Politclyincrekt's Top 25

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Politclyincrekt's Top 25

Post by studfinder »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
studfinder wrote:What in the world is a college line? You mean college size line, yes, they are very much a college size line, but . . . . for what. i don't care if you got someone on a wheelchair in the backfield, with that size line the holes should be enormous. I know Kapolei has so much talent in the backfield, but the yards gained are embarrassing. Might be time to just give the head coaching to DJ. Maybe a change is needed to make things better.
I'm assuming that most guys would say that a high-school line that's like a college line, is one that's big and tall. There's another school in the OIA Red that has a line that's probably just as heavy as Kapolei's, but is fat and slow. I'm not going to mention the school's name, as I don't want its alumni riding my butt. Now, you say you know Kapolei has "so much talent" in the backfield, but politclyincrekt says it doesn't. Who's right?
In a way politclyincrekt is right because nothing good was done in 3 games by any of the backs, do we blame the backs? DJ was always known as a smash mouth offensive minded coach, he did it at Kailua and Kahuku, this line is way bigger than any of Kailua's or Kahuku's teams. So what happened? BTW, they outsized, Farrington, Mililani, and Kahuku. This week, they will outsize Moanalua by more than the other teams, let's see.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

studfinder wrote:
studfinder wrote:What in the world is a college line? You mean college size line, yes, they are very much a college size line, but . . . . for what. i don't care if you got someone on a wheelchair in the backfield, with that size line the holes should be enormous. I know Kapolei has so much talent in the backfield, but the yards gained are embarrassing. Might be time to just give the head coaching to DJ. Maybe a change is needed to make things better.
I'm assuming that most guys would say that a high-school line that's like a college line, is one that's big and tall. There's another school in the OIA Red that has a line that's probably just as heavy as Kapolei's, but is fat and slow. I'm not going to mention the school's name, as I don't want its alumni riding my butt. Now, you say you know Kapolei has "so much talent" in the backfield, but politclyincrekt says it doesn't. Who's right?
In a way politclyincrekt is right because nothing good was done in 3 games by any of the backs, do we blame the backs? DJ was always known as a smash mouth offensive minded coach, he did it at Kailua and Kahuku, this line is way bigger than any of Kailua's or Kahuku's teams. So what happened? BTW, they outsized, Farrington, Mililani, and Kahuku. This week, they will outsize Moanalua by more than the other teams, let's see.
THAT'S what I mean by a "college-type line." When your O-line is bigger than Kahuku's or Farrington's recent O-lines, THAT is BIG.

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by studfinder »

I am sorry for going off course, but your earlier comment was that Kapolei has probably the best offensive line in the state was what I originally referred to, but based on watching them struggle against everyone, I would rank Kapolei 8th best. Punahou, St. Louis, Mililani, Kahuku, Kaiser, Leilehua, Farrington all rank in front. St. Louis unfortunately doesn't have a good defense which makes them appear week. Having that shoot out with Mililani enforced my belief in their line (Ulu-Perry) Kaiser has a young rugged line with 2 great juniors with Nisa and Eletise. Mililani with Tovi and Agasiva are devastating. Yes, Kapolei has the size, but what good is it if you can't block?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

studfinder wrote:I am sorry for going off course, but your earlier comment was that Kapolei has probably the best offensive line in the state was what I originally referred to, but based on watching them struggle against everyone, I would rank Kapolei 8th best. Punahou, St. Louis, Mililani, Kahuku, Kaiser, Leilehua, Farrington all rank in front. St. Louis unfortunately doesn't have a good defense which makes them appear week. Having that shoot out with Mililani enforced my belief in their line (Ulu-Perry) Kaiser has a young rugged line with 2 great juniors with Nisa and Eletise. Mililani with Tovi and Agasiva are devastating. Yes, Kapolei has the size, but what good is it if you can't block?
OK; perhaps it's a matter of skill / technique. If you're correct, then perhaps Kapolei's O-line coaches need to be looked at. For O-linemen, FOOTWORK is especially important. But presumably, Kapolei's O-line has tremendous potential with its size and height. You MIGHT be overrating St Louis' O-line. I heard that the reason St Louis scored so many points on Mililani is that Mililani pulled its first-string D early. I think Ulu-Perry is one of the best O-linemen in the state, but he's just ONE guy on St Louis' line. If Kaiser's O-line is so good, what happened against Waianae? And Waianae lost to Moanalua, and got pounded by Leilehua. I was told by a RELATIVE of some of Farrington's players that Farrington's O-line is big but slow.

