St. Louis QB debacle

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
Squid Diver
High-quality H20 provider

Re: St. Louis QB debacle

Post by Squid Diver »

gridiron22 wrote:How this thread went 8 pages deep with one person saying the exact same thing over and over is beyond me. Just be happy for the kids.
:D I was just thinking that last night. Now it's nine pages! Can't be happy for Kuhns, however. He's getting the wrong end of the stick.
Last edited by Squid Diver on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

saynotomercs wrote:Tua's on his way to becoming one of the best players in school history.
This much hype going into five games of his sophomore year? Miano dubbed him better than Mariota after his BREAK OUT game against PAC-5 (I wonder if Miano has ever seen Kuhns play)? The sophmore had 60 yards passing in the first half versus Punahou (mostly bad play calling & selection). Where doe's this hype come from so early and so unproven? This could be very well true. Kuhns first action as a sophomore against Bishop Gorman never ever received this much hype. You would think going on the same hype Tua as received, Kuhns would be a shoe in as a Heisman trophy candidate after Bishop Gorman performance.

I do not disagree with anything your saying. You are probably right, in the end it's just a opinion at this point. We can talk fact after his senior year. However, do you see my point? He's been dubbed the best EVER by the Lee's, Miano, most of the media, basically after 5 games which include two games versus PAC-5 and Iolani. Really? The overwhelming favoritism/popularity choice.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Squid Diver wrote:
saynotomercs wrote:Tua's on his way to becoming one of the best players in school history.
This much hype going into five games of his sophomore year? Miano dubbed him better than Mariota after his BREAK OUT game against PAC-5 (I wonder if Miano has ever seen Kuhns play)? The sophmore had 60 yards passing in the first half versus Punahou (mostly bad play calling & selection). Where doe's this hype come from so early and so unproven? This could be very well true. Kuhns first action as a sophomore against Bishop Gorman never ever received this much hype. You would think going on the same hype Tua as received, Kuhns would be a shoe in as a Heisman trophy candidate after Bishop Gorman performance.

I do not disagree with anything your saying. You are probably right, in the end it's just a opinion at this point. We can talk fact after his senior year. However, do you see my point? He's been dubbed the best EVER by the Lee's, Miano, most of the media, basically after 5 games which include two games versus PAC-5 and Iolani. Really? The overwhelming favoritism/popularity choice.
Unfortunately for Tua, thanks to the overwhelming hype train, starting next year it's championship or bust.

IslandRainbow808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by IslandRainbow808 »

Squid Diver wrote:
This much hype going into five games of his sophomore year? Miano dubbed him better than Mariota after his BREAK OUT game against PAC-5
They got bigger problems. They need to start winning their own division.

JUS_another_brotha
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by JUS_another_brotha »

SquidLUAU,

You still hating on TUA? LMAO

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

JUS_another_brotha wrote:SquidLUAU,

You still hating on TUA? LMAO
Squid is a lover not a hater. Is this a open forum where opinions are to be discussed and encouraged? I start a thread encouraging discussion amongst members of these forums. As why these forums exist in the first place. Open discussion is encouraged?

On the contrary, I believe and as I have stated throughout these forums, it is Kuhns who is being as you say "hating" on by Crusader nation and coaching staff. Can you read? I support Kuhns for sure, nothing to do with Tua at all. Again, if your able to understand the queen's english, you will be able to ascertain my reasons for supporting Kuhns. Don't get confused with my support Kuhns, it does not translate to "hating" on Tua. That's your illogical and immature assumption. Go Kuhns!

Lesson all pau!

JUS_another_brotha
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Squid Luau,

No need to get all crazy. Its all good. Forum? Its all fun. Nothing personal. You said how you felt and taken well but unfortunately Cal Lee and his staff feel that Tua ia better fit for their offense. Hoping nothing but the best for Kuhns. \:D/

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

JUS_another_brotha wrote:Squid Luau,

No need to get all crazy. Its all good. Forum? Its all fun. Nothing personal. You said how you felt and taken well but unfortunately Cal Lee and his staff feel that Tua ia better fit for their offense. Hoping nothing but the best for Kuhns. \:D/
My bad. I'm a little sensitive. :oops:

fballnutbag

Post by fballnutbag »

How you think Kuhns felt coming in for the last play of the 1st half, just to get sacked? Feel sorry for that boy.

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

fballnutbag wrote:How you think Kuhns felt coming in for the last play of the 1st half, just to get sacked? Feel sorry for that boy.
Or how about the last series of the Punahou game? 55-6, then they stick him in with 2:00 to go on a running clock in the fourth quarter for the last series of the game? I'm mean it's heart wrenching.

