MaxPrep's most dominant Hawaii FB team in the past 10 years

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.

Eastside Hooligan
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: 49ers

Re: MaxPrep's most dominant Hawaii FB team in the past 10 ye

Post by Eastside Hooligan »

..... Yes they have dominated the DIV 2 level. BUT they are not the MOST dominant team in Hawaii.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

HAHAHAHAHA........... Come on, move on up Iolani.

bandits1
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by bandits1 »

Eastside Hooligan wrote:..... Yes they have dominated the DIV 2 level. BUT they are not the MOST dominant team in Hawaii.
Agree. Iolani in their best season in the last ten wouldn't have even been close to dominant in the ILH D1 or OIA Red. They might have been been competitive, but dominant? No way.

That being said, MaxPreps made it clear what their criteria was for making their list and Iolani hit on every one of them. Perhaps if Star Advertiser didn't rank D2 teams in their Top 10 or if they at least made two separate rankings, then it would be interesting where Iolani would be on that list.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

bandits1 wrote:
Eastside Hooligan wrote:..... Yes they have dominated the DIV 2 level. BUT they are not the MOST dominant team in Hawaii.
Agree. Iolani in their best season in the last ten wouldn't have even been close to dominant in the ILH D1 or OIA Red. They might have been been competitive, but dominant? No way.

That being said, MaxPreps made it clear what their criteria was for making their list and Iolani hit on every one of them. Perhaps if Star Advertiser didn't rank D2 teams in their Top 10 or if they at least made two separate rankings, then it would be interesting where Iolani would be on that list.
You would think that it would go without saying that the most dominant team in Hawaii would HAVE to be a D1 / Red team. Over the past ten years, I would say Kahuku.

dirtylickens
High-quality H20 provider

Post by dirtylickens »

I would have to agree. Kahuku would be hands down the most dominant team in the state in the past ten years. my ranking would probably go:

1. Kahuku
2. Punahou
3. St. Louis
4. Leilehua
5. Kamehameha

Just personally, its hard to rank the ILH teams higher because i feel like they are consistently fielding strong teams, but they essentially take each other out year after year. And in the past 5 years, Punahou has been the team to beat most years.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

dirtylickens wrote:I would have to agree. Kahuku would be hands down the most dominant team in the state in the past ten years. my ranking would probably go:

1. Kahuku
2. Punahou
3. St. Louis
4. Leilehua
5. Kamehameha

Just personally, its hard to rank the ILH teams higher because i feel like they are consistently fielding strong teams, but they essentially take each other out year after year. And in the past 5 years, Punahou has been the team to beat most years.
You would rank Leilehua ahead of Kamehameha? I think I would switch those two.

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

HS Football Fanatic wrote:
dirtylickens wrote:I would have to agree. Kahuku would be hands down the most dominant team in the state in the past ten years. my ranking would probably go:

1. Kahuku
2. Punahou
3. St. Louis
4. Leilehua
5. Kamehameha

I think its hard because those three teams are constantly beating up on each other. Leilehua is consistently in the OIA playoffs and most times in the state tournament. Its hard, but I gave Leilehua the nod to not seem like an ILH elitist as well. haha.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

dirtylickens wrote:
HS Football Fanatic wrote:

1. Kahuku
2. Punahou
3. St. Louis
4. Leilehua
5. Kamehameha

I think its hard because those three teams are constantly beating up on each other. Leilehua is consistently in the OIA playoffs and most times in the state tournament. Its hard, but I gave Leilehua the nod to not seem like an ILH elitist as well. haha.
I appreciate your defense; seems reasonable enough. However, perhaps we DO have to remember that there are, what, five or six teams that make the OIA playoffs? On the other hand, there's rarely a playoff at all in the ILH. Also, only one ILH team makes it to states. That's why I would still rank Kamehameha ahead of Leilehua, but I do appreciate that you don't want to be seen as an "ILH elitist."

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Anyone care to chime in on 6-10?
Farrington, Kapolei, WaIanae, Mililani, Kailua?
Or would an outer island or DII team crack the top 10?

dirtylickens

Post by dirtylickens »

I think its hard because if i read correctly. their criteria is for the top 10. So it takes the amount of times a team has been in the top ten and uses those numbers. I feel like outer island teams are not in the top 5, but a team like Baldwin who has been competitive in the past should be at least top 12. As far as the remaining top 10, I have no real objections either way. Its an ok list, just Iolani at number one might be the biggest joke of the year.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

dirtylickens wrote:I think its hard because if i read correctly. their criteria is for the top 10. So it takes the amount of times a team has been in the top ten and uses those numbers. I feel like outer island teams are not in the top 5, but a team like Baldwin who has been competitive in the past should be at least top 12. As far as the remaining top 10, I have no real objections either way. Its an ok list, just Iolani at number one might be the biggest joke of the year.
Exactly. I think the "most dominant team of the past decade" HAS to be a D1 / Red team. Seems to me that that should be obvious.