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by studfinder »

studfinder wrote:I am sorry for going off course, but your earlier comment was that Kapolei has probably the best offensive line in the state was what I originally referred to, but based on watching them struggle against everyone, I would rank Kapolei 8th best. Punahou, St. Louis, Mililani, Kahuku, Kaiser, Leilehua, Farrington all rank in front. St. Louis unfortunately doesn't have a good defense which makes them appear week. Having that shoot out with Mililani enforced my belief in their line (Ulu-Perry) Kaiser has a young rugged line with 2 great juniors with Nisa and Eletise. Mililani with Tovi and Agasiva are devastating. Yes, Kapolei has the size, but what good is it if you can't block?
OK; perhaps it's a matter of skill / technique. If you're correct, then perhaps Kapolei's O-line coaches need to be looked at. For O-linemen, FOOTWORK is especially important. But presumably, Kapolei's O-line has tremendous potential with its size and height. You MIGHT be overrating St Louis' O-line. I heard that the reason St Louis scored so many points on Mililani is that Mililani pulled its first-string D early. I think Ulu-Perry is one of the best O-linemen in the state, but he's just ONE guy on St Louis' line. If Kaiser's O-line is so good, what happened against Waianae? And Waianae lost to Moanalua, and got pounded by Leilehua. I was told by a RELATIVE of some of Farrington's players that Farrington's O-line is big but slow.[/quote

Well, you heard wrong about Mililani, where do you get your information from? You would pull your first D in a 63-47 game which ended up just a 16 point difference? True, Ulu-Perry is just one guy on the line, btw an offense that scored 47 points against the 2nd best team in the state. If I am over rating St. Louis then your observation about Kapolei's (0-3) line with 189 yards rushing and 300 + yards passing in 3 games not over rated? getting to Waianae, you do know that several starters didn't play due to academic suspension, including their QB. Yes, Farrington's line is big, slow and, um...undefeated.

kanakattack
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by kanakattack »

2 things to think about:

1. I don't think anybody said Kapolei had the BEST OL, just that they had a lot of big, tall guys and they looked like a college sized OL.
2. That OL had to go against Kahuku (Salanoa Wily), Farrington (Breiden Fehoko), and Mililani (Rex Manu) in back to back to back weeks.

I not sure if ANY OL in the state would have put up huge numbers against that three game stretch.
They could be big for nothing. But we shall see.

studfinder
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by studfinder »

kanakattack wrote:2 things to think about:

1. I don't think anybody said Kapolei had the BEST OL, just that they had a lot of big, tall guys and they looked like a college sized OL.
2. That OL had to go against Kahuku (Salanoa Wily), Farrington (Breiden Fehoko), and Mililani (Rex Manu) in back to back to back weeks.

I not sure if ANY OL in the state would have put up huge numbers against that three game stretch.

HS Football Fanatic
Starter
Starter

Post Re: Politclyincrekt's Top 25
@politclyincrekt: The only thing I question is your picking Moanalua to beat Kapolei.
1. Kapolei probably has the best O-line in the state, though it's hard to tell based on the team's record.
2. Moanalua had some 574 yards passing, but they STILL lost to Farrington, and the score wasn't even close.
3. Farrington beat Kapolei by ONLY TWO points.
4. You say Farrington has a fierce D, and I agree. However, someone on another thread said their PASS defense isn't that good. Could THAT be why Moanalua got so many yards through the air?

I like Kapolei by 7.

Thank God I went to Kamehameha, I can read!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

studfinder wrote:
OK; perhaps it's a matter of skill / technique. If you're correct, then perhaps Kapolei's O-line coaches need to be looked at. For O-linemen, FOOTWORK is especially important. But presumably, Kapolei's O-line has tremendous potential with its size and height. You MIGHT be overrating St Louis' O-line. I heard that the reason St Louis scored so many points on Mililani is that Mililani pulled its first-string D early. I think Ulu-Perry is one of the best O-linemen in the state, but he's just ONE guy on St Louis' line. If Kaiser's O-line is so good, what happened against Waianae? And Waianae lost to Moanalua, and got pounded by Leilehua. I was told by a RELATIVE of some of Farrington's players that Farrington's O-line is big but slow.[/quote

