokaa @ Honokaa
Baldwin over King Kekaulike @ War Memorial Stadium
#5 Leilehua over Waipahu @ Waipahu
#6 Kahuku over #15 Castle @ Castle
#4 Farrington over Kailua @ Kailua
#2 Mililani over #21 Aiea @ Aiea
Roosevelt over Waialua @ Waialua
#1 Punahou over St. Francis @ Punahou
Kalaheo over Anuenue @ Kailua
Hawaii Prep over Keaau @ Keaau
#23 Nanakuli over Kaimuki @ Nanakuli
Konawaena over Waiakea @ Konawaena

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

politclyincrekt wrote:Not too many huge matches this week...

#10 Kaiser over McKinley @ Roosevelt
McKinley is a team with a decent defense backed up against the wall this season. If Kaiser underestimates the Tigers, they could be in for an upset. Unfortunately, I don't think McKinley can get their anemic offense rolling before the Cougars come to town...as much I don't want to see it (I am a McKinley grad).

#22 KS-Hawaii over Kealakehe @ KS-Hawaii
A must win for both teams if they want to stay on top of their respective divisions. Judging by their performance last week against Hilo, KS-Hawaii should be able to dispatch the visiting Waveriders if they can cut down on the mistakes.

#7 Campbell over #12 Kapolei @ Kapolei
Kapolei is riding their high horse after taking out Moanalua. A win here would put the Kapolei right back into the OIA Blue mix. However, I don't see this hurricane getting through this Saber defense.

#25 Radford over Kalani @ Kaiser
Both of these teams struggled with Roosevelt. A decisive win by either could have huge ramifications for their respective ranking and post-season seeding. If Radford isn't careful, Kalani could pull the upset. But I just don't see it happening.

#18 Kapaa over #24 Kauai @ Vidinha Stadium
The struggle to the top of Mt. Waialeale continues this week between Kapaa and Kauai. Unfortunately, the Raider squad that took the KIF last season isn't quite as strong. I see Kapaa beating Kauai this round.

#11 St. Louis over #13 Iolani @ Iolani
This game is honestly a toss up. While I expect St. Louis to win, I would not be the least bit surprised if Iolani pulls the upset.

#8 Lahainaluna over #17 Maui @ War Memorial Stadium
Baldwin has fallen out of favor of the Maui football gods. This is the true Battle for Maui. The Luna's are just too much for any MIL team this year.

Other Games
#3 KS-Kapalama over #20 Damien @ KS-Kapalama
#16 Hilo over Honokaa @ Honokaa
Baldwin over King Kekaulike @ War Memorial Stadium
#5 Leilehua over Waipahu @ Waipahu
#6 Kahuku over #15 Castle @ Castle
#4 Farrington over Kailua @ Kailua
#2 Mililani over #21 Aiea @ Aiea
Roosevelt over Waialua @ Waialua
#1 Punahou over St. Francis @ Punahou
Kalaheo over Anuenue @ Kailua
Hawaii Prep over Keaau @ Keaau
#23 Nanakuli over Kaimuki @ Nanakuli
Konawaena over Waiakea @ Konawaena
You called it!

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Summary:
The BIIF 2 made huge gains this week (moving a team into the Top 20 and a brand new team, Konawaena, to the Top 25). Farrington-Kahuku-Leilehua shenanigans continues this week and will most likely continue until Leilehua and Kahuku do battle. So just hang in there, Mule fans! And, as expected, the ILH D2 is currently taking it's annual beating by the Division 1.