On so many levels it's just a bad, sad, dishonest, lack of integrity, lack of respect, mistreatment by the coaching staff and Crusader Nation. Total disregard for this kid's future. It's a sad deal all around. Only thing you can try move on as a life lesson. Still hard to watch a 18 year old kid get treated this way by his so called brotherhood.

bow89
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by bow89 »

Squid Diver wrote:
fballnutbag wrote:How you think Kuhns felt coming in for the last play of the 1st half, just to get sacked? Feel sorry for that boy.
Or how about the last series of the Punahou game? 55-6, then they stick him in with 2:00 to go on a running clock in the fourth quarter for the last series of the game? I'm mean it's heart wrenching.

On so many levels it's just a bad, sad, dishonest, lack of integrity, lack of respect, mistreatment by the coaching staff and Crusader Nation. Total disregard for this kid's future. It's a sad deal all around. Only thing you can try move on as a life lesson. Still hard to watch a 18 year old kid get treated this way by his so called brotherhood.
Unless someone specifically told Ryder that he would be the starter no matter what, how is the fact that he is not starting dishonest or showing a lack of integrity? If anything it would show a lack of integrity to play someone just because they were a senior. It should be noted that you are creating a quarterback controversy where none should exist. Unlike the Mariota years, there is virtually no rumbling from the Saint Louis community that the wrong quarterback is starting.

JUS_another_brotha
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

What did Ryder say on the interview? Or should I say what did u think ryder said and felt? U keep talking about crusader nation but u just have no clue. U like to think how other people think but really its just your feelings. Time amd time you say things that are really your opinion.

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

bow89 wrote:Unless someone specifically told Ryder that he would be the starter no matter what, how is the fact that he is not starting dishonest or showing a lack of integrity? If anything it would show a lack of integrity to play someone just because they were a senior. It should be noted that you are creating a quarterback controversy where none should exist. Unlike the Mariota years, there is virtually no rumbling from the Saint Louis community that the wrong quarterback is starting.
I stated in my previous posts that the sophomore in my belief, was the choice during spring ball which Kuhns was not able to participate due to baseball. People other than myself have also confirmed this belief. The sophomores parents threatened to pull him to Campbell, this has also been brought up in these forums (not by me). The sophomore was also the starter during the summer 7 on 7 games. The Lee's can stick in anyone they feel, they do not need a reason.

To that fact, I am stating, it's disrespectful, disloyal, lack of integrity, disregard for a kid's future, and just plain wrong to throw this kid to the side like he doesn't matter. The coaches and Crusader nation has mistreated Kuhns through and through in this matter.

Squid Diver

Post by Squid Diver »

JUS_another_brotha wrote:What did Ryder say on the interview? Or should I say what did u think ryder said and felt? U keep talking about crusader nation but u just have no clue. U like to think how other people think but really its just your feelings. Time amd time you say things that are really your opinion.
What interview are you referring? I do know how Ryder feels, however, you may be right. Alot of what I am saying is based on my conclusions, observations, information from coaches, players, admin, and media. Ryder doesn't deserve to be treated this way. Like the majority of Crusader nation, their choice and support is for the sophomore.

By the way, did you watch Bishop Gorman dominate St. Johns Boscoe this past weekend? Remember when Kuhns dominated Bishop Gorman for three quarters that he played when he was a sophomore? I don't remember Kuhn's stats were but I believe he threw for close to 400 yards (if not more) and 4 or 5 td passes in three quarters. I believe Kuhns is better than both Gorman's and Boscoe's QB's now. How has he fallen in such a short period of time, so fast, by the eyes of so many at Crusader nation and the media? It's baffling how far he has fallen to so many at St. Louis. It's plain wrong.

SRJC
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by SRJC »

Squid Diver wrote:
Remember when Kuhns dominated Bishop Gorman for three quarters that he played when he was a sophomore? I don't remember Kuhn's stats were but I believe he threw for close to 400 yards (if not more) and 4 or 5 td passes in three quarters. I believe Kuhns is better than both Gorman's and Boscoe's QB's now. How has he fallen in such a short period of time, so fast, by the eyes of so many at Crusader nation and the media? It's baffling how far he has fallen to so many at St. Louis. It's plain wrong.
according to the stats you are wrong my friend I like how you like to fabricate stats.
http://scoringlive.com/football/gamesum ... ameid=1388

BG lead 42-7 with 6:28 left in the third. Kuhns stats vs Bishop Gormans scout team 23/38, 247 yards and 3 tds.

"With the score 42-7, the scoreboard operator was doing the job: 35-point lead equals mercy rule equals running clock. But after the two minutes ran, the head referee said “No running clock.”
But I’m guessing Fox Sports was not too happy with the running clock."
- http://www.hawaiiprepworld.com/football ... an-update/

had there been a running clock would Kuhns even have the time to gain those stats he put up?

St. John Bosco's QB Josh Rosen commits to UCLA where is Kuhn's going?