Well, you heard wrong about Mililani, where do you get your information from? You would pull your first D in a 63-47 game which ended up just a 16 point difference? True, Ulu-Perry is just one guy on the line, btw an offense that scored 47 points against the 2nd best team in the state. If I am over rating St. Louis then your observation about Kapolei's (0-3) line with 189 yards rushing and 300 + yards passing in 3 games not over rated? getting to Waianae, you do know that several starters didn't play due to academic suspension, including their QB. Yes, Farrington's line is big, slow and, um...undefeated.
Got my info about Mililani from one of my "informants"; yes, he's been wrong before. But he knows a lot of players personally, so I don't want to disregard everything he tells me. But, surely we're not going to say that St Louis' O-line is better than Kapolei's, right? I mean, LOOK at those two O-lines. And, they DID scrimmage last month, right? Look at what Kapolei's O-line did to St Louis' D-line. It would be interesting to watch Kapolei and St Louis play NOW, and not just a scrimmage. And yes, Farrington's O-line is undefeated, for now. They have yet to play Leilehua, Kahuku, or Mililani.
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Chicago Bears

Post by politclyincrekt »

Alright, gentleman. Thank goodness the game is being televised in a couple hours :P

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

kanakattack wrote:2 things to think about:

I think you're right about Kapolei's O-line: Big, tall, and college-sized, but not necessarily the best. But, which school do you think HAS the best O-line? Punahou?

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Wow I was WAY off on my predictions haha :P

Getreal$
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Getreal$ »

I'm interested to see how you will rank Hilo and KS-Hawaii now. Hilo won in OT but if not for dropped passes by KS-Hawaii receivers, Hilo would have lost. In OT the Hilo RB hurdled the pile (should have been a penalty) and scored. KS-Hawaii on their possession, QB Kanehailua like he's done all game, hits a perfect 15yard strike to his receiver who should have walked in for a score. Instead, like a bunch of his receivers did all night long, coughed it up for no reason, game over. Hilo was outplayed at every facet of the game and was lucky, very lucky to come away with a OT win. In my opinion, KS-Hawaii being a DII team taking Hilo DI team into OT, should move up and Hilo move down.

politclyincrekt
Play Maker
Play Maker

Summary:
There are a lot of things to consider when making a Top 25. There were a lot of games I had to go over and I'll admit it's especially hard to make an accurate ranking when you can't even see at least highlights for all of them. But, as usual, I've done my best this week; we see the OIA White gaining some traction in the lower parts of the ranking. The OIA Red and MIL D1 lost a team each. The ILH D1 has further solidified their dominance over most other teams on the list with their performances this weekend. There is also some mid-rank truffle shuffle going on thanks, in part, to Castle's showing against Leilehua.

Before someone blows the whistle on Radford being in the Top 25 (someone is going to), Nanakuli and Radford being bumped was a testament to Roosevelt's performance. I can agree that Radford is not as strong, but Roosevelt is also not that weak.

Top 10 (2 ILH, 1 MIL, 7 OIA)
- 1: Punahou (2-0)
- 2: Mililani (4-0): DNP
- 3: Kamehameha (2-0)
4: Farrington (4-0): Farrington continues dismantling its opponents. Bumps ahead of Leilehua and Kahuku for now.
5: Leilehua (4-0)
6: Kahuku (3-0): DNP
- 7: Campbell (3-0)
- 8: Lahainaluna (4-0): Keeps their spot after manhandling Baldwin.
9: Waianae (2-2): The third top team in a row that has stopped McKinley.
10: Kaiser (2-1)

Next 10 (1 BIIF, 3 ILH, 1 KIF, 1 MIL, 4 OIA)
- 11: St. Louis (1-3): There just isn't enough time in a game to drop 60 points on a team.
- 12: Kapolei (1-3): Keeps their ranking after proving me wrong this week.
13: Iolani (2-0): DNP
14: Moanalua (1-3)
15: Castle (1-2): Performed better against Leilehua than any team has yet this season.
16: Hilo (3-0): Struggled against KSH but lucked away with a win. And a win is a win, in this case.
17: Maui (3-0): DNP
18: Kapaa (1-1): DNP
- 19: Pearl City (4-0): Win by forfeit.
20: Damien (1-2)

Sneaking In (1 BIIF, 0 ILH, 1 KIF, 0 MIL, 3 OIA)
21: Aiea (1-2)
22: KS-Hawaii (1-1): Their performance against Hilo gives the Warriors a huge boost in rankings.
23. Nanakuli (3-0): Kalani's struggle and their performance against Waialua have earned the Golden Hawks a place in the Top 25.
- 24: Kauai (1-2): They hang on to their spot with a strong showing against Waimea.
25. Radford (3-1): Still undefeated vs. OIA opponents.

Dropped:
McKinley (0-3): McKinley easily has the hardest starting schedule in the state. It only gets easier from here.
Baldwin (0-3): Really getting beaten up this year.