Top 10 (2 ILH, 1 MIL, 7 OIA)
- 1: Punahou (3-0)
- 2: Mililani (4-0): DNP
- 3: Kamehameha (3-0)
- T4: Farrington (5-0)
T4: Kahuku (4-0): Huge win over Castle.
6: Leilehua (5-0)
- 7: Campbell (4-0)
- 8: Lahainaluna (5-0): Blanked Maui 14-0. Needed to score a bit more to move up.
9: Kaiser (3-1): Put up more points against McKinley than any other team.
10: Waianae (2-2): DNP

Next 10 (2 BIIF, 2 ILH, 1 KIF, 1 MIL, 4 OIA)
- 11: St. Louis (2-3): Glad to see the ILH Division I is still beating up the Division II... </sarcasm>
- 12: Kapolei (1-4): If they lost by anymore than 1, I would've dropped them.
13: Kapaa (2-1): The Warriors cannot be touched on the Garden Isle.
14: Iolani (2-1): Proven, once again, that the Raiders cannot compete in the ILH Division I.
15: Hilo (4-0): Makes their case again this week for the BIIF crown. One of 9 undefeated teams left.
16: Moanalua (1-3): DNP
17: Castle (1-3): Needs to play one than one quarter.
18: Maui (3-1): Held Lahainaluna very close all game.
19: KS-Hawaii (2-1)
20: Pearl City (4-0): DNP

Sneaking In (1 BIIF, 1 ILH, 3 OIA)
- 21: Aiea (2-2): After Kaiser's forfeit, Aiea is a 2-2 team with a winnable schedule remaining.
22. Nanakuli (4-0): Kaimuki pulled it in close against Nanakuli.
23: Damien (1-3)
24. Radford (4-1): Grounded the Falcons this week.
25. Konawaena (2-1): In a dead heat with KS-Hawaii for the BIIF 2 championship.

Dropped:
Kauai (1-3): Just not their year this year.

Overall Conference Power Rankings:
(While conferences may have individual powerhouse teams, this ranking takes into account conference performance as a whole)
- 1. ILH Division I (0.800)
- 2. OIA Blue (0.500)
- 3. ILH Division II (0.350)
4. OIA Red (0.250)
5. KIF (0.100)
- 6. MIL Division I (0.050)
- 7. MIL Division II (-0.050)
8. BIIF Division II (-0.250)
9. BIIF Division I (-0.400)
10. OIA White (-0.500)

STATISTICS
54.3% of all HHSAA teams in Top 25
37.5% of all BIIF teams in Top 25 (BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 71.4% of all ILH teams in Top 25 (ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
33% of all KIF teams in Top 25 (BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 40% of all MIL teams in Top 25 (BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 60.9% of all OIA teams in Top 25 (PAR; 0)
(>10% below HHSAA percentage is below average, >10% above HHSAA percentage is above average, within 10% of HHSAA percentage is par)
-------------------------------------------------------
Of the Top 25 Teams:
- 4% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
8% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division II comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
- 12% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 8% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
4% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
- 4% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA: PAR; 0)
- 4% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
- 20% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA;PAR; 0)
- 24% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 12% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
(Below Average, Above Average, and Par grades follow same as above, except with 5% deviation)
Of the Top 25 Division I Teams (of which there are 18; 23 total in the HHSAA):
- 5.5% represent the BIIF (BIIF comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division I; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 16.7% represent the ILH (ILH comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
- 5.6% represent the MIL (MIL comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
- 27.8% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 30.4% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
33.3% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 30.4% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
(Below Average, Above Average, and Par grades follow same as above, except with 5% deviation)
Of the Top 25 Division II Teams (of which there are 7; 23 total in the HHSAA):
28.6% represent the BIIF (BIIF comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division II; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 28.6% represent the ILH (ILH comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division II; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
14.3% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division II; PAR)
- 14.3% represent the MIL (MIL comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division II; PAR)
42.9% represent the OIA (OIA comprises 39.1% of the HHSAA Division II; PAR)
Top 10 Statistics ('above average' worth 2-points, 'par' worth 1-point):
- 0.0% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
- 0.0% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
- 20% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +2)
- 0.0% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
- 0.0% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
- 0.0% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0*)
- 10% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; +1)
- 30% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +2)
- 20% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; PAR; +1)
- 0.0% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
Next 10 Statistics ('above average' worth 1-points, 'par' worth 0-points):
- 10% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; PAR)
10% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; PAR)
- 10% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR)
10% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; PAR)
- 10% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR)
- 10% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 0.0% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 10% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 20% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA;PAR)
- 10% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1))
(IMAGES BORROWED FROM SCORINGLIVE.COM)

*Not fair to give away points just because the conference is small.
Last edited by politclyincrekt on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Getreal$ wrote:You called it!
Haha, I missed the Roosevelt-Waialua game by one point :oops:

We got almost perfect last week (going 19 for 20). Let's see who's playing this week!

