2014 HS Football Pick 'em - Week 5

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
reignjah11
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NFL: New England Patriots

2014 HS Football Pick 'em - Week 5

Post by reignjah11 »

Last Week (Overall)

mrwhite: 8-0 (16-0) ***I see you edited your post though friday 8:56pm! hehe [-X
Sugarmill: 7-1 (17-6)
dirtylickens: 7-1
reignjah11: 6-2 (19-4)
unpaid: 6-2 (19-4)
rednblue: 6-2 (18-5)
Undftd: 6-2 (18-5)
footballfreak: 6-2
rrforlifebaby: 4-4 (15-8)
bandits1: 4-4 (12-4)
saynotomercs: n/a (11-4)
ManuSamoa: n/a (7-1)
808warrior4lyfe: n/a (7-1)

This Week:
*Went with more outer island and D2 games this week since many of the D1 games are mismatches.

(D2 #5) KS-Hawaii @ Hilo - Hilo (27-20 Hilo)

(D2 #9) Pac-Five vs (#8) Saint Louis @ Aloha Stadium - PAC-5!!! ...jus kidding, Saint Louis better win this! :-? (60-13 Saint Louis)

Waimea @ Kauai - Kauai (28-13 Kauai)

Castle @ (#7) Leilehua - Leilehua (41-28 Leilehua)

(#9) Kapolei @ Moanalua - Kapolei (25-14 Kapolei)

Aiea vs (#5) Farrington @ Roosevelt - Farrington (52-0 Farrington)

(D2 #7) Radford vs Kaimuki @ Kaiser - Radford (41-9 Radford)

(D2 #1) Lahainaluna @ Baldwin - Baldwin (42-7 Lahainaluna)

*scoringlive week 4 power rankings
Last edited by reignjah11 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:30 am, edited 9 times in total.

Sugarmill
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: Tigers
NBA: Pistons
NFL: Skins

Re: 2014 HS Football Pick 'em - Week 5

Post by Sugarmill »

Vikings
Crusaders
Menehunes
Mules
Na Menehune
Governors
Bulldogs
Lunas

footballfreak
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by footballfreak »

KS-Hawaii @ Hilo - Don't know either team, but I heard the Vikings are pretty good.

Pac-Five vs Saint Louis - As horrible as the Saints defense is, they should stop anything Pac-5 throw at them. 34-7 St. Louis

Waimea @ Kauai - Kauai and Kapa'a are the 2 toughest teams on Kauai. 24-14 Kauai

Castle @ Leilehua - The Mules will romp Castle by a lot. Pauole will throw easily 300+ yards. 54-6 Mules

Kapolei @ Moanalua - I have yet to see this offensive line move anything, but I like Julius, Kea, and Mautautia. It will be a close one 30-28 Kapolei

Aiea vs Farrington @ Roosevelt - Aiea had a good game against Kailua, but wo is Kailua? Fehoko and company will stomp Na Ali'i 40-14 Farrington

Radford vs Kaimuki @ Kaiser - The D-2 goes like this for me, Pearl City, Nanakuli, and Radford. This will be another win for the Rams 27-7

Lahainaluna @ Baldwin - I used to like Baldwin, but after losing to Maui High the other week, Lunas, though not as tough as in the past this will be close 24-20 Lahainaluna.

Undftd
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Undftd »

KS-Hawaii @ Hilo - Hilo

Pac-Five vs Saint Louis @ Aloha Stadium - PAC-5!!! ...jus kidding, Saint Louis better win this! :-?

Waimea @ Kauai - Kauai

Castle @ Leilehua - Leilehua

Kapolei @ Moanalua - Kapolei

Aiea vs Farrington @ Roosevelt - Farrington

Radford vs Kaimuki @ Kaiser - Radford

Lahainaluna @ Baldwin - Baldwin
Undefeated. 11-0
State Champions

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Hilo
St Louis
Kauai
Leilehua
Moanalua
Farrington
Radford
Lanailuna

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

Hilo
St.Louis
Kauai
Leilehua
Moanalua
Farrington
Radford
Lahainaluna

This is where I probably start going down in the standings...heh,heh!

jrboi96786
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jrboi96786 »