Overall Conference Power Rankings:
(While conferences may have individual powerhouse teams, this ranking takes into account conference performance as a whole)
- 1. ILH Division I (0.800)
- 2. OIA Blue (0.600)
- 3. ILH Division II (0.500)
4. KIF (0.400)
5. OIA Red (0.300)
- 6. MIL Division I (0.100)
- 7. MIL Division II (-0.100)
- 8. BIIF Division I (-0.400)
T9. BIIF Division II (-0.500)
T9. OIA White (-0.600)

STATISTICS
54.3% of all HHSAA teams in Top 25
- 25% of all BIIF teams in Top 25 (BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 71.4% of all ILH teams in Top 25 (ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 66% of all KIF teams in Top 25 (ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
40% of all MIL teams in Top 25 (BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
60.9% of all OIA teams in Top 25 (PAR; 0)
(>10% below HHSAA percentage is below average, >10% above HHSAA percentage is above average, within 10% of HHSAA percentage is par)
-------------------------------------------------------
Of the Top 25 Teams:
- 4% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
- 4% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division II comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
- 12% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 8% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.6% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
- 8% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
- 4% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA: PAR; 0)
- 4% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; 0)
20% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA;PAR; 0)
- 24% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
12% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
(Below Average, Above Average, and Par grades follow same as above, except with 5% deviation)
Of the Top 25 Division I Teams (of which there are 18; 23 total in the HHSAA):
- 5.5% represent the BIIF (BIIF comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division I; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 16.7% represent the ILH (ILH comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
5.6% represent the MIL (MIL comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
27.8% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 30.4% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
33.3% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 30.4% of the HHSAA Division I; PAR)
(Below Average, Above Average, and Par grades follow same as above, except with 5% deviation)
Of the Top 25 Division II Teams (of which there are 7; 23 total in the HHSAA):
- 14.3% represent the BIIF (BIIF comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division II; PAR)
- 28.6% represent the ILH (ILH comprises 17.4% of the HHSAA Division II; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 28.6% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division II; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 14.3% represent the MIL (MIL comprises 13% of the HHSAA Division II; PAR)
42.9% represent the OIA (OIA comprises 39.1% of the HHSAA Division II; PAR)
Top 10 Statistics ('above average' worth 2-points, 'par' worth 1-point):
- 0.0% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
- 0.0% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
- 20% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +2)
- 0.0% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
- 0.0% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
- 0.0% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0*)
- 10% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR; +1)
- 30% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +2)
- 20% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; PAR; +1)
- 0.0% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; 0)
Next 10 Statistics ('above average' worth 1-points, 'par' worth 0-points):
- 10% represent the BIIF Division I (BIIF Division I comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; PAR)
- 0.0% represent the BIIF Division II (BIIF Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 10% represent the ILH Division I (ILH Division I comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR)
20% represent the ILH Division II (ILH Division II comprises 8.7% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 10% represent the KIF (KIF comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; PAR)
- 10% represent the MIL Division I (MIL Division I comprises 4.3% of the HHSAA; ABOVE AVERAGE; +1)
- 0.0% represent the MIL Division II (MIL Division II comprises 6.5% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
- 10% represent the OIA Red (OIA Red comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1)
20% represent the OIA Blue (OIA Blue comprises 15.2% of the HHSAA;PAR)
- 10% represent the OIA White (OIA White comprises 19.6% of the HHSAA; BELOW AVERAGE; -1))
(IMAGES BORROWED FROM SCORINGLIVE.COM)

*Not fair to give away points just because the conference is small.

bigD
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by bigD »

Not sure why Farmington would jump leileihua and kahuku considering they almost lost to kapolei. Also if you compare kahuku and Farrington to the same opponents, kahuku had better success. I'm guessing they got jumped due to being idel? Interesting... I would also assume the only team that dismantled all of its apponents so far would be leileihua. The score was 41 to 14 against castle in the 3rd quarter so I'm not sure how you can judge castles performance when leileihua clearly pulled most starters.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

bigD wrote:Not sure why Farmington would jump leileihua and kahuku considering they almost lost to kapolei. Also if you compare kahuku and Farrington to the same opponents, kahuku had better success. I'm guessing they got jumped due to being idel? Interesting... I would also assume the only team that dismantled all of its apponents so far would be leileihua. The score was 41 to 14 against castle in the 3rd quarter so I'm not sure how you can judge castles performance when leileihua clearly pulled most starters.
Well, I'll say THIS about Farrington:
1. They have a scary D, especially against the run.
2. With Mamiya, they have a formidable running game, and a huge O-line to drive it.