Konawaena over Hawaii Prep @ Konawaena
The Battle for the Big Island is intense as usual this year. Both teams need the win if they want to keep up with KS-Hawaii. I like Kona's momentum moving into the mid-season and take them at home over the Ka Makani.

Waianae over Castle @ Waianae
If last year's play-offs and this year have shown us anything, it's that the Knights are fighters. However, the trampling at the hands of Kahuku has taken the wind out of their sails and Waianae is coming fresh off a bye.

UPSET ALERT
Mililani over Campbell @ Campbell
I'll take Mililani week-in and week-out until play-offs. But if someone at this point in the season can beat them; Campbell will be the one to do it. This is a classic Wild-OIA-West match-up and could go either way if the Trojans make too many mistakes on offense.

McKinley over Waipahu @ Roosevelt
One of these teams is going to have a win this season. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The Tiger offense was never powerful, but it has been the defense game in and game out that has kept the hope alive. I say Coach Cho's defense pulls out the win against an undermanned Waipahu.

Pearl City over Radford @ Aiea
Both teams need the win if they want the top seed come play-offs. Radford has struggled too much against smaller teams for me to give them the edge.

UPSET ALERT
St. Louis over Kamehameha @ Aloha Stadium
I said it. St. Louis will topple Kamehameha this week. St. Louis has been taking out some much needed frustration on the ILH Division II and, no doubt, has been trying knew things. This will be Kamehameha's first Division I game this season and I think we'll all be in for a shocker.

Other Games:
Nanakuli over Anuenue @ Nanakuli
KS-Hawaii over Waiakea @ KS-Hawaii
Baldwin over KS-Maui @ Maui
Kahuku over Kaiser @ Kaiser
Moanalua over Aiea @ Moanalua
Kapolei over Kailua @ Kapolei
Kalaheo over Roosevelt @ Roosevelt
Damien over St. Francis @ Aloha Stadium
Iolani over Pac-5 @ Aloha Stadium
Kalani over Kaimuki @ Kaiser
Honokaa over Keaau @ Honokaa
Hilo over Kealakehe @ Kealakehe
Kapaa over Waimea @ Vidinha Stadium
Maui over King Kekaulike @ War Memorial Stadium

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@politclyincrekt: I, too, have a feeling that St Louis will beat Kamehameha. I wouldn't think so if Apelu were playing, but with Apelu out for the season, I think Kamehameha has only an average running game. Meanwhile, St Louis has a SUPERIOR passing game. Kamehameha's D is pretty good, but I don't think it's good enough to adequately contain St Louis' passing game. Offensively, I don't think Kamehameha's running game can score enough points to keep-up with St Louis, and Kamehameha's passing game is--like its running game--only average at best. I suspect the game will be close; it will be a showdown between St Louis' passing game and Kamehameha's pass-defense. Yes, St Louis' D is vulnerable, but St Louis' passing game compensates for that. I think St Louis' passing game will score more points than their D surrenders. I like St Louis by 7. Perhaps something like 35-28? I see St Louis piling-up lots of points through the air, and Kamehameha piling-up almost as many points on the ground.

Birdman316
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Birdman316 »

politclyincrekt wrote:Summary:
14: Iolani (2-1): Proven, once again, that the Raiders cannot compete in the ILH Division I.
Wrong buddy. I guess St. Louis can't compete in Division I of the ILH either since Punahou blasted them 55-7.