Hilo -
Saint Louis - I would laugh so hard if they lose this one. Lol. SAINTS 42-0
Kauai -
Leilehua - I'm not impress with the Mules QB, the backup QB (Ugalino) looks more impressive than the main guy. I'm not convince with the offense yet, but they're a lot better than last year. The defense looks convincing. I think the mules will limit the Knights between 0-7 points on the board. The offense should score more than 30s because of poor Knights defense. Need to improve their PAT team. MULES 49-7
Moanalua - Is more impressive than Kapolei. Na Menehune specializes on areal attack and Kapolei seems pretty bad at defending at that area. NA MENEHUNE 28-17 (correction)
Farrington - You just can't compare the talent and size of the governors against naalii. GOVS 42-10
Radford - they'll be playing at the state championship - RAMS 28-10
Lahainaluna - Baldwin needs to step down to D2 and the Lunas needs to step up to D1. Baldwin is not Maui's chief anymore. LUNAS 21-14
Last edited by jrboi96786 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

jrboi96786 wrote:Hilo -
Kauai -
Leilehua - I'm not impress with the Mules QB, the backup QB (Ugalino) looks more impressive than the main guy. I'm not convince with the offense yet, but they're a lot better than last year. The defense looks convincing. I think the mules will limit the Knights between 0-7 points on the board. The offense should score more than 30s because of poor Knights defense. Need to improve their PAT team. MULES 49-7
Moanalua - Is more impressive than Kapolei. Na Menehune specializes on areal attack and Kapolei seems pretty bad at defending at that area. CANES 28-17
Farrington - You just can't compare the talent and size of the governors against naalii. GOVS 42-10
Lahainaluna - Baldwin needs to step down to D2 and the Lunas needs to step up to D1. Baldwin is not Maui's chief anymore. LUNAS 21-14
1. Do you REALLY think St Louis will shut-out Pac-Five? Not with the defense St Louis has this year. St Louis 42-7.
2. Radford is going to be in the D2 state title game? Do you think they're going to get past Nanakuli and Pearl City? Remember, Radford struggled against ROOSEVELT.

FatherofCody&Casey
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by FatherofCody&Casey »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
Kauai -
Moanalua - Is more impressive than Kapolei. Na Menehune specializes on areal attack and Kapolei seems pretty bad at defending at that area. CANES 28-17
1. Do you REALLY think St Louis will shut-out Pac-Five? Not with the defense St Louis has this year. St Louis 42-7.
2. Radford is going to be in the D2 state title game? Do you think they're going to get past Nanakuli and Pearl City? Remember, Radford struggled against ROOSEVELT.
When is the last time STL lost to P5 anyway?

St. Louis
Kauai
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Radford
Lahainaluna

jrboi96786
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by jrboi96786 »

Kauai -
I agree, ST Louis is a struggling team. But c'mon, when was the last time you hear a heart beat from the PAC5 team? We've seem some teams who had good players and still getting blanked by other teams. I think the Saints will blanked the PAC5 to ease up some of their anger after getting disrespected and humiliated for the last 3 weeks.

Radford, you don't have to be perfect to be a contender. Back in 2007 when Leilehua won the championships, but during their regular season game against Kapolie, they were blanked... If I recall, Canes won 21-0. Same year Saint Louis were almost perfect but what happened at the championship. I don't think Radford will win the state, but they have better chance compare to other OIA D2 teams.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

FatherofCody&Casey wrote:
Kauai -
When is the last time STL lost to P5 anyway?

St. Louis
Kauai
Leilehua
Kapolei
Farrington
Radford
Lahainaluna
The last time St Louis lost to Pac-Five was probably 1985 or so. But I didn't say Pac-Five would beat St Louis; I said they probably won't be shut out.

MauiGuy
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by MauiGuy »

Been out for a while, glad to be back. Here's how I see it...

Hilo
St. Louis
Kaua'i
Leilehua
Moanalua
Farrington
Radford
Lahainaluna

Localfan808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Localfan808 »

Hilo
Saint Louis
Kauai
Leilehua
Moanalua
Farrington
Kaimuki
Baldwin

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

jrboi96786 wrote:
Kauai -
I agree, ST Louis is a struggling team. But c'mon, when was the last time you hear a heart beat from the PAC5 team? We've seem some teams who had good players and still getting blanked by other teams. I think the Saints will blanked the PAC5 to ease up some of their anger after getting disrespected and humiliated for the last 3 weeks.

Radford, you don't have to be perfect to be a contender. Back in 2007 when Leilehua won the championships, but during their regular season game against Kapolie, they were blanked... If I recall, Canes won 21-0. Same year Saint Louis were almost perfect but what happened at the championship. I don't think Radford will win the state, but they have better chance compare to other OIA D2 teams.
I'm still not sure I understand how Radford would have a better chance than Pearl City or Nanakuli.

crusaderbangah808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by crusaderbangah808 »

Hilo- 45-0

Saint Louis- 28-7

Kauai- 28-21

Leilehua- 35-21

Kapolei- 21-14

Farrington- 63-7

Radford- 28-0